Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts about game 1 the Chargers.
Game 1. At home. New QB. Defense is overhauled. 2nd year in ZTs system. Healthy AJ Green and
Jonah Williams. Totally different team then the one that took the field in weeks 1 and 17 from last year.

Chargers come into the Jungle. New QB but Tyrod Taylor is the starter.
I see this as a winnable game but also a crucial game at the same time.

Starting off 1-0 trust me is a lot better than 0-1 especially when your trying
To change a culture.
Getting a lead on Tyrod Taylor works in the Bengals favor.
He's not a come from behind QB. He's a game manager

Plus the Chargers have Vigil. I can ZT trying to expose Vigil weakness
Which is covering RBs TEs and tackling in open field
Reply/Quote
I think Chargers have a decent defense and will test Burrow and the OL. I think the Bengals can win.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Chargers have a good defense that will probably challenge the Bengals O-line and Burrow from the start. I'm guessing they will go all out early to see if they can rattle Burrow and exploit the O-line. I don't think it will be a high scoring game. Given no preseason I expect a lot of mistakes on offense. I think it will come down to which team can recover from those mistakes.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I think it will be a sloppy mess by both teams, since it will now essentially be the first preseason game. I expect all September games to be pretty rough and we won’t have a true picture of this team until October.
Reply/Quote
Melvin Ingram* is holding out right now which is huge. That dude destroyed us in the playoff game against them years ago.

I see it as winnable, but it’ll really depend on how quickly Burrow acclimated himself. I expect a bad first half but a clutch finish by Burrow and Boyd to get the job done!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 03:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Melvin Gordon is holding out right now which is huge. That dude destroyed us in the playoff game against them years ago.

I see it as winnable, but it’ll really depend on how quickly Burrow acclimated himself. I expect a bad first half but a clutch finish by Burrow and Boyd to get the job done!

The whole Bengals team crapped the bed during that game.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The whole Bengals team crapped the bed during that game.

Started with the Ingram strip of Gio at the end of the half on their 1yd line. Still believe if Gio makes that TD the Bengals win that game easily.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 03:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Started with the Ingram strip of Gio at the end of the half on their 1yd line. Still believe if Gio makes that TD the Bengals win that game easily.

I just remember being at the game shaking my head the entire time wondering if they were all hungover....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 02:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Game 1. At home. New QB. Defense is overhauled. 2nd year in ZTs system. Healthy AJ Green and
Jonah Williams. Totally different team then the one that took the field in weeks 1 and 17 from last year.

To change a culture.

They have a good Defense from what I have seen. Probably give Burrow some problems just cause he is a rookie. Will take a
bit for him to get used to the speed of the NFL just like all rookies I am sure. Need to try and run the ball on them and take the
pressure off of Burrow than go Play Action.

I think our Defense can handle them with what I am hearing and all the Offseason acquisitions. Stop the run, namely Tyrod 
Taylor when he escapes the pocket and I think we win.
Reply/Quote
If this is a Bengals team that is improved and is taking that next step, then this is a game you really should win.

1.) At home.
2.) West Coast team playing across the country. (Travel works both ways)
3.) 5-11 last season. Dead last in their division.
4.) New QB, in a new offense, as the face of their franchise moves on, in Phillips Rivers.
5.) No Melvin Gordon either. Ekeler takes completely takes over RB1.

There shouldn't be any excuse at to why he can't win this game.

They do have a pretty good D. And their weapons in the pass game are excellent (Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, and Ekeler).

I hope we can put up a good showing. Year 2 of the new regime, getting some key guys back, some new additions, along with the best QB prospect in awhile. We need this one.
Reply/Quote
I'm a little more optimistic. I think it depends on how well the defense plays because I think JoeB and the offense hangs at least 28-34 on them...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 02:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Game 1. At home. New QB. Defense is overhauled. 2nd year in ZTs system. Healthy AJ Green and

To change a culture.

It is a winnable game. I am excited to see this improved D! I expect mistakes from our offense, but I hope we gash them with Mixon and Gio.
Also I think vigil is a Raider.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 04:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It is a winnable game. I am excited to see this improved D! I expect mistakes from our offense, but I hope we gash them with Mixon and Gio.
Also I think vigil is a Raider.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Vigil
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 04:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Also I think vigil is a Raider.

He is a Charger. Signed with them in March.

Edit: Also I hope he continues to build on his 2019 league leading missed tackles in week 1. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
My guess is we see 3 safeties on D quite a bit and quite a bit of 2 TE sets on offense.
Reply/Quote
I think the Chargers will blow out the Bengals in game one. This would be good because the Bengals will shut up and play good the rest of the season. Burrow eating crow will make him a good QB for the future. In other words, they will realize respect is earned on the field and not press conferences.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This one we should win. If we dont we can start putting Zac in the burners.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 04:26 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think the Chargers will blow out the Bengals in game one. This would be good because the Bengals will shut up and play good the rest of the season. Burrow eating crow will make him a good QB for the future. In other words, they will realize respect is earned on the field and not press conferences.

I don't think Burrow has crowed about much.

Like most I think it'll come down to who makes the fewest errors.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 04:26 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think the Chargers will blow out the Bengals in game one. This would be good because the Bengals will shut up and play good the rest of the season. Burrow eating crow will make him a good QB for the future. In other words, they will realize respect is earned on the field and not press conferences.

This is an absurd perspective lol. Getting whipped is never good. We don’t have Baker Mayfield at QB, we don’t need humbling...
Reply/Quote
Neutralize Bosa and this game is winnable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote