Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Wk 8 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(11-01-2015, 06:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Correct, and thus by rule the clock shouldn't have stopped as he was moving back toward the LOS.
If that's the rule, than that should have been the case. I didn't know that was a rule.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The game was not on in my area.  Does anyone have a video of the play where Bell got hurt?  Some Steelers fans were claiming Burfict was celebrating Bell's injury.  I don't believe it.

It's bullshit Bonnie.....he jumped up and got away from Bell as quickly as possible.  He made a tackle from the side of Bell....and as they were going down , Burfict's body rolled up on Bell's knee.  It was an unfortunate accident......for them.  Tey made up for it by diving at Burfict's knee the rest of the game , so don't feel too sorry for them.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:01 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If that's the rule, than that should have been the case. I didn't know that was a rule.

Yes....considered in the forward progress department.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:56 PM)WildCat Wrote: new franchise record. 7-0. glenn died and then the steelers died.

He's UNDER THE DUMPSTER!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The game was not on in my area.  Does anyone have a video of the play where Bell got hurt?  Some Steelers fans were claiming Burfict was celebrating Bell's injury.  I don't believe it.

Burfict jumped up and ran off screen, I didn't see anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's bullshit Bonnie.....he jumped up and got away from Bell as quickly as possible.  He made a tackle from the side of Bell....and as they were going down , Burfict's body rolled up on Bell's knee.  It was an unfortunate accident......for them.  Tey made up for it by diving at Burfict's knee the rest of the game , so don't feel too sorry for them.

Exactly. And did you see one of the Steelers players taunting the Bengals sideline when Marvin Jones was down for a while. I mean Marvin had been down for a while before he started talking shit.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's bullshit Bonnie.....he jumped up and got away from Bell as quickly as possible.  He made a tackle from the side of Bell....and as they were going down , Burfict's body rolled up on Bell's knee.  It was an unfortunate accident......for them.  Tey made up for it by diving at Burfict's knee the rest of the game , so don't feel too sorry for them.

Exactly,

There was no intent, at all !
Reply/Quote
That was an ugly win, but a great one. I didn't think we would come back, but they did it again. Once again, I think they are showing this team is something and that this might be the year!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:09 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's UNDER THE DUMPSTER!!!

He's dead man...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:09 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes....considered in the forward progress department.

Bryant wasn't wrapped up and pushed backwards; he ran backwards. If he was awarded forward progress, then it would have been a 5 yard gain and stopped inbounds with the clock winding. He ran out of bounds and lost 3 yards in the process.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey everyone .

Its our division.
Reply/Quote
Good win for the good guys!
Reply/Quote
Ugh! Those horrible uniforms!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:31 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: He's dead man...

He crawled under the dumpster or fell in a sewer or something.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 06:56 PM)WildCat Wrote: new franchise record. 7-0. glenn died and then the steelers died.

(11-01-2015, 07:09 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's UNDER THE DUMPSTER!!!

Yeah, I don't think he is dead either.  He is under the dumpster or was able to crawl out underneath them as they were feeding on Nick.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Bryant wasn't wrapped up and pushed backwards; he ran backwards. If he was awarded forward progress, then it would have been a 5 yard gain and stopped inbounds with the clock winding. He ran out of bounds and lost 3 yards in the process.

Wasn't wrapped up, what?  He was contacted immediately upon receiving the ball and that took him backwards. As he was going to the ground the ball hit the ground and came out which is why initially is was ruled incomplete.  

For whatever reason, without an official review, they reversed the call.  The only way that is ruled a catch his if they call the play dead due to forward progress.  That would make the part were he lost the ball irrelevant.  However, forward progress would mean the clock does not stop.  Officiating blew that call every possible way in favor of your Steelers.  

They ignored the fact that the receiver didn't maintain possession going to the ground and they ignored the fact that it was initially called incomplete.  To compound, they ignored that the clock should have been running.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 05:18 PM)Rattler Wrote: A preview of what we'll see in January - this team has no shot in hell in Foxboro, but has to
win at least one before that loss happens.  Not sure if we don't implode like today again.

Effin' demoralizing.

Umm, what? I love the Pats and, if our D coordinator would get it together, we'd get to Brady.

I'm more concerned about the Denver game (to which I will be going, depending on a if they're playing the starters) than playing NE...I feel like we play them pretty well.

The TERRIBLE officiating had a lot to do with the struggle today, no doubt about that. It got under our guys' skin, they got extremely po'd and then the frustration hits... 

Those asshole announcers didn't help things, either.

Wish I was I Cincy right now!! The Jungle will be on fire this Thursday night!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:41 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He crawled under the dumpster or fell in a sewer or something.  

Glenn!!!  :heart:

I read online, from a very reliable source, that he is under the Nick and that's who's blood we see. But then Glenn manages to get under that (weirdly raised) dumpster. Saves his own ass once again!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 09:10 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Wasn't wrapped up, what?  He was contacted immediately upon receiving the ball and that took him backwards. As he was going to the ground the ball hit the ground and came out which is why initially is was ruled incomplete.  

For whatever reason, without an official review, they reversed the call.  The only way that is ruled a catch his if they call the play dead due to forward progress.  That would make the part were he lost the ball irrelevant.  However, forward progress would mean the clock does not stop.  Officiating blew that call every possible way in favor of your Steelers.  

They ignored the fact that the receiver didn't maintain possession going to the ground and they ignored the fact that it was initially called incomplete.  To compound, they ignored that the clock should have been running.  
They're not going to award forward progress when the ball carrier is running backwards. Maintaining possession to the ground is when a player is making a catch, not 3 steps after the ball was caught
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:11 PM)BengalB Wrote: Umm, what? I love the Pats and, if our D coordinator would get it together, we'd get to Brady.

Wish I was I Cincy right now!! The Jungle will be on fire this Thursday night!! Who Dey

Fly, YOLO
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote