Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
Well, i can see my last post was a waste of taking the time to try and have a thoughtful discussion. 

Let me point out one fallacy that you keep repeating that was nowhere in my post. 
"Andy doesn't care about losing just because he isn't bawling in a press conference is just projection."

It's becoming more and more clear (when it should have been a long time ago) that it's impossible to have an adult conversation with you because you continue to act like my avatar and go to great extremes to make your point. 

Since i know more about this subject than you, even though i don't have a degree in psychology (my son does--and i'm sure you'll highlight this part of the post to make some comment about how since my son has a degree, that must mean i think i know something about it), maybe someone like psychdoctor can come in and give you some insight with actual technical terms or case studies of human behavior and socioeconomic status that shows it is possible to have a more or less emotional reaction to something like losing and how it affects what you do going forward. 

That will probably be a waste of time as well since we would probably only get to hear more anecdotal stories about you and your relationships, followed by a nice little, ill informed insult. 

I think i'll just go back to snappy one-liners and memes when posting to you. 

You are, without a doubt, the perfect fan for a Mike Brown run team. 

Dalton doesnt mind losing. He can go about his life and say Meh that's alright and throw up the horned frogs sign the next day and be happy go lucky.. somebody like Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck though will come back as serious as can be with I ain't fn around attitude and shut your ass out 50-0 the next week...Dalton comes back the next week with smiles.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand some people who do nothing but whine about how bad the Bengals are.

But I never understand the people who feel that they have to make it pesonal.

You have no idea how much Dalton hates to lose.  Why do you have to go there?  Why do you have to make Dalton a bad person in your head just because he is struggling at QB? 

To embellish your vicitm status?

To make you feel better about tourself?

Why make up stuff like this?
The Bengals are a bad team now.
I never said he was a bad person. 
Dalton as a person he should be a example for others 
I'm talking about  Dalton as a QB 
After every loss his demeanor is the same. 
He gives the same stock answers.
He never goes off script 
I just don't think losing bothers him.
Reply/Quote
Zac was never ready to even be a head coach. Just one of many horrible decisions made by a horrible owner. Winning starts at the top and the head of our snake is still Brown so they will just keep loosing. Then his daughter will take over and we will still keep loosing.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals are a bad team now.
I never said he was a bad person. 
Dalton as a person he should be a example for others 
I'm talking about  Dalton as a QB 
After every loss his demeanor is the same. 
He gives the same stock answers.
He never goes off script 
I just don't think losing bothers him.

I dont think it bothers him either. Not like belicheck and Brady. Those guys will come back with an I ain't fn around attitude remembering what happened the week before and shut your ass out. Dalton comes out forgetting last week with smiles and rah rah fist pumps with hip hip horrays.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:47 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Dalton doesnt mind losing. He can go about his life and say Meh that's alright and throw up the horned frogs sign the next day and be happy go lucky.. somebody like Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck though will come back as serious as can be with I ain't fn around attitude and shut your ass out 50-0 the next week...Dalton comes back the next week with smiles.

He's already talked about 'no matter how bad it is, i can go home and see the smiles on my kids face and it all melts away' (paraphrased). He's the kind of guy that will get upset during a game, but when it's over, he can just drop it and move on. Combine that with his "let's go out there and have fun!!" pregame speeches and...you get a milquetoast, average QB. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's already talked about 'no matter how bad it is, i can go home and see the smiles on my kids face and it all melts away' (paraphrased). He's the kind of guy that will get upset during a game, but when it's over, he can just drop it and move on. Combine that with his "let's go out there and have fun!!" pregame speeches and...you get a milquetoast, average QB. 

I saw Dalton laughing late in the game when we were down by 14 like the game was a big joke to him. He was happy he had completed like 16 of 21 passes and was feeling good about himself. 

I'm just glad they called back that late garbage time TD so Dalton couldn't pad his stats in garbage time and make it look like he had a good game.

You know how Dalton likes that prevent defense where they give up yards and TD's to burn the clock. That's when Dalton butters his bread. It's go time for Dalton. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Think he'll be ready to address it now?

Dalton overthrows every deep pass (except that last one to Erickson, who he was somehow able to underthrow), panics too quickly in the pocket (pulling down the ball, bouncing into his Olinemen a few times before getting dropped for the sack), basically throws the ball away any time he has to throw on the run or is flushed from the pocket and isn't convincing at all at play action.

The one thing he does have going for him is his ability to throw where the defensive player can often not get the ball (like the back shoulder pass to Boyd on 4th down or the almost touchdown to Tate). Problem is about half the time, that place where the defender can't get the ball is also the place the offensive player can't get the ball either. This one positive trait he has can be taught to his replacement.

There's literally no reason to play Dalton for the remainder of the year, unless Finley gets injured. He isn't the future of the QB position for us and playing him in a lost season only makes it so that we won't know if Finley will be a solid back up for our first round pick in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's already talked about 'no matter how bad it is, i can go home and see the smiles on my kids face and it all melts away' (paraphrased). He's the kind of guy that will get upset during a game, but when it's over, he can just drop it and move on. Combine that with his "let's go out there and have fun!!" pregame speeches and...you get a milquetoast, average QB. 

Okay well that does it for me. That guy is not a competitor. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:59 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I saw Dalton laughing late in the game when we were down by 14 like the game was a big joke to him. He was happy he had completed like 16 of 21 passes and was feeling good about himself. 

I'm just glad they called back that late garbage time TD so Dalton couldn't pad his stats in garbage time and make it look like he had a good game.

You know how Dalton likes that prevent defense where they give up yards and TD's to burn the clock. That's when Dalton butters his bread. It's go time for Dalton. 

"We will look at the film, correct the mistakes and get them next week....er, in 2 weeks."

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 05:59 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I saw Dalton laughing late in the game when we were down by 14 like the game was a big joke to him. He was happy he had completed like 16 of 21 passes and was feeling good about himself. 

Haha I said the same thing. I hope that ain't a TD cause Daltons hoping to look good. Glad it got called back and then Dalton threw up that typical garbage.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Think he'll be ready to address it now?

Dalton overthrows every deep pass (except that last one to Erickson, who he was somehow able to underthrow), panics too quickly in the pocket (pulling down the ball, bouncing into his Olinemen a few times before getting dropped for the sack), basically throws the ball away any time he has to throw on the run or is flushed from the pocket and isn't convincing at all at play action.

The one thing he does have going for him is his ability to throw where the defensive player can often not get the ball (like the back shoulder pass to Boyd on 4th down or the almost touchdown to Tate). Problem is about half the time, that place where the defender can't get the ball is also the place the offensive player can't get the ball either. This one positive trait he has can be taught to his replacement.

There's literally no reason to play Dalton for the remainder of the year, unless Finley gets injured. He isn't the future of the QB position for us and playing him in a lost season only makes it so that we won't know if Finley will be a solid back up for our first round pick in 2020.

Yep but MB thinks we're only a couple bad breaks from being in it.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has enough money for the rest of his life.
Perfect family. He gives back to the community.
He's very content. As a person he's accomplished alot
Outside of football. But like someone said he just doesn't has
Enough competitive fire to be successful at the QB position.
Some times I think the team takes on the personality
of the QB.
If a offensive player on this team doesn't execute right
He never has to worry about Dalton calling him out
Reply/Quote
Let's see what Finley's got. We've got nothing to lose. As cheap as mike brown is there is no way we extend Daltons contract and if he does then that's just stupid. That's like paying top dollar brand new 30k for a car that's 20 years old rusted all to hell and barely runs.
Reply/Quote
Blow 4 Joe
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If we re sign Andy I'm done watching.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let me point out one fallacy that you keep repeating that was nowhere in my post. 
"Andy doesn't care about losing just because he isn't bawling in a press conference is just projection."

Well I would be glad to comment on the evidence you actually have, but since there is none I don't know what to say.

You don't like Dalton, so you say he does not mind losing.  That is all there is too it.  You make up stuff to fit your opinion.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: But like someone said he just doesn't has
Enough competitive fire to be successful at the QB position.

This just is not true.

Joe Montana was as cool as ice.  At Super Bowls he would joke about who was in the crowd at critical times in the game.  But he had as much if not more "competitive fire" as any QB ever.

Squealing and yelling does not win games.  Crying in press conferences doesn't prove anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true.

Joe Montana was as cool as ice.  At Super Bowls he would joke about who was in the crowd at critical times in the game.  But he had as much if not more "competitive fire" as any QB ever.

Squealing and yelling does not win games.  Crying in press conferences doesn't prove anything.
That's awesome. Ive heard the same story countless times.he saw John Candy or Grimace from McDonald's in the stands .
There's a,long list of "cool as ice "QBs.....
Bob Gresie 
Ken Anderson
Roher Staubach
Warren Moon
Etc.etc

The only fire Dalton has is his red hair. 
He has the personality of C3P0 

Comparing Andy to a HOFer is really grasping at straws 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Comparing Andy to a HOFer is really grasping at straws 

I did it to make a point.

Making up stuff in head to insult Dalton is grasping for straws.

Squealing and crying don't win games.  Plenty of very intense competitors who hate to lose don't squeal or cry about it. 

Ever seen Bill Belichick after a loss?  He's not squealing or crying.  He is calm and collected, and he talks about the next game, but when Dalton does the same thing you have to make up stuff in your head about how he does not care about losing.
Reply/Quote
Well then Dalton is just a loser then..he sucks.
Reply/Quote