Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilson signs 4 year extension
(08-09-2023, 12:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is that what you are thinking Tee is looking for?
I am hoping for 4/80 mil

To me 3/65 is a good deal. Hits market again in his 20s and gets paid like a number 1
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Is that what you are thinking Tee is looking for?
I am hoping for 4/80 mil

$25m/yr is probably where the market is. 

$20m/yr would put him below DJ Moore and Keenan Allen and tied with Amari Cooper and Mike Williams. $24-25m/yr would put him at AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. 

By Week 1 of 2024, $20m/yr would see him in a 4-way tie for around 18th among WRs while $25m/yr would put him in a tie for 10th and $24m/yr would see him fall out of the top-10 entirely just 1 year after signing.

So I look at the market like that, and then I see his agent is the same agent for Deshaun Watson (huge 100% guaranteed mega-contract), Derwin James (highest paid S in the NFL), and Jessie Bates (4th highest paid S in the NFL, very intentionally $5,000/yr more than the 5th highest paid). 

3yr/$72 or 4yr/$100m is my guess.

- - - - - -

Not alone on this...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/23/bengals-tee-higgins-contract-extension-projection/
PFF guy in May apparently projects 4yr/$97m ($24.25m/yr)

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/salary-cap-expert-releases-proposed-contract-extension-bengals-star-tee-higgins
Back in Feb, another guy projected 4yr/$95m (with incentives to reach $100m)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:35 PM)Housh Wrote: To me 3/65 is a good deal. Hits market again in his 20s and gets paid like a number 1

That’s spot on
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $25m/yr is probably where the market is. 

$20m/yr would put him below DJ Moore and Keenan Allen and tied with Amari Cooper and Mike Williams. $24-25m/yr would put him at AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel. 

By Week 1 of 2024, $20m/yr would see him in a 4-way tie for around 18th among WRs while $25m/yr would put him in a tie for 10th and $24m/yr would see him fall out of the top-10 entirely just 1 year after signing.

So I look at the market like that, and then I see his agent is the same agent for Deshaun Watson (huge 100% guaranteed mega-contract), Derwin James (highest paid S in the NFL), and Jessie Bates (4th highest paid S in the NFL, very intentionally $5,000/yr more than the 5th highest paid). 

3yr/$72 or 4yr/$100m is my guess.

- - - - - -

Not alone on this...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/23/bengals-tee-higgins-contract-extension-projection/
PFF guy in May apparently projects 4yr/$97m ($24.25m/yr)

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/salary-cap-expert-releases-proposed-contract-extension-bengals-star-tee-higgins
Back in Feb, another guy projected 4yr/$95m (with incentives to reach $100m)
He won’t get to 25 per. That’s Tyreke Hill money. The next guys that’ll get that are Chase and Jefferson. Both will probably get 30M per year.

Unless of course Tee bets on himself and doesn’t sign anything this off-season and he comes out and has an INSANE year.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:16 PM)Housh Wrote: He won’t get to 25 per. That’s Tyreke Hill money. The next guys that’ll get that are Chase and Jefferson. Both will probably get 30M per year.

Unless of course Tee bets on himself and doesn’t sign anything this off-season and he comes out and has an INSANE year.

Agree and we really need to be looking at extending Chase after this year and that would be smart from Tee betting on himself.

Get a SB win with your favorite team Tee and look to getting a huge contract somewhere else if he doesn't get what he is wanting
here. It is all good, we can then extend DJ Reader for another year or two and be sitting pretty and also look to extending Cappa 
and even Karras and keeping the trenches strong.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:16 PM)Housh Wrote: He won’t get to 25 per. That’s Tyreke Hill money. The next guys that’ll get that are Chase and Jefferson. Both will probably get 30M per year.

Tyreek Hill money is $30m/yr, a full 20% more than $25m/yr. It's a whole different tier, of which I do agree Jefferson and Chase will end up at.

- - - - - -

AJ Brown through 3 years:  43 games, 2,995 yards (16.2 AVG), 24 TDs
DK Metcalf through 3 years: 49 games, 3,170 yards (14.7 AVG). 29 TDs

Tee Higgins through 3 years: 46 games, 3,028 yards (14.1 AVG), 19 TDs

Brown got $25m/yr, Metcalf got $24m/yr just last offseason. The cap rose $16.6m since then.

If you believe Tee Higgins is a #1 WR caliber player (and more importantly if Tee Higgins and his agent believe he's a #1 WR caliber player) then right around $25m/yr is what a young very good (but not top tier elite) #1 WR is getting these days. 

The contract numbers keep going up. The WR market has absolutely exploded into insanity since the Jags gave Christian Kirk $18m/yr last year. He was made the 8th highest paid WR at the time, and now just one season later he's about to be in the 18th-20th range.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tyreek Hill money is $30m/yr, a full 20% more than $25m/yr. It's a whole different tier, of which I do agree Jefferson and Chase will end up at.

- - - - - -

AJ Brown through 3 years:  43 games, 2,995 yards (16.2 AVG), 24 TDs
DK Metcalf through 3 years: 49 games, 3,170 yards (14.7 AVG). 29 TDs

Tee Higgins through 3 years: 46 games, 3,028 yards (14.1 AVG), 19 TDs

Brown got $25m/yr, Metcalf got $24m/yr just last offseason. The cap rose $16.6m since then.

If you believe Tee Higgins is a #1 WR caliber player (and more importantly if Tee Higgins and his agent believe he's a #1 WR caliber player) then right around $25m/yr is what a young very good (but not top tier elite) #1 WR is getting these days. 

The contract numbers keep going up. The WR market has absolutely exploded into insanity since the Jags gave Christian Kirk $18m/yr last year. He was made the 8th highest paid WR at the time, and now just one season later he's about to be in the 18th-20th range.
Oops

I thought AJ Brown was 20 per and Hill 25 per
-Housh
Reply/Quote