Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac got robbed
(02-11-2022, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If I had the ability to ban anyone I want (and I'm not sure why I don't). I'd ban any poster that used the terms:

butt-hurt

bungles

legs benedict

Don't be so butt hurt about not being a hall monitor..It's usually boring, tedious stuff sifting through a lot of nonsense..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't hate that Vrabel got it. Depends what weight is given to the playoffs with these awards I guess?

Tennessee has Tannehill at QB and lost Henry for a portion of the season, yet came out with the #1 seed. You could argue that the Chiefs/Bills may have picked up the #1 seed if they'd have had their act together all year, but Tennessee and GB were the two most consistent teams this year, and the Packers had Rodgers to carry them there.

I can agree it's a pretty bad pick if the playoffs are given much consideration with these awards though. Don't think Tennessee played a great game against us by any stretch.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:22 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't hate that Vrabel got it. Depends what weight is given to the playoffs with these awards I guess?

Tennessee has Tannehill at QB and lost Henry for a portion of the season, yet came out with the #1 seed. You could argue that the Chiefs/Bills may have picked up the #1 seed if they'd have had their act together all year, but Tennessee and GB were the two most consistent teams this year, and the Packers had Rodgers to carry them there.

I can agree it's a pretty bad pick if the playoffs are given much consideration with these awards though. Don't think Tennessee played a great game against us by any stretch.

But they did though. Their defense was lights out - including 9 sacks. They held us to only 1 Mixon TD, and one long play by Chase. On offense AJ Brown went off for
142 yards and a TD (think he was the only WR besides Adams to go over 100 on us all season). The difference was Tannehill turning the ball over 3x. Which isn’t really on the coaching.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:19 AM)Tony Wrote: He clapped vrabel.. Bullshit

Yep, happens every year...regular season award looks stupid by the time the Super Bowl comes around.  Aaron Rogers for MVP?  Wrong...should be one Joseph Lee Burrow.  

At least they got Ja'marr as OROTY correct, and Burrow also as comeback player of the year.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's not a playoff award. It's a regular season award.

They had a million injuries and went 12-5. Vrabel did a great job. Taylor did as well, so I hope the vote was at least close.

Really?  I know of one really big one, but thought they were largely healthy?  And 12 wins is the best in the NFL.  A little less impressive when you say that you get four games against the Jags and Texans.  

But you are right, it is a regular season award, or the same coaches would win it every year.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Titans were predicted to finish first in their Division and they did.

The Bengals were predicted to finish last in their division and they didn't.

Whoop, there it is!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:38 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I still don't think the 2 point try was a bad call. We had the penalty and they had to like the chances from the 1 yard line. Now leaning as heavily as they did on Henry when Foreman had been playing well and played well when he did get touches that in my opinion was why they lost the game.

Almost as dumb a choice as not giving the ball to Marshawn at the goal line.  I remember saying "WTF are they DOING?".  Then, I celebrated like the Bengals just won because that was the DUMBEST call I have seen since Pete forgot that he had Marshawn.  And it isn't just because it didn't work.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:23 AM)QueenCity Wrote: These rewards need to include the playoffs... regular season results are fine but once you make the playoffs we see what you are made out of.

I think these awards have evolved into "Thanks for participating but here's something to make you feel good" awards.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Almost as dumb a choice as not giving the ball to Marshawn at the goal line.  I remember saying "WTF are they DOING?".  Then, I celebrated like the Bengals just won because that was the DUMBEST call I have seen since Pete forgot that he had Marshawn.  And it isn't just because it didn't work.  

"What am I here for? WHAT AM I HERE FOR?????" -- Marshawn Lynch
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If I had the ability to ban anyone I want (and I'm not sure why I don't). I'd ban any poster that used the terms:

butt-hurt

bungles

legs benedict

What's wrong with a long-time butt-hurt team like the Bungles depending on a super rookie like Legs Benedict to get us through the playoffs and into the Super Bowl?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'll admit to being butt hurt on a few occasions, but I try to keep it to myself at my age..Anyone care to read about my hemorrhoids?  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We all know Vabrel would trade that MVP award for the Lombardi anytime. I'm sure Zac is happy, specially after 2 losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
The voting was shit by whoever voted, but I’m not upset Vrabel winning.

But Zac should have been 2nd. That’s silly.

Let’s just blow the doors down in the play offs
Reply/Quote
idk Titans coach had over 90 roster moves and still took #1 seed.... probly deserved to win it he doesnt have a joe burrow down there either
Reply/Quote
Some will say Vrabel deserves it for winning without Derrick and with Tannehill as his QB.

We’ll probably say Zac gets it for being the best second half coach in football, having a top offense with no offensive line and beating Vrabel while out coaching him.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really?  I know of one really big one, but thought they were largely healthy?  And 12 wins is the best in the NFL.  A little less impressive when you say that you get four games against the Jags and Texans.  

But you are right, it is a regular season award, or the same coaches would win it every year.  

They set an NFL record for the number of players they had to field during the season due to injuries and covid.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:22 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I don't hate that Vrabel got it. Depends what weight is given to the playoffs with these awards I guess?

Votes are turned in BEFORE the playoffs begin.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: titans suck

What a satisfying win. We heard all week how the King is Back and they were going to stomp us in the ground... very proud of our defense playing so well.
Reply/Quote

butt-hurt

bungles

legs benedict

Shiny new toy
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:43 AM)Tony Wrote: I'm suprised they just didn't hand it to Flores....

LMAO!!! Nice one
Reply/Quote