Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make this deal?
(03-24-2019, 01:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If Stanley Wilson didn't like hookers and blow? If Tim Krumrie doesn't break his leg? If a bullfrog had wings?...

Definitely not his eighth season.

If Boomer didn't hurt his shoulder.  If Billups wasn't a butter fingers.  If LeBeau had doubled Jerry Rice. If Charles Alexander could get one yard.  If Ronnie Lott didn't steal the ball outa Collinsworth's hands...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: If Boomer didn't hurt his shoulder.  If Billups wasn't a butter fingers.  If LeBeau had doubled Jerry Rice. If Charles Alexander could get one yard.  If Ronnie Lott didn't steal the ball outa Collinsworth's hands...

IF we won that SB in 1988...do you think it changes things in any way for the 90's?

Like maybe we get a better coach than Shula? Maybe Wyche stays? Maybe Boomer never leaves?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we won that SB in 1988...do you think it changes things in any way for the 90's?

Like maybe we get a better coach than Shula? Maybe Wyche stays? Maybe Boomer never leaves?

PB would have died either way.  And Mike was still gonna let Montoya leave and he would have still fired Sam.  So no, probably not. But we would have had a SB win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: If Boomer didn't hurt his shoulder.  If Billups wasn't a butter fingers.  If LeBeau had doubled Jerry Rice. If Charles Alexander could get one yard.  If Ronnie Lott didn't steal the ball outa Collinsworth's hands...

Lol...yep! I was gonna mention the Billups drop, but all of those mentioned....sigh
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 02:03 PM)McC Wrote: PB would have died either way.  And Mike was still gonna let Montoya leave and he would have still fired Sam.  So no, probably not.  But we would have had a SB win.

Probably hiring Bill Walsh would have been the only way to not have the 90's level of terrible...but who knows if that even does it.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 03:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably hiring Bill Walsh would have been the only way to not have the 90's level of terrible...but who knows if that even does it.

Hiring Bill Walsh would have happened in the 70's.  So, Forrest Gregg would not have happened and probably not even Sam Wyche.  And who's to say Walsh would have had the freedom to draft who he drafted in SF.  I'm sure it would have been way better than Tiger Johnson but there's no way of knowing if the Niners dynasty would have happened here.  It's doubtful we'd've had Montana because we already had Kenny, for instance.

Reply/Quote
Yes, i would do this deal in a heartbeat. Haskins would be exciting and AJ hasn't been near elite since '13. He's a great guy and a really good WR but i'd have no problem shipping him off to finish his career elsewhere while getting a potentially exciting, young QB. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 07:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: AJ hasn't been near elite since '13.

In 2015 his 15.1 avg per reception was #1 in the league among players with at least 85 receptions.  He also finished in the top 10 in tds and receiving yards.

That is about as near to elite as you can get.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2015 his 15.1 avg per reception was #1 in the league among players with at least 85 receptions.  He also finished in the top 10 in tds and receiving yards.

That is about as near to elite as you can get.

Uh...no.

14th in receptions
8th in yards
10th in TDs

That's good. "near elite" is as good as "almost" and you know how that saying goes. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ken Broo brought up an interesting scenario. If the Bengals were presented with the chance to do this, would you be for it?

[Image: D2IRBtEXcAAbgZJ.jpg]

absolutely not. AJ is our guy...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:21 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would do the deal, but not to take Haskins. I'd actually trade for the pick, then trade down and pick up extra picks this year and next. I think the return, especially for QB hungry teams trying to come up and get someone like Haskins would be more valuable.

Nobody is coming up for Haskins.  

He's not the kind of QB that teams are going to give up the farm for.  Who do you really need to get in front of to get him?  Giants?  Jags? Broncos?

IF he was "that guy" he would be going number one overall.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nobody is coming up for Haskins.  

He's not the kind of QB that teams are going to give up the farm for.  Who do you really need to get in front of to get him?  Giants?  Jags? Broncos?

It doesn't matter his talent level. All it takes is one paranoid team. The Bears traded up one spot with the 49ers to get Mitch Trubisky, who I would say is probably on the same level as Haskins. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:21 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would do the deal, but not to take Haskins. I'd actually trade for the pick, then trade down and pick up extra picks this year and next. I think the return, especially for QB hungry teams trying to come up and get someone like Haskins would be more valuable.

Agree 100%, either trade back or draft 2 LBers with the two first round picks...........no way Im paying AJ 20 million.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 06:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nobody is coming up for Haskins.  

The one year of starting is the biggest issue, imo.  At least he played in the Big 10, where teams do play defense, unlike like Murray, who also only started for a year, in the Big 12, where defense is, at best, an after thought.

Reply/Quote