Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"You're The Only One That Mentions 6 SBs....."
(05-11-2016, 07:49 AM)6andcounting Wrote: So tackling is dirty?

According to some who root for the Steelers it is. Especially when it's someone tackling Bell. But headhunting Harrison is just a fiery player - a throwback to when men played the game. FOOBAWL!!!

See the hypocrisy yet?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:51 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: According to some who root for the Steelers it is. Especially when it's someone tackling Bell. But headhunting Harrison is just a fiery player - a throwback to when men played the game. FOOBAWL!!!

See the hypocrisy yet?

Wait...Someone said the tackle on Bell was dirty?  Who?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:33 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wait...Someone said the tackle on Bell was dirty?  Who?

You can google it.  He leveraged his body to twist the knee or something.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You can google it.  He leveraged his body to twist the knee or something.

Are we now expanding our pool of steeler fans to outside this board?  I mean the discussion is between members here.  

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Are we now expanding our pool of steeler fans to outside this board?  I mean the discussion is between members here.  

Are you the only 6 Steelers fans in the world?

If I have to be lumped in with the mouth breathers who flip their shit everytime Dalton throws a pick, you get to be lumped in with Steelers fans who cry foul everytime a freak accident takes out one of the players.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:51 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: According to some who root for the Steelers it is. Especially when it's someone tackling Bell. But headhunting Harrison is just a fiery player - a throwback to when men played the game. FOOBAWL!!!

See the hypocrisy yet?

Aside from the fact that no one believes that, you were the one who said trying to hurt someone is dirty even your are doing nothing more than playing football within the rules. Apparently any defender who doesn't make a tackle with the intent of being gentle and soft is a dirty player under your definition.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:57 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Are you the only 6 Steelers fans in the world?

If I have to be lumped in with the mouth breathers who flip their shit everytime Dalton throws a pick, you get to be lumped in with Steelers fans who cry foul everytime a freak accident takes out one of the players.

Literally WTF are you spazing about?  These mouth breathers you are talking about are actually here and post in the smack forum from time to time.  Also when in this thread were you lumped in with them?  You may have been I just don't remember.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:54 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Are we now expanding our pool of steeler fans to outside this board?  I mean the discussion is between members here.  

Oh. I don't know if anyone here said it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 09:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Aside from the fact that no one believes that, you were the one who said trying to hurt someone is dirty even your are doing nothing more than playing football within the rules. Apparently any defender who doesn't make a tackle with the intent of being gentle and soft is a dirty player under your definition.

Aside from the fact that you don't speak for every Steelers fan in the world and cannot make that statement, trying to hurt someone is dirty. There are plenty of ways to lay the wood without trying to crack someone's ***** skull. See: Reggie Nelson laying out that tight end from Denver last season.

Here, I'll try simple terms.

Headhunting is bad.
Hard tackling is not.

Hope that helps.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 10:02 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Literally WTF are you spazing about?  These mouth breathers you are talking about are actually here and post in the smack forum from time to time.  Also when in this thread were you lumped in with them?  You may have been I just don't remember.

Did I say I was lumped with them here?

I'm speaking more of a historical sense - that being anytime anyone here has said 'Bengals fans are *insert monosyllabic insult*' is making a broad characterization that includes me.

I was more trying to insult other Bengals fans because, for the most part, I can't stand the lot of them.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 10:43 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Did I say I was lumped with them here?

I'm speaking more of a historical sense - that being anytime anyone here has said 'Bengals fans are *insert monosyllabic insult*' is making a broad characterization that includes me.

I was more trying to insult other Bengals fans because, for the most part, I can't stand the lot of them.

Okay....I thought you had no point... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 10:48 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Okay....I thought you had no point... Tongue

Oh of course I have no point. I've been ranting and raving like a lunatic for 4 months to pass the time until football season starts again and I'm running out of crazy fuel.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 11:31 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh of course I have no point. I've been ranting and raving like a lunatic for 4 months to pass the time until football season starts again and I'm running out of crazy fuel.

Tap Brad.  He seems to have an endless supply of it.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 11:51 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Tap Brad.  He seems to have an endless supply of it.   ThumbsUp

I don't need that kind of crazy.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I don't need that kind of crazy.

yeah i dont think anyone does

plus, his kind of crazy isnt something you can switch on and off, its a lifestyle
People suck
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:11 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah i dont think anyone does

plus, his kind of crazy isnt something you can switch on and off, its a lifestyle

I honestly worry he might have been gaslighted into it.

It's scary.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I totally get why you want to believe this but I just don't see it.  The most blatant stuff may be in the past (but really isn't) but he doesn't seem like a guy who learns from his mistakes.  He also doesn't seem like a guy far, or even a little, removed from the player who went undrafted because of their propensity to commit a personal foul or five that really costs their team.  I also get why you really want to compare him to Harrison but I just don't see the comparison.  He seems far more likely to haunt your own fan base with another decade or two of "what if" than to haunt the fans of the most successful franchise, by far, in the modern NFL.

I'm not worried about his play on the field as much as i'm worried about his concussion history and his recent knee surgery. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 07:44 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He was supposed to get himself straightened out after getting benched and called out by his coach in college.

Compare a college kid to a man with a family.

Well done. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

[Image: 13164339_1102714553082346_81982992634135...e=57D9CDD3]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Saw this at the grocery story where I pick up my lunch.
[Image: eFEsredj44IHprvVD7Jk8TqxEQ5cAP4k81mgKR0T...34-h775-no]

I guess that wraps this thread up.   Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote