Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor prediction
(12-06-2019, 06:40 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I feel like the most obvious thing we need to do is bring in an OC who compliments Zac Taylor and can do what he doesn't. If Taylor is a motivational guy who brings enthusiasm and positive attitude, maybe give him a technical OC like Pat Shurmur (assuming he is fired by the giants) or some college offensive phenom.

The problem is that Taylor is a terrible play-caller. The plays might be ok. We don't really know because he calls about 10 different ones.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 08:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is that Taylor is a terrible play-caller. The plays might be ok. We don't really know because he calls about 10 different ones.

He's not really killing it on the play calling. Really wish he would give that up. Yet on a different perspective, only because I'm really reaching, hopefully it helps escalate the learning process of whatever he has to learn. From what we've read even outside Hobspin is that he is very football intelligent. Let's hope his problem solving skills are great too and he resolves this mess he fell into.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought when Marvin Lewis took over the Bengals were not very good either. He did take them to the playoffs multiple years but could not win a playoff game. Watch Zac win out and lose the high draft pick.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 08:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's not really killing it on the play calling. Really wish he would give that up. Yet on a different perspective, only because I'm really reaching, hopefully it helps escalate the learning process of whatever he has to learn. From what we've read even outside Hobspin is that he is very football intelligent. Let's hope his problem solving skills are great too and he resolves this mess he fell into.

I just don't see who he has here to mentor him. That's an issue.

Who will he learn from?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 05:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh c'mon, quit revising history. How long did we hear complaints about Ketchup man, Brat, Hue, Paulie, etc. Outside of Zimmer, most people never liked Marvins coordinators while they were here

Alexander was here before Marvin and he was stuck with him. Brat sucked at the end but we had a great offense under him for a few years. Jay and Hue were both good OC’s. Big Paulie was the DC for one of the best teams in franchise history in 2015.

Nothing revisionist about it. Marvin knew how to put a staff together. Taylor just hires his friends that he’s failed with other places.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Alexander was here before Marvin and he was stuck with him. Brat sucked at the end but we had a great offense under him for a few years. Jay and Hue were both good OC’s. Big Paulie was the DC for one of the best teams in franchise history in 2015.

Nothing revisionist about it. Marvin knew how to put a staff together. Taylor just hires his friends that he’s failed with other places.

Well said. I suspect Zac Taylor’s coaching tree will be shaped like a wreath.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 08:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's not really killing it on the play calling. Really wish he would give that up. Yet on a different perspective, only because I'm really reaching, hopefully it helps escalate the learning process of whatever he has to learn. From what we've read even outside Hobspin is that he is very football intelligent. Let's hope his problem solving skills are great too and he resolves this mess he fell into.

What does this mean?

Exactly where has Zac shown this football intelligence?

For all we know this is some hot air being blown by people, being related to someone, and the good ol' boy network of scratching someone's back.

All I've ever heard of the few who praise on this board positively about Zac is his motivational skills.

Not a word of how he's called some super spectacular play.  Some innovative use of players.

Even if he is hamstrung by poor positional players you'd think we would've seen a flash of something, anything, special.

So tell me those who make "predictions" or have a nod of confidence...  give me a special play called that screams FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Alexander was here before Marvin and he was stuck with him. Brat sucked at the end but we had a great offense under him for a few years. Jay and Hue were both good OC’s. Big Paulie was the DC for one of the best teams in franchise history in 2015.

And, if you read what I typed, they were all skewered by fans while they were here. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, if you read what I typed, they were all skewered by fans while they were here. 

Fans are dumb. News at 11.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:56 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What does this mean?

Exactly where has Zac shown this football intelligence?

For all we know this is some hot air being blown by people, being related to someone, and the good ol' boy network of scratching someone's back.

All I've ever heard of the few who praise on this board positively about Zac is his motivational skills.

Not a word of how he's called some super spectacular play.  Some innovative use of players.

Even if he is hamstrung by poor positional players you'd think we would've seen a flash of something, anything, special.

So tell me those who make "predictions" or have a nod of confidence...  give me a special play called that screams FOOTBALL INTELLIGENCE !!

The only proof of motivational skills is Zac keeps saying in the press conference that the team hasn't given up on him.

Wow...7+ games into year 1 you have to keep parroting this because you can't win a single game.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 10:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, if you read what I typed, they were all skewered by fans while they were here. 

LOL - So does that make Taylor a great coach...because 1 or 2 fans are parroting it?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor will become one of the winningest Bengals coaches. You heard it here 1st.

A prediction like this is pretty brilliant. If you're wrong, no one will remember. If you're right, this thread will definitely re-appear.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A prediction like this is pretty brilliant. If you're wrong, no one will remember. If you're right, this thread will definitely re-appear.

I suspect Joe Burrow will have to be the next Peyton Manning for it to come true.
Reply/Quote
I have to think Taylor gets all of or atleast most of next season before he has to worry about losing his job. Mike is loyal to the end, even when it is time for a change to be made he is slow to react.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's not MB's loyalty, it's pretty much a given in the NFL that a new HC needs 3 years before he can be properly rated.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not MB's loyalty, it's pretty much a given in the NFL that a new HC needs 3 years before he can be properly rated.

Yeah...ask Steve Wilks...and a bunch of other coaches that got fired after 1 or 2 years.

AND Kingsbury came to the Cardinals and vastly improved their offense? Taylor - We got worse.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we were better off last year at OL than we were this year. It wasnt good but we had more than we did this year for sure. We certainly didnt have Andre Smith and John Jerry starting at LT. Also AJ Green played 9 games and had almost 700 yards receiving last year. I think last season if we had no AJ and no Glenn, Boling, Redmond, etc, we wouldve been a lot worse.

Marvin hired Chuck Bresnahan and the dude from last year. From what I see, even with no LBs Anarumo looks better than either of those guys. Maybe Taylor ends up brining in a great DC soon. Not enough data to compare Marvin and Taylors bodies of work yet. Marv brought in Zimmer and Gruden and my hats off to him for that. But hes made some stupid hires as well obviously.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 12:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I suspect Joe Burrow will have to be the next Peyton Manning for it to come true.

Wasn't Peyton Manning 3-13 as a rookie?  If ZT goes like 5-27 im his first 2 years that could be game over.  
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor stays and we get a new DC
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:21 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Zac Taylor stays and we get a new DC

I'd say we need a new OC more than we need a new DC. Maybe Zac will fire the playcaller. Oh...the playcaller IS Zac...
Reply/Quote