Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make this deal?
(03-21-2019, 08:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True. It was awkward to see him in the ugly green uni though. He also spent a year in Arizona. 

Being a Jets QB was his dream job.  He was pretty amazing here his second time around and then left the Bengals the second time for his second dream job.  Incidentally, neither of his dream jobs worked out worth a damn.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:01 PM)McC Wrote: Being a Jets QB was his dream job.  He was pretty amazing here his second time around and then  left the Bengals the second time for his second dream job.  Incidentally, neither of his dream jobs worked out worth a damn.

I remember the Bengals wanted him back badly at the end of his career...and that team had decent offensive talent, but needed a QB badly.

I felt like IF he came back, that team had a shot at the playoffs. I don't know though.

It felt like Jeff Blake could have been a decent starter had they managed him better.
Reply/Quote
Replace green with dalton and you got a deal!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 07:35 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Replace green with dalton and you got a deal!!

The minute Cincinnati does replace Dalton it is guaranteed all of you will be hating on his replacement. Need proof? Look what happened when Marvin was replaced with Taylor. I saw the haters come out again.

I am in the minority but I am not impressed with Haskins and he should had stayed in college. I would never make this trade with the intention of drafting Haskins.

BTW I am surprised Ken Broo actually uttered something about sports instead of bloviating about some drugged out ancient rock star only a small percentage of the population knows or cares about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Ken Broo is a lanky ghoulish ************.
Reply/Quote
Pass. Not a fan of Haskins. AJ should remain a Bengal until retirement. Trading a lot of talent for something that 'might' be good. Has bust written all over it.

Pass.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:30 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: No way, Haskins ain't that good
Gonna be hard to take your posts seriously with this nonsense, no offense. In his one year as a starter, at a major program, he threw for 50 against 8!! He has a very bright future ahead of him. And yes, he is, "that good". His NFL comparison?? Jared Goff....
(03-20-2019, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: I'm astounded at how many people are so determined to get rid of our best player.

Aw, hell with it.  Let's just go full on suck mode and trade everybody and see how the how much people around here love the ten year rebuild.  Get that rookie QB and MAYBE by the time we're ready to compete, his rookie deal will be over and by then, the going rate for QB's will be thirty plus mil a year.

Just remember how much fun last year's  offense was without AJ and then picture him never being here.  Yeah, that'll be a ball.  Haskins with nobody to throw to.  Woo Hoo!

I'd say careful what you wish for but the madness is too full on to even bother.

And AJ'll love it too.  By the time the Jets are any good, he'll be forty.

And btw, does anybody really think the Jets would make that trade?  The best receiver in the game brought in a third and fifth..  And nobody was trying to move up eight spots in the draft.  People pay multiple first rounders for such a move.
I'm intrigued by the concept of drafting Haskins, but I'm also in the camp of "AJ Green, Bengal for life!" You gotta do your best to keep guys like Whit,Geno, and AJ. It's really that simple. They're pillars of the franchise.  And yes, AJ is "that good", as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:24 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Gonna be hard to take your posts seriously with this nonsense, no offense. In his one year as a starter, at a major program, he threw for 50 against 8!! He has a very bright future ahead of him. And yes, he is, "that good". His NFL comparison?? Jared Goff....
I'm intrigued by the concept of drafting Haskins, but I'm also in the camp of "AJ Green, Bengal for life!" You gotta do your best to keep guys like Whit,Geno, and AJ. It's really that simple. They're pillars of the franchise.  And yes, AJ is "that good", as well.

Just poking in to say that if his comparison is Jared Goff, that isn’t exactly singing his praises. Goff is right around where Dalton is. However, Goff has a wonderful coach and an offense full of weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 10:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just poking in to say that if his comparison is Jared Goff, that isn’t exactly singing his praises. Goff is right around where Dalton is. However, Goff has a wonderful coach and an offense full of weapons.
Agree! I was just pointing out the similarities of Goff/Haskins, and last seasons Rams offense/success. Our offense is also full of weapons. Of course, our o -line isn't as good as the Rams, yet!
Reply/Quote
Goff sucks. When we eventually move on from Dalton I sure as hell hope it’s for someone with a higher ceiling than that.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! I was just pointing out the similarities of Goff/Haskins, and last seasons Rams offense/success. Our offense is also full of weapons. Of course, our o -line isn't as good as the Rams, yet!

Our offense definitely has the skill position pieces but like you pointed out, the offensive line is a bit of a hindrance. Also, McVay is kind of that x-factor for the offense. He is a wizard putting it all together.
Reply/Quote
Welp, looks like ol' Ken Broo wasn't way off base after all:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/julio-jones-falcons-nearing-extension

Quote:The Falcons signed Matt Ryan to an extension last offseason, and it’s looking like they’ll be locking up their other franchise player. The Falcons are “closing in on” a contract extension with Julio Jones, according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.

Freeman reports that the deal will pay Jones “$20 million a year over a four- or five-year” pact, with “anywhere from $50 million to $60 million in new guarantees.” Jones’ contract situation has caused a lot of headaches for the team recently, so this would be a huge development. Jones still has two years left on his current contract, but is grossly underpaid. Jones signed a very team-friendly deal a few years back, and decided last year that he wanted to be more fairly compensated.

AJ Green and his agent have used Julio as a base for negotiations in the past, so it's a safe bet that Green's next deal might resemble Julio's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 01:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goff sucks. When we eventually move on from Dalton I sure as hell hope it’s for someone with a higher ceiling than that.

Playing in a Super Bowl, in just your second season, is not consistent with sucking. I can only hope that Andy will suck that much one day. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 09:50 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Playing in a Super Bowl, in just your second season, is not consistent with sucking. I can only hope that Andy will suck that much one day. 

First of all, they shouldn’t even have been there. The Saints should have been. He also played like shit.

And it was his 3rd season.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 02:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Welp, looks like ol' Ken Broo wasn't way off base after all:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/julio-jones-falcons-nearing-extension

AJ Green and his agent have used Julio as a base for negotiations in the past, so it's a safe bet that Green's next deal might resemble Julio's.

Chances are higher we draft a WR high I'd say.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chances are higher we draft a WR high I'd say.

With AJ having one more year on his deal, I wonder if Taylor waits and sees if he can make something out of Ross? Can always go WR next year. I’d be annoyed if we did this draft. Not when we need LB, OL, and TE so much more.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With AJ having one more year on his deal, I wonder if Taylor waits and sees if he can make something out of Ross? Can always go WR next year. I’d be annoyed if we did this draft. Not when we need LB, OL, and TE so much more.

The risk with Ross in my view is this: He SHOULD be our #3 WR, but his production is nowhere near what we need at that level. Then past him, our WR's on the roster outside of Green and Boyd are pretty bad. (People will chime in how Erickson is a good #3, but he's pretty bad at WR and better at kick returner.)

IF we rely on Ross as the #3 without bringing in other options...and he fails, we're in trouble. When Eifert went down, if we had a #3 WR who was viable we might have been ok.

Also without a viable #3, IF we lose Green or Boyd...we're in HUGE trouble.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 10:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The risk with Ross in my view is this: He SHOULD be our #3 WR, but his production is nowhere near what we need at that level. Then past him, our WR's on the roster outside of Green and Boyd are pretty bad. (People will chime in how Erickson is a good #3, but he's pretty bad at WR and better at kick returner.)

IF we rely on Ross as the #3 without bringing in other options...and he fails, we're in trouble. When Eifert went down, if we had a #3 WR who was viable we might have been ok.

Also without a viable #3, IF we lose Green or Boyd...we're in HUGE trouble.

I disagree about Erickson.  He has good short area quickness and excellent hands.  He seems to produce, especially out of the slot, when given the chance.  I think we'll see more out of him this year.

I also believe a severe lack of creativity held out offense back once key guys started dropping like flies.  Lazor just didn't have the ability to overcome.

I agree we need another WR but they can be found in the draft.  Of course, the chances of finding a contributor are better if you don't wait untl the 6th or 7th round.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all, they shouldn’t even have been there. The Saints should have been. He also played like shit.

And it was his 3rd season.

If Stanley Wilson didn't like hookers and blow? If Tim Krumrie doesn't break his leg? If a bullfrog had wings?...

Definitely not his eighth season.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:06 PM)McC Wrote: And then who's gonna catch passes?  A double teamed Tyler Boyd? 

And that trade as laid out seems pretty far removed from reality.  Takes a lot more than that to move 8 spots at the top of the draft.  You're looking at at least two first rounders and then some.

Since this is all fantasy, I say trade John Ross and Cody Core for the first pick in the draft.
Since it's the fantasy hour with your host, Mr Fantasy himself. ..
They missed their shot of trading Ced for the first pick. Now watch Jacksonville trade him for the greatest #1 overall pick of all time .
What? You don't think it'll happen? Oh ye have little faith.  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote