Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"You're The Only One That Mentions 6 SBs....."
(05-10-2016, 04:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You wrote this in another thread. Very telling. 

A light bulb should go off in your head, but I doubt that it does. 

When your ideas 'don't go with the general flow' then maybe it's time to rethink your ideas. 

It's not all the time, I just don't always accept the bullshit stories that make people feel better about themselves to accept,

You also didn't answer my question in my last post that quoted your post.
Reply/Quote
Me to brad IRL:

[Image: stfu-pictures-stfu-pics-amp-reaction-ima...1k84ng.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brad, you are in fact the only one here defending a man attacking a woman, period. Having beer spilled on you is not an excuse to slug a woman.

Maybe you think it is, and that's really pathetic. Notice how no other Bengals fan is defending you or Pacman. No ONE thinks its ok. It's not that they're afraid of saying it. No one else here as as pathetic as you are and defend violence towards women by professional athletes, let alone anyone.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:47 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Have you ever heard the saying 'what's wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it'? Just because blindside hits and using the crown of your helmet was legal doesn't make it right.

It's not wrong to throw a block. It's called playing football.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:32 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's not wrong to throw a block. It's called playing football.

Obviously not. But it's always been dirty and piss poor sportsmanship to blindside someone in the head. Or the knees. Or under the chinstrap. Or leading with the crown of your helmet. Or launching with the head into the head.

But whatever. Rose glasses and all.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 10:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know about the others, but they both make me a raging lunatic.

Yup. Full rage mode right now.

Full.

Mellow

See?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:30 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Neither player was half as dirty as Burfict, who's only real rival for truly dirty is Ndomukang Suh.

Harrison was fined 6 times for $150k, over 5 years when the league decided to make him the poster child for hitting too hard.  Burfict has surpassed that in just 3 years.  And Harrison never did any bushleague dirty play like hitting in the groin or twisting ankles.

Stop it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 05:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brad, you are in fact the only one here defending a man attacking a woman, period. Having beer spilled on you is not an excuse to slug a woman.

Maybe you think it is, and that's really pathetic. Notice how no other Bengals fan is defending you or Pacman. No ONE thinks its ok. It's not that they're afraid of saying it. No one else here as as pathetic as you are and defend violence towards women by professional athletes, let alone anyone.

You may want to have a peek at the Greg Hardy thread over in JN.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: "Actual evidence"?!  The board is no longer in existence.  Pat posted some link that said it proved he was right, but I didn't even bother to look because, if it had proved he was right and didn't defend a woman-beater, he would have posted the actual link to the thread because being called the defender of a woman-beater is a serious thing.

On top of everything, we all remember how it happened, so that's the evidence.
Rolleyes

Why would they need to wait for the video to surface?!  I'm putting this in bold because, if you could offer one logical possibility, it MIGHT lend some credibility to your defense:  WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE HAPPENED THAT CAUSED HER TO SUDDENLY BE UNCONSCIOUS?!  I started an entire thread on the old board and you pulled the same thing Fred did in another thread and just posted something off-the-wall so you wouldn't have to answer.

How could he have possibly challenged the legality of the punishment?  If this were any other team, like, say, the Bengals, would you have given him the same freedom from judgment?

Finally, and I'm also putting this in bold so you can't ignore it (just like you did on the old boards):  you DIDN'T call him for him to be cut after the video was release, you called him a piece of shit, BUT WHY WOULDN'T YOU HAVE CALLED HIM A PIECE OF SHIT BEFORE THE VIDEO WAS RELEASED IF IT WAS JUST ABOUT SUSPENDING HIM?!

Funny how you call me a sack of shit, yet I'm not the one defending a man who just hit a woman while not being provoked.  
Really?!  

Offer any logical explanation of why she would suddenly be unconscious when the elevator doors open that didn't involve him knocking her out, and remember that they were also arguing, so it would have to be able to throw that out as a possibility.  

Common sense?!  You accuse me of not using common sense when you're all the ones trying to say that there could have been some other explanation for her being unconscious?!  

I didn't think Steelers and Ravens fans could possibly be any more delusional.  

You sure are entertaining, I'll give you that.  

But seriously, you should follow Beaker's advice.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where is the Burfict rule/addendum? Yes he's a dirty player, but he's the same kind of dirty you guys love to make idols out of. He's just in the wrong uniform.

Not just dirty, but the lowest kind of dirty with making ILLEGAL plays with the intent to injure.  Show me all the Hines Ward fines for dirty hits.  I'll wait.

The league made the Hines Ward rule - and really crackback blocks had been something they were already looking at - not because the play or Ward is dirty but because of the risk of injury to a defenseless player (not paying attention or otherwise).

Exact same thing they did with hits to defenseless receivers - those hits had been a football play for years and not considered dirty but the NFL wanted to remove as much incidental helmet-to-helmet contact as possible.  There has always been head hunting, which has always been dirty, and hitting high to hit harder that sometimes results in helmet-to-helmet that isn't intentionally dirty.

Again, for anyone not trolling there's a clear difference between a football play the NFL deemed unsafe and a play (like hitting in the groin or twisting ankles) that has been considered dirty pretty much since they started playing football.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Harrison and Ward had rules made because of their dirty play. Hell Shazier just got a rule made stricter because of his dirty play.

It wasn't dirty play when they started playing football. Then they made rules.

Crackback blocks, chop blocks, helmet slaps, horse collar tackles were once legal.  Then they made rules.

Why is that so hard for people like you to grasp?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 06:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop it.

Harrison did.  Does that make Burfict a lot dumber or just truly a dirty player?  Or both?
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 10:03 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Harrison did.  Does that make Burfict a lot dumber or just truly a dirty player?  Or both?

Ankle twisting. Nut slapping. Both, 2 years ago. Seems his dumbness is fading. You'll get to see how far it's faded in the coming years. 

The hit on boner-brain wasn't nearly as intentionally dirty as Pitt fans want to make it. His pushing the Denver player while out of bounds was nothing and could have just as easily gone without a flag since it's done virtually every game. 

He'll get his act straightened out while he's still in his prime and will continue to haunt Steelers fans for years to come.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He'll get his act straightened out while he's still in his prime and will continue to haunt Steelers fans for years to come.

And that my friends, is called a reckoning. Or should I spell it wreckoning?!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ankle twisting. Nut slapping. Both, 2 years ago. Seems his dumbness is fading. You'll get to see how far it's faded in the coming years. 

The hit on boner-brain wasn't nearly as intentionally dirty as Pitt fans want to make it. His pushing the Denver player while out of bounds was nothing and could have just as easily gone without a flag since it's done virtually every game. 

He'll get his act straightened out while he's still in his prime and will continue to haunt Steelers fans for years to come.

I totally get why you want to believe this but I just don't see it.  The most blatant stuff may be in the past (but really isn't) but he doesn't seem like a guy who learns from his mistakes.  He also doesn't seem like a guy far, or even a little, removed from the player who went undrafted because of their propensity to commit a personal foul or five that really costs their team.  I also get why you really want to compare him to Harrison but I just don't see the comparison.  He seems far more likely to haunt your own fan base with another decade or two of "what if" than to haunt the fans of the most successful franchise, by far, in the modern NFL.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: It wasn't dirty play when they started playing football. Then they made rules.

Crackback blocks, chop blocks, helmet slaps, horse collar tackles were once legal.  Then they made rules.

Intentionally trying to hurt people has always been dirty - even if it was legal.

Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ankle twisting. Nut slapping. Both, 2 years ago. Seems his dumbness is fading. You'll get to see how far it's faded in the coming years. 

He was supposed to get himself straightened out after getting benched and called out by his coach in college.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 07:28 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Intentionally trying to hurt people has always been dirty - even if it was legal.

So tackling is dirty?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 07:28 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Intentionally trying to hurt people has always been dirty - even if it was legal.

Intentionality is subjective.  Rule breaking is objective.  Why is that so hard for a person like you to grasp?  

You root for the other team, so of course you attribute the worst possible motives to the Steelers.  That's understandable, but it's still murky.  Rule breaking, on the other hand - there's no debate about that.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not necessarily arguing with you about Ward.  I just think that when you're trying to determine which is dirtier, I think it's an easier case to point to the one who blatantly and consistently breaks the rules the most.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:13 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Intentionality is subjective.  Rule breaking is objective.  Why is that so hard for a person like you to grasp?  

You root for the other team, so of course you attribute the worst possible motives to the Steelers.  That's understandable, but it's still murky.  Rule breaking, on the other hand - there's no debate about that.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not necessarily arguing with you about Ward.  I just think that when you're trying to determine which is dirtier, I think it's an easier case to point to the one who blatantly and consistently breaks the rules the most.  

I never said Ward or even Harrison was dirtier than Burfict. Come on - blind side shots and headhunting hits are one thing; dick punching and ankle twisting are another. The first two can be written off as caught up in the moment - sure it's still dirty but shit happens. The other two were so painfully blatant that it amazes me he wasn't ejected.

I've never been a defender of Burfict's extracurricular activities - I'm simply stating that after years of watching Steelers fans defend the dirty play of some of their star players and now watching them cry about Burfict is laughable.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote