Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wk 11 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Cardinals
(11-23-2015, 01:58 AM)matmaven Wrote: My prediction for Marvin's response to any question about the 3rd and 2 call.

"<Smile> <Giggle> Well we thought we could make a play and we didn't and we just have to work at it <Smile> <Giggle>".

There will be no accountability that that was horrible coaching for an NFL coaching staff.

Who in our reporting staff will ask the question? They're all buddy buddy with giggles. Ask the tough questions, ask why they think they're qualified to be head coach when they do stuff like that. lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's like jekyll and Hyde with this team. Offense shows up, next possession defense ***** things up.
Reply/Quote
at least 5 plays of no calls that would've gone against the cardinals. bengals did some stupid shit, but this officiating was complete garbage.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How we loss? You mean like playing like crap only to come back and tie the game up? Or are you only going to focus on couple of really stupid plays?

LOL...a couple of REALLY stupid plays are the difference between the elite teams and the OK teams.  A couple of really stupid plays have cost teams Super Bowl Championships.  A couple of really stupid plays are the difference between 9-1 with a 3 game lead over Pitt and momentum, and an 8-2 record with a two game lead over Pitt with two losses in a row.  You damn right I'm going to focus on a couple of really stupid plays.  If you want to settle for continual mediocrity then you can accept those couple of really stupid plays with a grin just like Marvin will.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe Andy didn't hand it off ahhhh so mad but oh well good ass game we got beat well move on
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:00 AM)WildCat Wrote: at least 5 plays of no calls that would've gone against the cardinals. bengals did some stupid shit, but this officiating was complete garbage.
I agree, the officiating sucked.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:59 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Who in our reporting staff will ask the question? They're all buddy buddy with giggles. Ask the tough questions, ask why they think they're qualified to be head coach when they do stuff like that. lol

Yeah the press conferences are a joke with Lap generally asking Marv how he got to be so awesome 5 different times.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 09:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Alright how scared are you guys that the Bengals are gonna bring another primetime disappointment?

I, for one, am terrified that they lost on a last second field goal at Arizona. Mellow

Terrified

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All I can say is "At least I'm a Panthers fan too." bengals always have been and always will be #1, but it's always good to have a second favorite winning like the Panthers are.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah the press conferences are a joke with Lap generally asking Marv how he got to be so awesome 5 different times.

I agree, lap tries too hard to be friends. Do your job, Christ, this message board has all the tough questions. We should be allowed to have fan participation, we get to ask 3 questions a game as a group via a poll, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I, for one, am terrified that they lost on a last second field goal at Arizona. Mellow

Terrified

LOL....some people will always look for the sunshine.  Doesn't matter if it's in the middle of a hurricane.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:57 AM)cinci4life Wrote: That last penalty call is such a joke. How any ref can make that kind of call in that situation is beyond me. Should be in OT right now.

They could have still hit a 45 yarder.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nice Pete Carroll move on 3rd and 2.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How we loss? You mean like playing like crap only to come back and tie the game up? Or are you only going to focus on couple of really stupid plays?

I don't really take too much solace--none actually--that they had a chance to get in the endzone at the end and they ended up losing again. 

Close or not, regardless of who they played, too many mistakes and dumb penalties in a game that should have ended with a W.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meh, it was a close game, it was against an NFC team, and a good one at that. Meh we win the division and start worrying about the playoffs. Other than the Carson vs. Marvin and Mike narrative this was a game we could afford to lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:57 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: They'll never admit it, and Marvin will go into Brown's office and get on his knees, and Marvin will remain on and on.  He will end up being the coach that should have done a hell of a-lot more with the talent he had, but didn't

Palmer is saying, "See Mike Brown, I was right about Marvin!"
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:58 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I hope you are right, but I don't see them learning from this as they don't really seem to learn from their mistakes as we seem to see the same ones over and over.

Yep. The 'almosts' are way old by now.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:05 AM)MrRager Wrote: They could have still hit a 45 yarder.

Except that with the clock running there would be a 10 second run off which ends the 4th. Marvin Lewis just said that Peko said he was alerting the rest of the D for a run play and that was it. Nothing to throw off the offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:04 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree, lap tries too hard to be friends. Do your job, Christ, this message board has all the tough questions. We should be allowed to have fan participation, we get to ask 3 questions a game as a group via a poll, lol.

If Lap asks enough tough questions, he'll be replaced. Brad got canned from the radio job just for asking about the length of Marvin's extension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, it was a close game, it was against an NFC team, and a good one at that.  Meh we win the division and start worrying about the playoffs.  Other than the Carson vs. Marvin and Mike narrative this was a game we could afford to lose.

There is no such thing as a "game we could afford to lose". The really good teams treat EVERY game as if their existence depends on winning it. That is why they don't let down and make stupid mistakes at critical junctures.
Reply/Quote