Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac Taylor visits local bar to celebrate with the fans
(01-18-2022, 01:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Him going out and interacting with the fans doesn't mean he thinks he's on top of the world. I wouldn't sweat this as a big uh-oh red flag or assuming it means he has no focus on beating the Titans.

I mentioned in a previous post that 5 minutes at the bar isn’t a big deal if that’s what it was. And I’m not necessarily saying that the guys aren’t focused. All I’m saying is what I would like to see in terms of focus, mindset and demeanor.

Sorry to offend you fine folks. Maybe I’m wired a little differently. Greatness is achieved through focus and determination. That’s what I want out of the players and coaches. Stopping to celebrate or counting your eggs before they hatch can come back to bite you. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t want that to happen. I’m not saying it is necessarily happening. But nevertheless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I mentioned in a previous post that 5 minutes at the bar isn’t a big deal if that’s what it was. And I’m not necessarily saying that the guys aren’t focused. All I’m saying is what I would like to see in terms of focus, mindset and demeanor.

Sorry to offend you fine folks. Maybe I’m wired a little differently. Greatness is achieved through focus and determination. That’s what I want out of the players and coaches. Stopping to celebrate or counting your eggs before they hatch can come back to bite you. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t want that to happen. I’m not saying it is necessarily happening. But nevertheless.

I'm not offended, just having a conversation and admittedly I probably skimmed the thread too much! I agree though, I want the coaches and team focusing on the Super Bowl prize from week-to-week, but I also think they are doing as much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is, honestly, one of the coolest things a head coach has done for the fanbase in my memory.

I just hope he didn't test positive for COVID because of this.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:39 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah that’s cool. Celebrate by all means. My thoughts were directed at the coaches and players. It’s a short week. They shouldn’t be celebrating one win or it will stay at one win. Gotta bring it next week. The titans say they want to run the ball to keep our offense off the field. They threw down the gauntlet. Can our defense stop the run? At times they have but at times they haven’t (Browns game for instance).

If everyone is satisfied with the one win and getting ready to improve the oline and further improving the defense in the offseason that’s cool. Myself I’ve said in the past I think we’ve got a little ways to go yet to go all the way. Would love to see them prove me wrong and it starts with never being satisfied with what you’ve done so far, and constantly learning from mistakes/planning for the future.

I’d like to see at least one more win this year. I kind of see us losing in the AFC championship game but would love to see us win it or go all the way. If there’s a team I wouldn’t want to face it’d be the Rams and that dline. I think we have a better chance against the Packers or Tampa.

To be honest I felt more relieved that they won than feeling celebratory. I’m relieved they didn’t blow it and that with Burrow we’ve turned a new leaf. But they need to at least make the AFC championship game to cement themselves as a potential Super Bowl team this year and next. They won one game. Still plenty left to do.

Am I missing something? Zac did something for the fans. He wasn't there to get drunk. He spent roughly 5 minutes each, in 3 different bars, thanking the fans. If anything, this is Zac putting in extra work to ensure we have a packed stadium for any future playoff games.

This was strictly for the fans, bro. The coaches were back in the office the very next morning...which shows their commitment to winning a championship THIS year. You're perceiving a problem that simply doesn't exist.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Am I missing something? Zac did something for the fans. He wasn't there to get drunk. He spent roughly 5 minutes each, in 3 different bars, thanking the fans. If anything, this is Zac putting in extra work to ensure we have a packed stadium for any future playoff games.

This was strictly for the fans, bro. The coaches were back in the office the very next morning...which shows their commitment to winning a championship THIS year. You're perceiving a problem that simply doesn't exist.

Exactly.  JT could hand some Bengals fan a beer and ask how their day was and then get bashed for it, not focusing enough, when JT put it 14 hours already that day.  JT has had the most successful season for the Bengals in 30 years in his third year and he is trying to create a very special connection with the fans -- -Fans fill the stadium...
Reply/Quote
On GMF C J Uzomah just said Kevin Huber texted him from Mt Whitney and said coach just got Id’d.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 10:45 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: On GMF C J Uzomah just said Kevin Huber texted him from Mt Whitney and said coach just got Id’d.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Uzomah: Bengals coach Zac Taylor got carded delivering game ball at Mt. Lookout Tavern

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/01/20/cj-uzomah-bengals-coach-zac-taylor-got-carded-mt-lookout-tavern-mlt-deliver-game-ball-cincinnati/6590535001/
Reply/Quote
too funny!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:00 PM)M.W. Wrote: Exactly.  JT could hand some Bengals fan a beer and ask how their day was and then get bashed for it, not focusing enough, when JT put it 14 hours already that day.  JT has had the most successful season for the Bengals in 30 years in his third year and he is trying to create a very special connection with the fans -- -Fans fill the stadium...

Ummmm, who is JT?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 11:02 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Uzomah: Bengals coach Zac Taylor got carded delivering game ball at Mt. Lookout Tavern

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/01/20/cj-uzomah-bengals-coach-zac-taylor-got-carded-mt-lookout-tavern-mlt-deliver-game-ball-cincinnati/6590535001/

Hilarious, but not surprising even if he is in the spotlight. Zac looks young and is a year younger than me and I get carded
if I am not known by the people behind the counter.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:12 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, who is JT?

ZT sorry
Reply/Quote