Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-12-2019, 12:31 PM)Synric Wrote: No college program puts out franchise QBs regularly.

They haven't produced one HOF QB. Not even close. I'm pressed to even find a franchise QB TBH.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: You know how many qb needy teams pick before us right?  A lot of wishful thinking around here about Haskins but it ain’t going to happen.

[Image: h1C164FDD]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL.  Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive.  I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up until last year, exactly how many Buckeyes have we drafted? Price was the Nation's best center. We needed a center and we got him.  His rookie season was tough but most rookie centers struggle. An awesome football mind like you, should know that... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely right!  Dwayne Haskins will be long gone before the Bengals pick.  Personally, as an Ohio State alumnus, I believe Dwayne should have stayed in Columbus at least another year.  It bothers me when sophomores -- or even juniors -- declare for the NFL and if I could change the eligibility ruled to "seniors only" I would. 

That’s just silly. That’s why they have a group of people to tell these kids their draft stock.

Pay mahomes
Desean Watson
Baker mayfield
Lamar Jackson

Just to name a few over the last 2 years.

Why should someone who is ready to make the jump and start earning money, play the sport for free? To much risk of injury benefiting the schools. If someone isn’t ready, sure stay back. But if you are a 1st round lock as an eligible sophomore or junior, 99/100 you make the jump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really a fan of Bevelle. He was ran out of Seattle for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:34 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s just silly.  That’s why they have a group of people to tell these kids their draft stock.  

Pay mahomes
Desean Watson
Baker mayfield
Lamar Jackson

Just to name a few over the last 2 years.  

Why should someone who is ready to make the jump and start earning money, play the sport for free?  To much risk of injury benefiting the schools.  If someone isn’t ready, sure stay back.  But if you are a 1st round lock as an eligible sophomore or junior, 99/100 you make the jump.

I expect student-athletes to graduate.  They are students first, athletes second.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: They haven't produced one HOF QB. Not even close.

And when Easton Stick is drafted in 2019...North Dakota State will have produced 2 NFL caliber QBs in a row...should every team target that program for all QBs in the future...no.

HoF and even franchise QBs are hard to find even at the college level.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: They haven't produced one HOF QB. Not even close. I'm pressed to even find a franchise QB TBH.

There are not even 30 modern era NFL qbs in the hall of fame. Most schools haven’t produced a HOF qb. Not a situation unique to OSU. And I’m NOT an osu fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price was impressive, for those who had realistic expectations of a 1st year Center..... most of who don't even play their 1st year. And then given the fact he missed the 1st half of the season with injury, he did just fine.

yeah well James Daniels looked better

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I expect student-athletes to graduate.  They are students first, athletes second.

Only student athletes because they are forced to be. They can go back and get there degree later, which many do. But to pass up 5-10m to risk injury doesn’t make sense to you, your family, and your future. Too much at risk.

Put another way, how long would it take for those kids to make 5-10m with their “degree”?

At $100,000 a year (top 2-3%) it would take 50-100 years in the workforce
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:37 PM)Synric Wrote: And when Easton Stick is drafted in 2019...North Dakota State will have produced 2 NFL caliber QBs in a row...should every team target that program for all QBs in the future...no.

HoF and even franchise QBs are hard to find even at the college level.

(01-12-2019, 12:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: There are not even 30 modern era NFL qbs in the hall of fame.  Most schools haven’t produced a HOF qb.  Not a situation unique to OSU.  And I’m NOT an osu fan.

Point taken. I'm good rolling with what we have for another year under new management and hopefully a much better line.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Point taken. I'm good rolling with what we have for another year under new management and hopefully a much better line.

Me too, I think dalton should get the benefit of a new Coach!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise.  Yep, I just went there.

As can a already proven QB in the NFL like Dalton.. yep I went there
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: When it comes to OSU QB's in the NFL we can kind of speculate.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Not exactly a list of Hall of Famers.

So he gets judged on their merit and not his own?  I don't know about him one way or the other and I don't see the future so I can't make a proclamation on his career before he ever plays a down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price was impressive, for those who had realistic expectations of a 1st year Center..... most of who don't even play their 1st year. And then given the fact he missed the 1st half of the season with injury, he did just fine.

I’m going to disagree here. Price was not good, at all. The majority of the line sucked, so it’s not just him, but Price had his ass whipped quite a few times.

Now, this isn’t to say he WILL suck. I think he can be a fine player and he still has plenty of time. However, to say that he came in and was “impressive” when he was quite possibly one of the worst starting centers in the league isn’t quite accurate.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah well James Daniels looked better

Well gee whiz, one center looked better? And Price was injured prior to the season, missed most of training camp, and was injured early missing the first half of the season. Billy is such a loser he should just go kill himself...... Ninja Ninja Ninja Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Price doing pretty well until he injured his ankle? When he came back he wasn't the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:15 PM)jorev5 Wrote: Wasn't Price doing pretty well until he injured his ankle? When he came back he wasn't the same.

Didn’t really have a chance to tell. He was injured in the second game. He wasn’t horrible against Indy but he wasn’t very good either.
Reply/Quote
Rapoport is also throwing Ben McAdoo's name out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'd take Bevelle over McAdoo. Yea he threw it when he should have ran it but he has playoff and Superbowl experience, and ran the ball well in Minny and Seattle. He wasn't on my radar (wrong ex-Seattle Coordinator if you ask me, but if he knows of Bevelle, he knows of Richard), but he's not a complete flop.

Maybe Zac has his eye on Murray. He'll have to be the next Russell Wilson to make it in the league.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote