Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
(04-27-2018, 12:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They say fully torn is usually better than partially torn  Nervous

Only when the tear is ligament off the bone.  This tear was in the body of the muscle.  HUGE difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Besides Ogbuehi, who did they draft that was already injured?  Dennard and Jackson were both injured in camp, as I remember.  Price's injury was not football related.  You don't start 55 games in college without being durable.

Wasn't Ross injured?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wasn't Ross injured?

Who?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:58 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Who?

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Besides Ogbuehi, who did they draft that was already injured?  Dennard and Jackson were both injured in camp, as I remember.  Price's injury was not football related.  You don't start 55 games in college without being durable.

Ross was also hurt.
Reply/Quote

'15: Ogbuehi
'17: Ross
'18: Price

That's 3 out of the last 4. You are remembering right that Dennard and Jackson both got hurt after being drafted but before playing.. but those three guys were all hurt prior to drafting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Only when the tear is ligament off the bone.  This tear was in the body of the muscle.  HUGE difference.

Doctors already signed off he'd be ready for TC....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doctors already signed off he'd be ready for TC....

But i really want him to be injured more so all i can do is cry and argue about why we should have drafted Daniels.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I just wish that they would stop picking already hurt players with their first round pick.

Would love for him to show up at camp healthy and ready to go amd prove me wrong, but that makes 3 out of the last 4 years where the 1st round pick was already injured.

Oh for God's sake, for the umpteenth million time, he will be ready day 1 of training camp already...... it's not like he blew out a knee or something.
Reply/Quote
Was driving to town earlier, and the announcers on NFL radio were talking about the Bengals taking Price. They both said they thought Price was the best center in the draft, and only dropped due to the tear. Like it or not, there is so much disagreement about who is best, Price, Ragnow or Daniels, that the truth is they are all right there together. All this hand wringing that we didn't get Ragnow is just stupid.
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember the name of that OT we took in the first round from USC who had already had 2 knee surgeries in college.

That was a long time ago but he turned out pretty well.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wasn't Ross injured?

(04-27-2018, 03:58 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Who?

(04-27-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ross was also hurt.

(04-27-2018, 04:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: '15: Ogbuehi
'17: Ross
'18: Price

That's 3 out of the last 4. You are remembering right that Dennard and Jackson both got hurt after being drafted but before playing.. but those three guys were all hurt prior to drafting.

Honestly, I forgot that Ross was even on the team..   LOL

I guess my mind did a pretty good job of blocking out that bad memory.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Was driving to town earlier, and the announcers on NFL radio were talking about the Bengals taking Price. They both said they thought Price was the best center in the draft, and only dropped due to the tear. Like it or not, there is so much disagreement about who is best, Price, Ragnow or Daniels, that the truth is they are all right there together. All this hand wringing that we didn't get Ragnow is just stupid.

I agree and i might of been the guy pushing for Ragnow more than anyone.

Price is just as good and a better run blocker than Ragnow.

Anyone upset with the Price pick is just not informed or just want to *****. Great pick.

(04-27-2018, 04:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I forgot that Ross was even on the team..   LOL

I guess my mind did a pretty good job of blocking out that bad memory.

You will remember him once he starts burning people come TC.

I expect a big year out of John Ross since he is now healthy and will have the entire Offseason to put in the work.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: But i really want him to be injured more so all i can do is cry and argue about why we should have drafted Daniels.

when it comes to eyes ill take bucks over hawks
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You will remember him once he starts burning people come TC.

I expect a big year out of John Ross since he is now healthy and will have the entire Offseason to put in the work.

All joking aside, I sincerely hope that he and Marvin can get past whatever personality clashes they had last year.  The guy definitely needs to have himself healthy, fit, and ready to prove his worth.  I realize that he's not making huge money, but a top ten selection's salary isn't anything to sneeze at.  To have that money as well as a valuable roster spot tied up and getting nothing for it really bad for the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 05:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All joking aside, I sincerely hope that he and Marvin can get past whatever personality clashes they had last year.  The guy definitely needs to have himself healthy, fit, and ready to prove his worth.  I realize that he's not making huge money, but a top ten selection's salary isn't anything to sneeze at.  To have that money as well as a valuable roster spot tied up and getting nothing for it really bad for the team.

The clash was he was hurt and not having steeler practices.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a great question that i honestly don't care what the answer is, just keep it up whoever you are lol

I wouldn't of made any different moves than bringing in Frank Pollack, letting Lazor do his thing with the Offense,
bringing in Cordy Glenn in a trade (proven LT in the NFL) better than any Draft pick we could of got, bringing in a
great tackling MIKE in Preston Brown, a DT that has been impressive in the NFL at times in Chris Baker and then
drafting the stud Center Billy Price in the first round?

All amazing moves. I am just along for the ride now, i expect them to make the right decisions for once.
I'm pretty sure that since we picked close to 10:30 PM, the old man fell asleep and nobody wanted to wake him.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to love Lazor, he is doing all the right things.

Do we finally have a damn good OC?

I think we have the next HC in waiting... He knows how to talk to people it seems.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: Maybe the Bengals Front Office purposely gave Lapham a pep talk about Ragnow knowing that Price was their guy to mess up Lap's track record of getting the pick right only to have Detroit give Lap an out by picking Ragnow first.

Once Lap made his pick of Ragnow local Sports Radio picked it up as being "the pick" and that news could get around NFL circles.

Bengals may have wanted to temper down Lapham's accuracy by leaking positive Ragnow talk to Lap while wanting Price all along.

Just a thought...

Ha. That crossed my mind. There's no way the Bengals don't know about Lap and his predictions.

(04-27-2018, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: After listening to Lazor and Pollack's conference, it's a pretty good bet Billy was the pick all along. Lazor said, they left their meeting with Price with the feeling, he was their guy!!

They'd say that either way, but for some reason, I believe it.

(04-27-2018, 02:10 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: You know people are funny. A lot of mock drafts had Price going to the Patriots late in the first, and Ragnow going to the Bengals at 46. If the Lions would have taken Price at 20 and the Bengals "jumped" on Ragnow at 21 people would have been crying and moaning we had to settle for a guy we could have had at 46. Heard on 700 WLW this morning that the Bengals had Ragnow and Price in a dead heat on their board with the slightest of edges going to Ragnow.

Troof. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doctors already signed off he'd be ready for TC....

Yeah, and we know those "doctors" are always right.  Here is a statement about Ki- Jana:

"The Bengals could only shake their heads Monday when a magnetic resonance imaging test confirmed star-crossed running back Ki-Jana Carter is lost for at least six to eight weeks with a dislocated right kneecap."

I love Billy Price but the proof is in the pudding. Once bitten, twice shy.
Reply/Quote