Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac got robbed
(02-11-2022, 11:05 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They set an NFL record for the number of players they had to field during the season due to injuries and covid.

That number is only because they had so many covid issues. It's not like they were out for a long period of time...
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:23 AM)TKUHL Wrote: LMAO!!! Nice one

I was afraid id get the ban for this one. I got the ban for not drooling over Tannehill wife somehow...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:55 PM)pally Wrote:

More like Our Coach of The Last 3 Years.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You seriously want to argue that Zac didn't recognize there were parts of the team needing upgarded? That Zac played absolutely no part in drafting players or bringing in free agents? That Tobin or Katie just signed these guys on their own with absolutely no input from Zac? That if it were up to Zac, the Bengals would roll with the exact same team as last year? Seriously?

Everyone knew we needed more talent.

As to who decided who we signed I have no idea.

All I know is that if you improve by adding more talented players and keeping the same coach it is only logical to assume the talented players had a big part in the improvement.
Reply/Quote
Did he get robbed though? If he's hoisting that Lombardi in 2 days, I don't think him or anyone in his circle is gonna look back and say, "Man, I really wish I got that COTY award"... I really don't think he cares.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:51 PM)Tony Wrote: They got the 1 seed because of Zac and the Bengals...

That is a great point Tony, still not sure Zac was robbed.  But many points are valid.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he was not.

The line on Bengals wins before the season was 6.5.  That is just 2 games under .500.

No one is disputing that the expectations were wrong.  The question is "why".  In Zacs case there is some proof that the improvement was due to better health and more talent.

You seriously want to argue that the addition of Chase, Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Hilton, Awuzie, and Reif, plus full healthy seasons from Reader, Williams, Uzomah, Hubbard, Mixon, and Burrow (combined 50 games missed in '20) did not have anything with the increase in our win totals?

Ya the titans don't have any talent it was all Vrabel.... Come on man... Marvin is gone..
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:55 PM)Tony Wrote: That number is only because they had so many covid issues. It's not like they were out for a long period of time...

constantly replacing players and winning isnt so easy to do
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That is a great point Tony, still not sure Zac was robbed.  But many points are valid.

I know I went hard in this thread, but I owe it to Zac. I was 1 of his haters, screaming fire him. I've never been so glad to be wrong. He doesn't get enough credit for the culture change either. Mike Brown had never won a playoff game his whole 30+ years here... Zac can stay as long as he wants..
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: constantly replacing players and winning isnt so easy to do

It is when your are in the AFC south...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:02 PM)Takedown Wrote: Did he get robbed though? If he's hoisting that Lombardi in 2 days, I don't think him or anyone in his circle is gonna look back and say, "Man, I really wish I got that COTY award"... I really don't think he cares.

Maybe it fuels ZAC? Silver lining...
Reply/Quote
Everyone forgets Zac was in the top 3 coaches on the hot seat too. Look where he is now...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe it fuels ZAC? Silver lining...

It definitely doesn't hurt our chances Sunday  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's not a playoff award. It's a regular season award.

They had a million injuries and went 12-5. Vrabel did a great job. Taylor did as well, so I hope the vote was at least close.

It wasn't close, Vrabel had like 36 votes, Zac had 2. Friggin LaFleur got 8 votes. It was a robbery.

Ah well, Zac will just have to settle for that crummy old Lombardi trophy. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:08 PM)Tony Wrote: I know I went hard in this thread, but I owe it to Zac. I was 1 of his haters, screaming fire him. I've never been so glad to be wrong. He doesn't get enough credit for the culture change either. Mike Brown had never won a playoff game his whole 30+ years here... Zac can stay as long as he wants..

Wow, I can appreciate that sentiment. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya the titans don't have any talent it was all Vrabel.... Come on man... Marvin is gone..

Sorry that you can not grasp such a simple concept.

Both the Bengals and the Titans improved over last year.

Titans improved while losing talent.

Bengals improved while adding talent.

That is why Vrable gets more credit for coach of the year.  Titans only added on big name free agent last offseason (Bud Dupree) but he missed 6 games with injury.  Meanwhile they lost 3 free agents who got paid over $12.5 million per year (TE Jonnu Smith, CB Andoree Jackson, WR Corey Davis) plus Jadeveon Clowney who signed with Cleveland for just $8 million.  

Then they lost the 2020 Offensive Player of the Year (Henry) for over half of the season.  

Their top 2 WRs (Brown, Jones) missed a combined 11 games.  

They had 8 different players start on their O-line with only 2 who started more than 13 games.  

They had 7 different players start on the D-line with only ONE starting more than 11 games.  

They had 6 different players start at LB with only ONE starting more than 11 games.  

They had 10 different players start at DB with only ONE starting more than 13 games.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Everyone forgets Zac was in the top 3 coaches on the hot seat too. Look where he is now...

well he deserved to be after year 1 and 2.     
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry that you can not grasp such a simple concept.

Both the Bengals and the Titans improved over last year.

Titans improved while losing talent.

Bengals improved while adding talent.

That is why Vrable gets more credit for coach of the year.  Titans only added on big name free agent last offseason (Bud Dupree) but he missed 6 games with injury.  Meanwhile they lost 3 free agents who got paid over $12.5 million per year (TE Jonnu Smith, CB Andoree Jackson, WR Corey Davis) plus Jadeveon Clowney who signed with Cleveland for just $8 million.  

Then they lost the 2020 Offensive Player of the Year (Henry) for over half of the season.  

Their top 2 WRs (Brown, Jones) missed a combined 11 games.  

They had 8 different players start on their O-line with only 2 who started more than 13 games.  

They had 7 different players start on the D-line with only ONE starting more than 11 games.  

They had 6 different players start at LB with only ONE starting more than 11 games.  

They had 10 different players start at DB with only ONE starting more than 13 games.

Julio Jones and Bud Dupree are losing talent? Come on man.. Be serious...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:20 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: While I do think Vrabel was deserving and that most of the complaints are unfounded, I am pleased at the shift in fan mindset.

This fanbase expects to win. Everything.

You're going to give us Offensive Rookie of the Year? Sure. You better. You're going to give us Comeback Player of the Year? Sure. You better. You're going to short us on Coach of the Year??? Now listen here you sonofabitch

Thats right lol
Reply/Quote