Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
Why would we want to bench our franchise leader in TDS

#TheArmy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.  I will gladly use whatever term you want,

How about using terms people actually TYPE IN THEIR REPLIES?!

Is that too much to ask?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would we want to bench our franchise leader in TDS

#TheArmy

Dalton has either passed for or ran for every single offensive td the Bengals have scored this year.

Obviously he is what is holding us back.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How about using terms people actually TYPE IN THEIR REPLIES?!

Is that too much to ask?

What terms?  The make believe things you pretend he says?

I don't see where anyone has posted any actions Dalton takes to show he does not care.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've had players who are affected by losing...they demand trades and they leave and we get all butthurt over them quitting on us.  We are message board dummies who see Mike Brown on TV every now and then...imagine how quickly actual NFL players who have actually interacted with the guy get sick of him and want out.

Mike Brown makes playing for a Bengals into a mundane, clock-punching job.  No titles, no ring of honor, no national spotlight, no pride in wearing the jersey of an historic team, and so on.  Our players act in a manner befitting of players clocking into a ho-hum soul-drainer of an organization.  I can't be the only person who has been laughed at for wearing Bengals apparel, think of how players who are living the dream after years of hard work to get to the NFL feel decked out in a uniform that represents failure and nepotism.

We've seen what happens when Bengals players blow their stacks over losing.  They're told to just stay the course and that things aren't changing.  It's like throwing yourself against a brick wall.

Which is exactly why Carson took his ball and went home. So, as Bengals fans, we're ******. /story

That doesn't mean i don't want them to get lucky and put a guy in the game that does have some kind of competitve fire combined with talent that will allow them to start winning. Sure as hell know they can't see that type of player and actively get him...

The point of those last couple sentences is, Dalton is NOT that guy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has either passed for or ran for every single offensive td the Bengals have scored this year.

Obviously he is what is holding us back.

Hey we agree; how rare. The 28th ranked QB in the NFL very well might be holding us back. 

Reply/Quote
Ohio has TERRIBLE COACHING:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no clue if Dalton has changed anything.  

You just make stuff up and pretend it is true.

EVERY SINGLE QB IN THE LEAGUE SAYS "We have to be better.  We have to fix things and move on to next week."  That is exactly the same thing Dalton says.

So far you have made about a dozen posts and you still have not pointed out what Dalton does that proves he does not care about losing.  All you have posted is stuff you make up in your head.

You're clueless and beyond help.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey we agree; how rare. The 28th ranked QB in the NFL very well might be holding us back. 

How is he holding us back?

He is ranked higher than our defense or running game.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ohio has TERRIBLE COACHING:

Au contraire! Ryan Day is 8-0....
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Which is exactly why Carson took his ball and went home. So, as Bengals fans, we're ******. /story

That doesn't mean i don't want them to get lucky and put a guy in the game that does have some kind of competitve fire combined with talent that will allow them to start winning. Sure as hell know they can't see that type of player and actively get him...

The point of those last couple sentences is, Dalton is NOT that guy.

Carson didn't take his ball and go home, he went to a different franchise or two and kept playing football.  I won't begrudge Carson nor Dalton for signing extensions here when they did because I was legit fooled into thinking things had changed BOTH times.  If Dalton takes another deal to stay here, which is his right, it will be clear he's just in it for a paycheck, which is also his right.

Carson and Dalton both have more winning in them than they got here.  Carson had some hope left when he parted ways with the Bengals, Dalton is very likely tapped out though.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What terms?  The make believe things you pretend he says?

I don't see where anyone has posted any actions Dalton takes to show he does not care.

You are clueless and beyond help.

You seriously just completely ****** up and thought i was saying use what players say when i was obviously saying to use terms that posters say and stop making shit up that they don't say, for your argument. That is why...

You.are.clueless.and.beyond.help.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How is he holding us back?

He is ranked higher than our defense or running game.

He's holding us back because he's the 28th (most likely 29th after rookie Daniel Jones' game today) ranked QB in the NFL. It may come as a surprise to some, but the QB is the most important player on the field and when he's terrible it's hard for the rest of the offense to excel. 

I understand you don't want to take down the posters, but it may be time. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because this is what happens every time I stump you.  You just go on and on with personal attacks and refuse to answer the question I asked..

(10-27-2019, 08:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're clueless and beyond help.

Thanks for proving my point.

I'll be glad to continue this discussion when you can provide an example of what Dalton has done (not just pretend stuff you make up) that indicates he does not care about losing.

I have watched lots of NFL QBs give press conferences after losses.  Dalton seems to act like and say the same things that they all do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's holding us back because he's the 28th (most likely 29th after rookie Daniel Jones' game today) ranked QB in the NFL. It may come as a surprise to some, but the QB is the most important player on the field and when he's terrible it's hard for the rest of the offense to excel. 

I understand you don't want to take down the posters, but it may be time. 

So you are saying our run game and defense are ranked 32nd because of Dalton?

Care to explain how? 
Reply/Quote
I think Mike Brown needs to step in and say "Dalton is very much underachieving, bench his ass"
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Carson didn't take his ball and go home, he went to a different franchise or two and kept playing football.  I won't begrudge Carson nor Dalton for signing extensions here when they did because I was legit fooled into thinking things had changed BOTH times.  If Dalton takes another deal to stay here, which is his right, it will be clear he's just in it for a paycheck, which is also his right.

Carson and Dalton both have more winning in them than they got here.  Carson had some hope left when he parted ways with the Bengals, Dalton is very likely tapped out though.

Carson wasn't going to play for the Bengals once he realized Mike Brown had been blowing smoke up his butt. He definitely took his Bengals ball and went home, never to play with the Bengals again. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for proving my point.

I'll be glad to continue this discussion when you can provide an example of what Dalton has done (not just pretend stuff you make up) that indicates he does not care about losing.

I have watched lots of NFL QBs give press conferences after losses.  Dalton seems to act like and say the same things that they all do. 

You are utterly clueless and beyond help. Thanks for proving my point.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying our run game and defense are ranked 32nd because of Dalton?

Care to explain how? 

You are clueless and beyond help.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are saying our run game and defense are ranked 32nd because of Dalton?

Care to explain how? 

Yes and I thought you knew a little more about football than this, but since you asked; I'll educate you:

We are 31st in time of possession. When your offense cannot hold on to the ball you D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards. 

Coming into today our QB was 3rd in the league in INTs and 3rd in the league for fumbles by a QB. When your QB continually turns over the ball your D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards

Coming into today  our QB is averaging 6.7 YPA, when you QB sucks and dinks and dunks the defenses load the box; therefore making it more difficult for your RBs to gain yards.

All the above are specifics and do not take into account the general rule of thumb that when your QB struggles your whole team struggles.

You can continue to roll with the arrangement of the deck chairs were the biggest issue on the Titanic; I'll go with the big hole.

Reply/Quote