Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(04-24-2017, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd tend to agree.

Odd then, that they defend the biggest perpetrators of both in the world.  I forgot Antisemitism as well, can't forget that.

Haha, talking point much?  I've never watched Fox News except when John Stewart or Howard Stern appeared on the channel.

I'd agree.  Seeing as I'm not remotely right wing you'll have to make that point to someone else though.

You disagree with them on something. Well two things if you count guns. Maybe three if you don't think Trump is the next Hitler. Which means you love Trump.  That makes you an extreme right-wing idealogue.  Sorry, bro.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-24-2017, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Haha, talking point much?  I've never watched Fox News except when John Stewart or Howard Stern appeared on the channel.

Just curious, but where did you hear this BS story about "the left supporting Islam".

It is completely false.  their is no evidence to support it, and the only place I have heard talking points like that are on right-wing broadcasts like Fox News.

So where did you come up with that comment?  There has been nothing in the news about democrats converting to Islam.  there has been nothing in the news about Democrats supporting any of the objectionable tenants of Islam.  The entire story was a creation of the right wing media.  So it is amazing to me that you would come up with the same false story all by yourself.
(04-25-2017, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was not asking about the sender.  i was asking your opinion.

Do you think one, both, or neither are true?

And if you are afraid to give your opinion then just say so.  I will understand.

I'm afraid Fred.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-25-2017, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but where did you hear this BS story about "the left supporting Islam".

Outside of Bill Maher I have never seen a left leaning person condemn the tenants of islam and how it is practiced by a large percentage of its adherents.  Watch the YouTube footage of Sam Harris on Politically Incorrect with Ben Affleck.  Affleck looks like he's going to have a rage aneurism when Harris points out how toxic much of the teachings of islam are.  Additionally, watch another episode in which Mos Def displays profound ignorance in response to fellow guests Christopher Hitchens (who I miss on an almost daily basis) and Salman Rushdie, a man who has directly suffered due to islam's teachings.

Quote:It is completely false.  their is no evidence to support it, and the only place I have heard talking points like that are on right-wing broadcasts like Fox News.

I'll try, likely in vain, to lay this out rationally for you.  First of all, radical islamists account for a significant percentage of islam's adherents.  As I stated before, which you conveniently ignored, the Westboro Baptists Church people get significant media coverage.  Yet they represent in infinitesimal fraction of Christians and have never engaged in violence.  Outside of radical, violent islamists, you have a much larger percentage of adherents who actively believe in values completely at odds with western values.

Here's a poll taken by the ultra right wing BBC on muslims in the UK.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/world/europe/poll-british-muslims.html?_r=0

Here's some interesting tidbits.

Quote:Among the poll results were relatively high levels of disapproval for homosexuality, with 52 percent of respondents saying it should be illegal and 47 percent saying gay people should not work as teachers. On the issue of women’s rights, 39 percent agreed with the statement “wives should always obey their husbands.”

About one-third of respondents said they would tell the police if they knew someone who was getting involved with supporting terrorism in Syria. The same proportion refused to condemn people who take part in violence against those who mock the Prophet Muhammad. Almost one quarter said they favored replacing the British legal system with Islamic law.

These responses are from muslims living in a very liberal country.  Logic might suggest that the percentages would be even more disturbing in countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran or Syria. 

Also from the same survey, this time reported from that right wing rag The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Quote:Two-thirds (66%) said they completely condemned people who took part in stoning adulterers

Meaning a full 1/3 of muslims in the UK (via the poll numbers) support stoning an adulteress woman to death!  You don't think this is a problem?  Have you ever heard this addressed by a left leaning celebrity or politician?  Again, I'd point out that this poll was done in the UK, and again point out that only a fool would think the numbers wouldn't be higher in muslim majority countries.

Quote:So where did you come up with that comment?  There has been nothing in the news about democrats converting to Islam.

Derp statement of the day.  Never made that claim.

Quote:there has been nothing in the news about Democrats supporting any of the objectionable tenants of Islam.

Doesn't the left preach that silence in the face of the unspeakable equals tacit consent?  Did I not see all the anti-Trump rallies?  Did I miss the protests against doctors in Michigan engaging in female circumcision?  Did I miss the huge rallies condemning the near constant rain of unspeakable terror going on in Iraq and Syria?  Remember silence in the face of evil is tacit consent.

Quote:The entire story was a creation of the right wing media.  So it is amazing to me that you would come up with the same false story all by yourself.

Yup, I made this up whole cloth.  Like I said, I must have missed all those protests against radical islam, and the horribly standard islamic values of treating women like chattel and condemning homosexuals.  Keep digging that hole Fred.
(04-25-2017, 06:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My polls are completely legit...your data sucks.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-25-2017, 10:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

I'm betting you don't get the irony of your attempted smartassery.   Smirk
(04-25-2017, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm betting you don't get the irony of your attempted smartassery.   Smirk

Hilarious
(04-25-2017, 10:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Excited
(04-25-2017, 05:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You disagree with them on something.  Well two things if you count guns.  Maybe three if you don't think Trump is the next Hitler.  Which means you love Trump.  That makes you an extreme right-wing idealogue.  Sorry, bro.

You could not be more correct.  Both extremes now demand 100% ideological purity.  Toe the party line or pay the consequences!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

I imagine Fred had the same reaction as the Aflleck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsGUYnFAvdY&t=101s

Mos Def doing his GMDabo impression.
(04-25-2017, 11:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

Without clicking on the links are they for "good data" or "suck data"?

Rock On
(04-25-2017, 11:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Without clicking on the links are they for "good data" or "suck data"?

Rock On

I explain why I disagree with certain data.  A shame you don't have the same courage.  

Good job Mos Def.  ThumbsUp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnqFy7jsmhw

Keep obfuscating Mos Def.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEcBzxoMB8

Keep spinning.
(04-26-2017, 12:02 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I explain why I disagree with certain data.  A shame you don't have the same courage.  

Good job Mos Def.  ThumbsUp

Yes.  You based it all on your own personal experience.

Everyone can read your complete rejection of multiple sources based essentially on your guy feelings about the answers given and some personal experience you or someone you know had.  Or you cite a single survey to make wild claims and insist that data is better than anything else because, well, you posted it and it agrees with you.

And while your usual,recent "style" of discussion has been to claim that "you didn't say that" and that anyone who disagrees "doesn't understand" what you said THIS time you are (and I hesitate to say it so as to not cause you to have a bad day) wrong.

I'd post a whole bunch of studies and data but its obvious that it will be rejected...so instead I'll gracefully depart from the discussion with you.  Don't have time for the childishness.

Rock On
(04-25-2017, 11:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

Do you realize that you just posted a clip of a person from the left REJECTING all of the objectionable tenants of Islam.  When Mahr and Harris mention any of the bad tenants of Islam they are rejected.

You are proving my point.  It will be impossible for you to post a clip of anyone from the left supporting the objectionable tenants of Islam. That is just a lie created by the right wing echo chamber.

And again I ask you what the option other than supporting Muslims freedom of religion.  If supporting freedom of religion for Muslims is wrong then what is the right thing to do?  If you criticize then you should provide an answer. How exactly should we be opposing Islam in the United States?  Close down all the mosques?  Make islam illegal?

I don't think Ben was prepared for Maher to be against him.  He just figured he'd call it racist or something, and Maher would back him up.  If he knew Maher would take the other side, then that was as ill-prepared a person I've seen in a while.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-26-2017, 09:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think Ben was prepared for Maher to be against him.  He just figured he'd call it racist or something, and Maher would back him up.  If he knew Maher would take the other side, then that was as ill-prepared a person I've seen in a while.  

I vaguely remember when that happened.  I no more care that Affleck was upset than I believe that one or three or five clips of individuals is better evidence than multiple studies.
(04-26-2017, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: I vaguely remember when that happened.  I no more care that Affleck was upset than I believe that one or three or five clips of individuals is better evidence than multiple studies.

so that Ben Affleck poster on your wall is your daughter's?

(04-26-2017, 09:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: so that Ben Affleck poster on your wall is your daughter's?

I don't think the left necessarily supports radical islam, but the constant deflection definitely doesn't help.