Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is Killing Us
His play calling Thursday was disgustingly horrible.

The simple fact that he doesn't run Hill downhill whenever he carries it, especially since our line isn't good enough to let Hill run east/west and pick his holes, kills me.

He has no creativity and just isn't a good situational play caller.

We have too much talent to waste it to horrible play calling, so does he finish out the year calling the offense and potentially waste a great opportunity, do we bring someone else in (history says no), or do we give Andy the power of calling plays?

I'd really love a Q and A session with Marvin or Mike so I can call in to ask them if they're going to let the season go to waste.

Maybe getting Eifert back will help some, but it obviously doesn't help with the problems that Zampese is giving Hill.

What happens with our play calling for the rest of the season?
Reply/Quote
Hill didn't do well last year so it's hard to blame that part on Zampese. His play calling has been pretty weak so far this year but it is only his 4th game and we're without 3 receivers from the past few years. I'll give him a little bit of slack for now.
Reply/Quote
Our Oline hasn't been performing up to par...yet? They have to get better. It's too early to pass judgement on Zampese. Give it time. Our oline has not been good. It's not Hill.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have more faith in Zampese than I do brad.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 05:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: I have more faith in Zampese than I do brad.

Why?

Brad was actually a very successful offensive coordinator during the years 2004-07 and again in 09. His game plannning and plays didn't evolve with the game.

Zampese seems to call plays from Hue's playbook and just hope they work. There's no substance, no identity, and often becomes one dimensional easily.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 05:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Why?

Brad was actually a very successful offensive coordinator during the years 2004-07 and again in 09. His game plannning and plays didn't evolve with the game.

Zampese seems to call plays from Hue's playbook and just hope they work. There's no substance, no identity, and often becomes one dimensional easily.

As in brad the OP, not brat the OC.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should let daltons package calls some plays. Probably all be long skinny posts though...

Reply/Quote

lol that was a delicious post from Beaker.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 05:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: I have more faith in Zampese than I do brad.

You don't think that I could have called better plays on all of those drives that stalled inside their territory and resulted in field goals?

You don't think that looking at actual game play, watching what works, and running plays in that style would work?

You have faith in a guy that uses players (the line and Hill) in a way that doesn't utilize their strengths and helps hide their weaknesses over someone who uses football knowledge and strategy, as well as common sense?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 06:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think that I could have called better plays on all of those drives that stalled inside their territory and resulted in field goals?

Nope.
Reply/Quote

Agree,

Zampese is just winging it at this point. His play calling seems to be very lacking in function, running this play to set up that, taking advantage of opposition weakness etc. And he's waaayyyyyy to conservative. He's playing not to lose ! This isn't a rookie QB and young team - pour the heat on.

I'm giving him an itsy bisty, teeny tiny bit of a pass considering we have like the worst O-line in the NFL.  But I just don't think he's gonna pan out. Hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 06:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think that I could have called better plays on all of those drives that stalled inside their territory and resulted in field goals?

You don't think that looking at actual game play, watching what works, and running plays in that style would work?

You have faith in a guy that uses players (the line and Hill) in a way that doesn't utilize their strengths and helps hide their weaknesses over someone who uses football knowledge and strategy, as well as common sense?

In zampese's defense, Hue called a very similar game against Baltimore in 2014. Sometimes execution is just poor. Granted I hated the playcalling as well but I'm a firm believer getting Eifert back will help our redzone woes
Reply/Quote
The play calling is not that bad...it's just the o-line (other than Whit) is flat awful.
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to think that we need to reinstate the ol' bowling ball at the goal line offense.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Meb1d1b1bc172859fb113cc66ae91f...=336&h=190]

If he weren't playing his best at NT this year so far... I'd say it would be a no brainer.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 06:40 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: The play calling is not that bad...it's just the o-line (other than Whit) is flat awful.

Yep, I don't know what joy seeing Hill run into the back of our line and bounce off to get tackled for loss 3 times in a row would bring....
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 06:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm beginning to think that we need to reinstate the ol' bowling ball at the goal line offense.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Meb1d1b1bc172859fb113cc66ae91f...=336&h=190]

If he weren't playing his best at NT this year so far...  I'd say it would be a no brainer.

I'd say still do it. While Hewitt is a really good fullback, he does not have the sheer mass and weight of Peko....
Reply/Quote
Every offensive coordinator since Marvin has been here has been deemed no good by these boards.
Reply/Quote
There is no problem with Zampese's playcalling at all.

Hill can't gain any yards because the o-line is not blocking. It has nothing to do with playcalling.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no problem with Zampese's playcalling at all.

Hill can't gain any yards because the o-line is not blocking.  It has nothing to do with playcalling.

Gotta disagree. Hill can't gain any yards because of himself and no one else. If Barry Sanders could accomplish what he did with the o line he had, Hill should be able to accomplish at least half of what he did, imo. And he is no where on track.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 07:41 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Gotta disagree. Hill can't gain any yards because of himself and no one else. If Barry Sanders could accomplish what he did with the o line he had, Hill should be able to accomplish at least half of what he did, imo. And he is no where on track.

Stopped reading as soon as you said Barry Sanders. Dude was a once in a lifetime freak of nature at his position.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote