Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac film review
Apparently, the normal Monday film reviews are done within position groups. Yesterday Zac held it with the entire team and went series by series. Maybe everything on the field hasnt kicked in yet but it is nice to see some improvement over just saying "we've got to play better"

https://theathletic.com/1217504/2019/09/17/this-week-in-bengals-recent-history-shows-ugly-uphill-climb-facing-bengals/ (behind pay wall)

Zac: “We went series by series with the whole team through that first half to let everybody know where the accountability lies with every position, with each side of the ball and with every coach. We want to make sure we’re all accountable. We’re all in this thing together. We’re not here to point fingers, we’re just here to get it right.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Andy staring down the offensive linemen in that meeting.

[Image: source.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Andy staring down the offensive linemen in that meeting.

[Image: source.gif]

were there any even left? lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Andy staring down the offensive linemen in that meeting.

And he blew a hole in them and his stare hit Dalton?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:22 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, the normal Monday film reviews are done within position groups.  Yesterday Zac held it with the entire team and went series by series.  Maybe everything on the field hasnt kicked in yet but it is nice to see some improvement over just saying "we've got to play better"

https://theathletic.com/1217504/2019/09/17/this-week-in-bengals-recent-history-shows-ugly-uphill-climb-facing-bengals/  (behind pay wall)

Zac: “We went series by series with the whole team through that first half to let everybody know where the accountability lies with every position, with each side of the ball and with every coach. We want to make sure we’re all accountable. We’re all in this thing together. We’re not here to point fingers, we’re just here to get it right.

What a great charismatic leader - watching film with the players and commenting on it!

With how bad they played, it must have felt like Mystery Science Theatre in there.
Reply/Quote
Silver Lining.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:22 PM)pally Wrote: Apparently, the normal Monday film reviews are done within position groups.  Yesterday Zac held it with the entire team and went series by series.  Maybe everything on the field hasnt kicked in yet but it is nice to see some improvement over just saying "we've got to play better"

https://theathletic.com/1217504/2019/09/17/this-week-in-bengals-recent-history-shows-ugly-uphill-climb-facing-bengals/  (behind pay wall)

Im all for calling people out in front of a group for sucking. People will get butthurt, but they need to know when they suck.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it's a little strange that they charged players $5 for a box of Raisinets though.
Reply/Quote
Good plan by ZT.

I am really pulling for him but he needs 2 to 3 years given the lack of quality players at o line and LB.

People should be mad as hell at the organization ( and the guys responsible for our drafts- how in the world could they waste a 2 on Sample) but ZT needs o have a reasonable chance.

The meltdown against the Niners was completely predictable given the performances last year and the failure to seriously address the o line or LB issues.

I can never bail on the Bengals because I have been watching them for 50 years but I have very low expectations for this season and have felt that way since the draft.
Reply/Quote
"It is what it is" is the new "we've got to play better"
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:20 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Good plan by ZT.

I am really pulling for him but he needs 2 to 3 years given the lack of quality players at o line and LB.

People should be mad as hell at the organization ( and the guys responsible for our drafts- how in the world could they waste a 2 on Sample) but ZT needs o have a reasonable chance.

The meltdown against the Niners was completely predictable given the performances last year and the failure to seriously address the o line or LB issues.

I can never bail on the Bengals because I have been watching them for 50 years but I have very low expectations for this season and have felt that way since the draft.

Well there was a narrative on the board that new coaches would make players better. I blame the people who started that narrative.
Reply/Quote

Could you cut & paste the whole article? I'd like to read it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You know you could give more than 2 games to see how this season plays out. We got our nose bloodied I get it. This game might feel like an aberration a few weeks from now. If we look anything like week 1 we can still have a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:20 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The meltdown against the Niners was completely predictable

That's BS. You also said we would get blown out by the Seahawks.  

You can't claim something is "completely predictable" when your predictions are wrong 50% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im all for calling people out in front of a group for sucking. People will get butthurt, but they need to know when they suck.

That has always happened.  They just did it in a larger group.
Reply/Quote
I watched the entire Zac Taylor press conference where he mentioned watching film as a team. I urge one and all to watch the entire press conference because Zac “gets it.”
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I watched the entire Zac Taylor press conference where he mentioned watching film as a team. I urge one and all to watch the entire press conference because Zac “gets it.”

I totally agree.

I love his press conferences. Taylor is not going to waiver one bit from his plan and he’s going to hold his players to his standard. They aren’t used to this yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I watched the entire Zac Taylor press conference where he mentioned watching film as a team.  I urge one and all to watch the entire press conference because Zac “gets it.”

I believe he does as well.

Am I disappointed over the @zz kicking we took ? Absolutely ! But I'm not anywhere even remotely close to giving up on ZT and Co.

I've figured all along there would be growing pains, just not quite that painful. Let's see how they rebound against the Bills ?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I watched the entire Zac Taylor press conference where he mentioned watching film as a team.  I urge one and all to watch the entire press conference because Zac “gets it.”

(09-17-2019, 03:32 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I totally agree.

I love his press conferences. Taylor is not going to waiver one bit from his plan and he’s going to hold his players to his standard. They aren’t used to this yet.

(09-17-2019, 03:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe he does as well.

Am I disappointed over the @zz kicking we took ? Absolutely ! But I'm not anywhere even remotely close to giving up on ZT and Co.

I've figured all along there would be growing pains, just not quite that painful. Let's see how they rebound against the Bills ?

Glad you guys get all gooey over his press conferences, but I care more about his coaching.  And his team just came out and rolled over for the Forty-niners at home after playing well the week before.

Maybe next year we can keep Zac to do press conferences but get a new head coach who can actually get the team to play more consistently on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glad you guys get all gooey over his press conferences, but I care more about his coaching.  And his team just came out and rolled over for the Forty-niners at home after playing well the week before.

Maybe next year we can keep Zac to do press conferences but get a new head coach who can actually get the team to play more consistently on the field.

Rep.

So the guy exudes positivity and can speak in full sentences.  Cool.  Still 0-2 though. Let's see how warm we are to his speeches if they go 3-13.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote