Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts about game 1 the Chargers.
(09-03-2020, 07:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How can we lose a home game against a subpar team with the Burrow the Conqueror and a much improved team if we do it will be a disappointment

Idk that it being a home game really even matters with no crowd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I may have mentioned this toward the beginning of this thread, but I feel like the key to this game will be to contain the Chargers rushing attack. Their OL run blocks well, Austin Eckeler is a very dynamic back. Obviously, they have someone behind him in depth, otherwise Melvin Gordon would still be the man.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
newsflash bengals lost. on to week 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:48 AM)WildCat Wrote: newsflash bengals lost. on to week 2.

Lol wut
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:48 AM)WildCat Wrote: newsflash bengals lost. on to week 2.

Okay Nostradumbass.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk that it being a home game really even matters with no crowd.

Yes we do get to pump in noise plus no travel comfortable surroundings.. if I look at mlb home teams are winning more
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 09:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes we do get to pump in noise plus no travel comfortable surroundings.. if I look at mlb home teams are winning more

Travel from the west coast will be a factor, but a lot of these home games won’t matter much, imo.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay Nostradumbass.

Quasimodo predicted all this...

Rep to anyone that knows this reference.

Reply/Quote
This game will depend on the O-line holding up and AJ being good to go.

Taylor is not great but he doesn't suck either. He beat us with the Bills recently.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Quasimodo predicted all this...

Rep to anyone that knows this reference.
The bells!

At least his hump didn't shift like Igors did.

Frau blucher!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 09:19 AM)SladeX Wrote: The bells!

At least his hump didn't shift like Igors did.

Frau blucher!

Nope.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 01:27 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This game will depend on the O-line holding up and AJ being good to go.

This is solid truth. I do not want to see Joe Burrow have to throw over 50 times like Andy Dalton did against Seattle last year in the season opener. If the run game suffers from the get-go the Bengals are in for another long season. At LSU Joe Burrow had the highest ratings and completion percentage in games where he threw between 25 and 35 passes. Let’s not fix what wasn’t broken.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope.

Damn. And I even threw a pop reference back atcha. Hmmm
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is solid truth.  I do not want to see Joe Burrow have to throw over 50 times like Andy Dalton did against Seattle last year in the season opener.  If the run game suffers from the get-go the Bengals are in for another long season.  At LSU Joe Burrow had the highest ratings and completion percentage in games where he threw between 25 and 35 passes.  Let’s not fix what wasn’t broken.

But if you had to trust a guy to throw 50x to win a game.... I would go Burrow > Dalton
Reply/Quote
Bengals shock the world and stomp SD in "Announce my presence with authority!" fashion.

That's what's going to happen. Burrow comes of age after half time and the Bengals D puts the clamps down.

38-17 (or 24, I'm not sure yet)... BENGALS.
Reply/Quote
The Chargers are starting a LT named Sam Tevi. I never heard of him.I had to look.him up.
Everyone is talking about Jonah Williams in.his 1st start
Vs Joey Bosa. Its valid.
Well there is 2 sides of a coin. Sam Tevi has played more games at OG than.LT. There is no reason why Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson
Cant be applying consistant pressure on passing downs.
If Sam Tevi shutsdown Hubbard and Lawson then this pass
Rush has issues.
Tyrod Taylor needs to have a disruptive pocket for 4 quarters
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 05:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Chargers are starting a LT named Sam Tevi. I never heard of him.I had to look.him up.
Everyone is talking about Jonah Williams in.his 1st start
Vs Joey Bosa. Its valid.
Well there is 2 sides of a coin. Sam Tevi has played more games at OG than.LT. There is no reason why Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson
Cant be applying consistant pressure on passing downs.
If Sam Tevi shutsdown Hubbard and Lawson then this pass
Rush has issues.
Tyrod Taylor needs to have a disruptive pocket for 4 quarters

Never heard of Tevi either. Think Hubbard and Lawson should feast on Tyrod, sending him right into Geno and Dunlap's arms.
Reply/Quote