Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilson signs 4 year extension
(08-05-2023, 06:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Opinion my friend. When I have sourced info I’ll let you know.

Like that Burrow injury info you offered to PM me if you couldn’t post it? Yeah, that was complete BS.

Quote:But those alerts must be driving you crazy today you are responding to my posts quicker than a rat up a drain pipe. 6 in 24 hours

So I’ve responded to less than half your posts and you’ve cried enough to winner an Oscar because I quoted you on a message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 08:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just watched Wilson's highlight video, he has come up big in quite a few games. I had forgot he punched the ball out of Huntley's hands at the goal line and Hubbard was off to the races last season.

And the pass interference penalty during the Super Bowl was pretty poor in my opinion and probably changed the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
Great news! Our defense is solidified for the forseable future with our top 2 LBs, a lot of young depth in the secondary, and our ends locked up for a few years.
Hopefully they can lock up Reader for a couple more years next year.
Hopefully Lou continues to get overlooked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like that Burrow injury info you offered to PM me if you couldn’t post it? Yeah, that was complete BS.

So I’ve responded to less than half your posts and you’ve cried enough to winner an Oscar because I quoted you on a message board.

I do respond to your quotes to me. Your posts to the masses uh no.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 08:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just watched Wilson's highlight video, he has come up big in quite a few games. I had forgot he punched the ball out of Huntley's hands at the goal line and Hubbard was off to the races last season.

Oh yeah, that was a team effort from Germaine holding him up and Logan knocking it out to Sam. One of the clutch plays in our history.

Hope we see that Lombardi here soon so it can go in the archives of all our great plays leading up to SB wins.

(08-05-2023, 10:29 PM)Housh Wrote: May have seen the video you saw. Was just ok YouTube watching his shit and it’s amazing how great a fundamental tackler he is. He also has ELITE pass coverage instincts. I actually think he’s get more picks if Lou allowed him to do his own thing more.

Logan Wilson still hasn't hit his prime which is why this is so great of an extension. We used to get players past their prime when we 
got good players. We just made sure that we are keeping guys here so that they will reach their prime with us and not some other 
team. Logan Wilson has fantastic fundamentals and instincts you cannot teach and has yet to reach his ceiling, barely scratching the
surface honestly, unlike Pratt who I think just had his best season. We will see on Pratt if he can get better, hope he can.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the pass interference penalty during the Super Bowl was pretty poor in my opinion and probably changed the outcome of the game.

That was a BS call on Logan.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, that was a team effort from Germaine holding him up and Logan knocking it out to Sam. One of the clutch plays in our history...

Wilson gets a lot of the praise for knocking the ball out but if it wasnt for Pratt holding Huntley up, Wilson doesnt make that play.  Also, no one ever mentions Reader on that play when Baltimore has two guys attacking him so they can try to punch it up the middle but Reader held up the Baltimore push long enough for Pratt to stand up Huntley and for Wilson to get the strip.  The whole reason the Bengals were able to make that stop, begins with Reader being in the middle not letting Baltimore get that initial push up the middle when Linderbaum and Zeitler are double teaming him.

https://youtu.be/UQ_JdIfUSao?t=34
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 02:41 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Wilson gets a lot of the praise for knocking the ball out but if it wasnt for Pratt holding Huntley up, Wilson doesnt make that play.  Also, no one ever mentions Reader on that play when Baltimore has two guys attacking him so they can try to punch it up the middle but Reader held up the Baltimore push long enough for Pratt to stand up Huntley and for Wilson to get the strip.  The whole reason the Bengals were able to make that stop, begins with Reader being in the middle not letting Baltimore get that initial push up the middle when Linderbaum and Zeitler are double teaming him.

https://youtu.be/UQ_JdIfUSao?t=34

True, Reader deserves a ton of credit for that play as well. Need to extend this guy.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 03:21 PM)pally Wrote:

Fact we have players in their prime worrying about other guys contracts is a bit crazy isn’t it?

We’ve never been in this position. This team could be a playoff team for the next 10 years
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 07:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Boyd should be gone.  We cant afford to give Burrow a big contract, Tee a big contract, have Chase coming up to a new contract and pay our #3 WR 11 million per year.  It's just not economically feasible.

I can honestly say that Boyd is expecting more than 11M.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And the pass interference penalty during the Super Bowl was pretty poor in my opinion and probably changed the outcome of the game.

No argument from on that, clearly a bad call. You could have probably made that call all game and they didn't. Then on the most important drive for the Rams, somehow they flag it. Ramsey was pretty much undressing Chase all game and no call...
Anyway, on to this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 03:21 PM)pally Wrote:

We need another argument about Zac's culture. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best thing about this is that there's nothing he hasn't seen before. You can't be any more experienced after three years than he is. He's also an extension of Lou on the field- which we partly lost when Bates signed with Atlanta. So even if Lou lands the gig that he so richly deserves, Logan (and Pratt) will ensure continuity moving forward.

And aside from those intangibles, he's a great player. That can't be forgotten. Re-inventing #55 in his own image. Love it.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 07:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: We need another argument about Zac's culture. Ninja

And another....

Seriously, that is some great praise from Logan Wilson about how Zac Taylor does things. Cool

(08-06-2023, 09:25 PM)tms Wrote: Best thing about this is that there's nothing he hasn't seen before. You can't be any more experienced after three years than he is. He's also an extension of Lou on the field- which we partly lost when Bates signed with Atlanta. So even if Lou lands the gig that he so richly deserves, Logan (and Pratt) will ensure continuity moving forward.

And aside from those intangibles, he's a great player. That can't be forgotten. Re-inventing #55 in his own image. Love it.

Yeah, Logan and Pratt are like coaches on the field. Same with Hubbard, Reader and others even. Special team we are witnessing 
emerge into a Super Bowl Champion soon. On Offense we have Burrow and Karras and on ST's we have Michael Thomas. If we can
be great in all 3 phases this season we can certainly win it all. We were pretty bad on ST's last year and still made it to the AFCC and
nearly won.
Reply/Quote
Logan certainly had effusive praise for Zac. But he specifically mentioned how much he takes care of them..he was speaking about their bodies. Then Zeus was on with Baldy and Andrew Siciliano of the NFL Network and he mentioned it too.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Well, OTC has the cap #'s out.

For 2023, hardly ant movement, less than +300k to $3,299,198. We have almost $22 mil in cap space based on my best guess top 51 for who makes the team.

Wilson's cap hits going forward: $7.05 in 2025, $8.918 in 2025, $9.55 in 2026, $10.215 in 2026.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, OTC has the cap #'s out.

For 2023, hardly ant movement, less than +300k to $3,299,198. We have almost $22 mil in cap space based on my best guess top 51 for who makes the team.

Wilson's cap hits going forward: $7.05 in 2025, $8.918 in 2025, $9.55 in 2026, $10.215 in 2026.

Pretty reasonable and less than I expected for him. I was thinking it would be more like $11m/yr than $9m/yr. Just really hits home that $23-25m/yr for a #2 WR just really doesn't seem wise. For that same amount you can add a Wilson, Pratt, AND Cappa type trio to make a better complete team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 12:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty reasonable and less than I expected for him. I was thinking it would be more like $11m/yr than $9m/yr. Just really hits home that $23-25m/yr for a #2 WR just really doesn't seem wise. For that same amount you can add a Wilson, Pratt, AND Cappa type trio to make a better complete team.

Is that what you are thinking Tee is looking for?
I am hoping for 4/80 mil
Reply/Quote