Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Wk 10 GameDay Thread...Texans @ Bengals***
To all the people saying we needed loss, get bent. Dumbest thing I've ever heard
Reply/Quote
So Ray Lewis....Andy hits AJ Green inside the 20 on 4th and 6 with 50 seconds to go....but it's HIS fault we didn't convert? He didn't make plays? FFS you watched the game dumbass!!!!! Where's the AJ criticism? Pppppfffffttttt!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:53 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Green's attempt to recover the fumble was one of the most pathetic efforts I have ever seen.

He was basically pawing at it like a cat and a ball of yarn.

I still wish the dude would come back to the ball, more often than not it looks like he's waiting on it. Lots of pick opportunities, he's better than that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:53 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I blame Marvin, Hue, and the offense as a whole, except for Gio as he was actually trying out there.

Was Hill trying? This joke is getting old.  Ninja His purpose is to keep Gio fresh, we can see that now.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We just held a team to 256 total yards and 10 points; yet, you want to blame the D?

I am not putting it all on them but still how do you not make any game changing plays against two scrub Qbs. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh yeah ..8-1.. Definitely fire the head coach.  Trade Andy away and be like the Reds..

We still control the division.  Would it kill anyone to admit that the Texans D played lights out?  They have a really good defense that just didn't have it together early on.  Our O was lights out early on and has cooled off a bit, but the season is far from over.
Our D wasn't playing great early on either so the offense carried it. Now the D is playing good and the O isn't.  It's just one game and not as if everything has crumbled. We're still in good shape with very few injuries.

Oh wait .. We lost one.  PANIC!
gonna beat the PATS? ....... okay okay let's start with the broncos or better yet let's set our sites on the cards first. one game at a time right? .... what it really is is that it's typical. expecting too much from our bengals, typically doesn't bode well for the fans. it's a common theme.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Steelers looking a little scarier at 6-4 now

A lot scarier. We needed to win the gimmes to ensure we won the division. The Steelers have had bad luck so far. That will change. And by this time next week they'll be 2 back with 6 to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I still wish the dude would come back to the ball, more often than not it looks like he's waiting on it. Lots of pick opportunities, he's better than that.

I agree.....it was especially evident on the play J Jo broke up in the next to last drive.  

Reply/Quote
Who cares what the "doubters" pundits or for that matter what Squeeler fans think, say or do? They don't play for the Cincinnati Bengals.
The Bengals are still a very good team that got shut down by a very good Houston defense. Great pitchers on lousy teams still throw no-hitters against great hitting teams. The teams we play against still play in the NFL and are capable of beating other teams. One loss isn't the end of the season, but if you feel like it is there's only one thing to do. Stop watching football and tune into the shopping channel instead. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: Carson isn't playing against our D so he better bring his A game.  Our D played great except for the lone Yates toss to Hopkins.  Cardinals D might shut down the O, but our D is balling.

Ehh, we shall see what happens, but Carson just went into Seattle and won in primetime by hanging 39 on the Seahawks and we just scored 6 points at home.  Just saying.  Now is not the best time to be completely smug.
Reply/Quote
QVC has some good deals if you ever watch it lol
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: Who cares what the "doubters" pundits or for that matter what Squeeler fans think, say or do?   They don't play for the Cincinnati Bengals.
The Bengals are still a very good team that got shut down by a very good Houston defense. Great pitchers on lousy teams still throw no-hitters against great hitting teams.  The teams we play against still play in the NFL and are capable of beating other teams. One loss isn't the end of the season, but if you feel like it is there's only one thing to do.  Stop watching football and tune into the shopping channel instead. LOL

It's not the loss.....it's how they lost. Reminiscent of Bengals past. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I still wish the dude would come back to the ball, more often than not it looks like he's waiting on it. Lots of pick opportunities, he's better than that.

If the Bengals.com message boards existed, I would point to my long history of saying AJ is extremely talented and a good WR, but nowhere near elite for that exact reason. Doesn't come back, doesn't fight for contested balls, and doesn't make good effort after a fumble or INT. Always been my stance. If he fought for the ball more, I wouldn't even mind his occasional drop of a super easy pass.

He could be one of the greatest of all time if he only had more fire and desire to go after the ball. Until then he'll just stay as a very good WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: Who cares what the "doubters" pundits or for that matter what Squeeler fans think, say or do?   They don't play for the Cincinnati Bengals.
The Bengals are still a very good team that got shut down by a very good Houston defense. Great pitchers on lousy teams still throw no-hitters against great hitting teams.  The teams we play against still play in the NFL and are capable of beating other teams. One loss isn't the end of the season, but if you feel like it is there's only one thing to do.  Stop watching football and tune into the shopping channel instead. LOL

baseball and football compare really well..........there is only one thing to do and this performace is proof it's next to impossible. beat tom brady and bill bellichick.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: The Bengals are still a very good team that got shut down by a very good Houston defense.

Coming into the game their defense was ranked 17th in yardage and 23rd in scoring. That's decidedly on the wrong side of mediocre.

Lets not pretend that they are the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh yeah ..8-1.. Definitely fire the head coach.  Trade Andy away and be like the Reds..

We still control the division.  Would it kill anyone to admit that the Texans D played lights out?  They have a really good defense that just didn't have it together early on.  Our O was lights out early on and has cooled off a bit, but the season is far from over.
Our D wasn't playing great early on either so the offense carried it. Now the D is playing good and the O isn't.  It's just one game and not as if everything has crumbled. We're still in good shape with very few injuries.

Oh wait .. We lost one.  PANIC!

If we lost due to an excellent Texans defense I could live with that.  That's not what happened though.  

All the dropped passes, numerous poor throws down the field way off target, stupid penalties every freaking drive.  Horrible play calling all game long on offense.  The problem is this loss was a typical Marvin Lewis coached prime time meltdown.  It doesn't matter who the players are its always the same results.  

Look at good coached teams.  The players are always changing in NE and this stuff does not happen under Belichek.  Poor discipline.  Poor coached.  
Reply/Quote
Offense got handed a loss by a good defense fighting for 1st place. I'm not convinced that this team is dead by any stretch and in fact I think that they're going to play much better as the season goes on. Sure there's plenty that could've gone better and passes that could've been caught, but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Houston played a great game. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.
I don't have a crystal ball to see into the future, but I do know that we beat Pittsburgh and everyone else up until tonight. I have no reason to believe that this team is going to get any worse going forward. I'm looking forward to the game against Arizona and believe we'll win and I also have no reason to believe that we can't beat Pittsburgh again and no reason to believe that we cannot beat the Pats.
Call it homerism or whatever you want to call it, but I believe that this team is much better than they were in this game.
On to Arizona and 9-1.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But if they have the same number of common opponents, and they win them all, it's a wash and goes to the next tie-breaker.

But if they don't win them all, they lose the tie breaker.  Which is why this was an important one to win and we blew it.  If we tie NE in the end, we could very well regret tonight losing the #1 seed.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:17 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: If we lost due to an excellent Texans defense I could live with that.  That's not what happened though.  

All the dropped passes, numerous poor throws down the field way off target, stupid penalties every freaking drive.  Horrible play calling all game long on offense.  The problem is this loss was a typical Marvin Lewis coached prime time meltdown.  It doesn't matter who the players are its always the same results.  

Look at good coached teams.  The players are always changing in NE and this stuff does not happen under Belichek.  Poor discipline.  Poor coached.  

Some of those deep balls along the sidelines were obvious throw aways.....the DB was using the sideline as a defender.  He did miss a couple more though....and of course the INT was an overthrow.  I agree with you pretty much though.....

Reply/Quote
This team has a pattern of coming off any bye weeks or longer weeks flat.
I can't explain it - but I really do worry more now about having a playoff round bye week. It seems ridiculous - but it's real.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote