Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac Taylor visits local bar to celebrate with the fans
(01-17-2022, 07:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You genuinely might be. I'm still celebrating that victory. It's the first one in my entire lifetime.

They didn’t celebrate much at all and the media noticed it. No staff after a game on Saturday night goes to work. They all went in early morning. Taylor spent about 5 minutes at Mt Lookout and it’s near his house as he was driving home. This is kinda a big fail here on your part.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Am I the only one that feels like there isn't much to celebrate? There's a game to play this weekend. We won one game. That's great but I'd rather see him prepping for the next opponent.

Yep.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 10:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They didn’t celebrate much at all and the media noticed it. No staff after a game on Saturday night goes to work. They all went in early morning. Taylor spent about 5 minutes at Mt Lookout and it’s near his house as he was driving home. This is kinda a big fail here on your part.

You may have quoted the wrong dude
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Sorry but there IS much to celebrate AND a game next weekend to prep for. Zac can do both. So can the other coaches and the players. Things like giving these playoff game balls out to the community are impactful. The city has been waiting for some return from the team on investment for 31 years - now that there is some to share that joy with the city is both appropriate and builds the ties between the Bengals and the community. 

.....and apparently dude had been thinking of this and waiting to do it since he got in town. Say what you will, but this guy knows how to build a winning locker room, and how to engage the fans. The whole FOnis now doing good things in the PR department thanks to Elizabeth and Zac.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Highly doubtful. Take some time to watch people who know and you will see how they explain concepts and what they're trying to do and how it worked. No coach is going to get it right every time but the design of the offense isn't simplistic or basic. There is a clear and successful method to their madness. 

Including sending in two plays and letting Joe pick his poison. Joe even made a call on kicking a FG based on pre snap read not making their plays favorable matchups. You can't do that what with just any QB. You need a guy with a beautiful mind as Sammie said about Boomer.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:07 PM)M.W. Wrote: Reports are he stopped by 3 bars and spent roughly 5 minutes at each.  So maybe an hour of his day thanking the city at a time that he really didn't know which team they would play.  I would think he deserves a little time to do as he pleases and the fact that he used it that way speaks volumes about his character.

5 minutes isn’t a big deal. From the first post it sounded like he was hanging out.

Sorry not sorry, but I want the team laser focused a la Tom Brady and Belicheck. None of this wussy celebrating being here. I’ve been a fan since 2000 when I got into football. I’ve seen plenty of misery. But you gotta move on folks. On to the next challenge. There’s something to be said about having a growth mindset.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 11:51 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: 5 minutes isn’t a big deal. From the first post it sounded like he was hanging out.

Sorry not sorry, but I want the team laser focused a la Tom Brady and Belicheck. None of this wussy celebrating being here. I’ve been a fan since 2000 when I got into football. I’ve seen plenty of misery. But you gotta move on folks. On to the next challenge. There’s something to be said about having a growth mindset.

I understand your point.

On the other hand, it's a very personable thing to do. Zt gets that fans are people. Recognizing their reason to celebrate is important as it means he understands (at least somewhat) when they're frustrated.

After Giggles dismissing fans and frustrations at every turn, I appreciate the change.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:24 AM)Benton Wrote: I understand your point.

On the other hand, it's a very personable thing to do. Zt gets that fans are people. Recognizing their reason to celebrate is important as it means he understands (at least somewhat) when they're frustrated.

After Giggles dismissing fans and frustrations at every turn, I appreciate the change.

Especially when those fans in Hamilton County have been floating the bill on that stadium for years. Awesome gesture from Zac Taylor.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

No it’s totally cool. I didn’t realize it was just a 5 minute publicity thing. That’s cool. Like I said, the first post made me think he was hanging out drinking with them like an everyday guy. I don’t want anyone drinking at all as it’s not good for your mental clarity. Focus is key.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 07:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You genuinely might be. I'm still celebrating that victory. It's the first one in my entire lifetime.

Mine too. I’m not in awe of it though. It’s one game. Gotta set them goals higher to achieve greatness. Can’t just be happy to be in the race.
Reply/Quote

I take it as the guy probably appreciated that packed stadium and copious crowd noise...so he's showing his appreciation and also encouraging it to continue. He's building something, and he wants/needs the fans to be a part of that.

If people are complaining about this, they're not getting it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I take it as the guy probably appreciated that packed stadium and copious crowd noise...so he's showing his appreciation and also encouraging it to continue. He's building something, and he wants/needs the fans to be a part of that.

If people are complaining about this, they're not getting it.

Exactly. It just shows the lengths some people will go to, to criticize the man.
Reply/Quote
a photo of this visit just won the GMFB Hall of Frame award.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:32 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Mine too. I’m not in awe of it though. It’s one game. Gotta set them goals higher to achieve greatness. Can’t just be happy to be in the race.

On Saturday, we all needed to stop, take a moment, and celebrate being in the race.  Their last playoff win happened was I was 5.  No, it's not the Super Bowl, but one step at a time, and with an absence of playoff wins that many years in a row, it's most certainly something to celebrate.  The Bengals have also really stepped up as an organization in creating better fan engagement.  This is another piece to that puzzle and goes a long way to show the org cares about the people of the city.  I love the move.  

I want the team focused on the next game, and I have zero doubt they have been since Sunday.  But if people wanted to celebrate a milestone on Saturday, let 'em.  Unless they come out flat this weekend from carrying the party into the week (doesn't seem the players or staff will, because they don't have the same stock in that win that the city had), I'm not sure I understand the worry. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:21 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: On Saturday, we all needed to stop, take a moment, and celebrate being in the race.  Their last playoff win happened was I was 5.  No, it's not the Super Bowl, but one step at a time, and with an absence of playoff wins that many years in a row, it's most certainly something to celebrate.  The Bengals have also really stepped up as an organization in creating better fan engagement.  This is another piece to that puzzle and goes a long way to show the org cares about the people of the city.  I love the move.  

I want the team focused on the next game, and I have zero doubt they have been since Sunday.  But if people wanted to celebrate a milestone on Saturday, let 'em.  Unless they come out flat this weekend from carrying the party into the week (doesn't seem the players or staff will, because they don't have the same stock in that win that the city had), I'm not sure I understand the worry. 

Yeah that’s cool. Celebrate by all means. My thoughts were directed at the coaches and players. It’s a short week. They shouldn’t be celebrating one win or it will stay at one win. Gotta bring it next week. The titans say they want to run the ball to keep our offense off the field. They threw down the gauntlet. Can our defense stop the run? At times they have but at times they haven’t (Browns game for instance).

If everyone is satisfied with the one win and getting ready to improve the oline and further improving the defense in the offseason that’s cool. Myself I’ve said in the past I think we’ve got a little ways to go yet to go all the way. Would love to see them prove me wrong and it starts with never being satisfied with what you’ve done so far, and constantly learning from mistakes/planning for the future.

I’d like to see at least one more win this year. I kind of see us losing in the AFC championship game but would love to see us win it or go all the way. If there’s a team I wouldn’t want to face it’d be the Rams and that dline. I think we have a better chance against the Packers or Tampa.

To be honest I felt more relieved that they won than feeling celebratory. I’m relieved they didn’t blow it and that with Burrow we’ve turned a new leaf. But they need to at least make the AFC championship game to cement themselves as a potential Super Bowl team this year and next. They won one game. Still plenty left to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:39 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah that’s cool. Celebrate by all means. My thoughts were directed at the coaches and players. It’s a short week. They shouldn’t be celebrating one win or it will stay at one win. Gotta bring it next week. The titans say they want to run the ball to keep our offense off the field. They threw down the gauntlet. Can our defense stop the run? At times they have but at times they haven’t (Browns game for instance).

If everyone is satisfied with the one win and getting ready to improve the oline and further improving the defense in the offseason that’s cool. Myself I’ve said in the past I think we’ve got a little ways to go yet to go all the way. Would love to see them prove me wrong and it starts with never being satisfied with what you’ve done so far, and constantly learning from mistakes/planning for the future.

I’d like to see at least one more win this year. I kind of see us losing in the AFC championship game but would love to see us win it or go all the way. If there’s a team I wouldn’t want to face it’d be the Rams and that dline. I think we have a better chance against the Packers or Tampa.

To be honest I felt more relieved that they won than feeling celebratory. I’m relieved they didn’t blow it and that with Burrow we’ve turned a new leaf. But they need to at least make the AFC championship game to cement themselves as a potential Super Bowl team this year and next. They won one game. Still plenty left to do.

I get it.  Really I do.  This team still has a lot to prove and a lot to accomplish.  I just don't think based on what I saw/heard from players and coaches that they were going overboard and making this their SB.  I think a few minutes of thought and dedication to the fans is awesome and then they were back at it prepping for the next game.  If anything, getting that win, feeling the energy in the locker room and from the stadium had to be added motivation to keep it going and bringing it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:39 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah that’s cool. Celebrate by all means. My thoughts were directed at the coaches and players. It’s a short week. They shouldn’t be celebrating one win or it will stay at one win.

I don't understand this perspective. It's not like Zac went out on a week-long bender acting as if he won the Super Bowl. Would you object if he did something more lowkey like go out to dinner with his wife and kids to celebrate winning his first playoff game? Pragmatically, Zac, or any coach or player, has to focus on more than just football during the week and this includes sleeping, eating, enjoying free time, and other things that make up living life. I see no harm in Zac spending a few hours enjoying the moment before heading into prep mode. Hell, it might even benefit him and the team that he took a mental break to enjoy the moment. There is such a thing as working too much to the extent he becomes ineffective.
Reply/Quote
I guess what I’m getting at is we should expect a lot more than one playoff win with the talent we have on the roster (especially at the skill positions/QB). We need to make the most of it while those players are here.

I get that it’s human nature to want to celebrate and to feel on top of the world—but we aren’t. We only won 1 game so far. There are 7 other teams right there with us. I don’t want to see anyone on the team celebrating for longer than one day after this first win. If it were me I’d be prepping for the next opponent as soon as possible. Watch the games to see who we’ll be playing and prepare that way, as well as reviewing the tape and seeing how we could have done better—then dive into the next opponent on Monday.

The perennial playoff performers aren’t celebrating a wildcard win. If that’s what we want to be we shouldn’t be either.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:54 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I guess what I’m getting at is we should expect a lot more than one playoff win with the talent we have on the roster (especially at the skill positions/QB). We need to make the most of it while those players are here.

I get that it’s human nature to want to celebrate and to feel on top of the world—but we aren’t. We only won 1 game so far. There are 7 other teams right there with us. I don’t want to see anyone on the team celebrating for longer than one day after this first win. If it were me I’d be prepping for the next opponent as soon as possible. Watch the games to see who we’ll be playing and prepare that way, as well as reviewing the tape and seeing how we could have done better—then dive into the next opponent on Monday.

The perennial playoff performers aren’t celebrating a wildcard win. If that’s what we want to be we shouldn’t be either.

Him going out and interacting with the fans doesn't mean he thinks he's on top of the world. I wouldn't sweat this as a big uh-oh red flag or assuming it means he has no focus on beating the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:02 PM)pally Wrote: a photo of this visit just won the GMFB Hall of Frame award.

Lol heck yeah. Love me some GMFB!!! 

Kay Adams is so hot!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote