Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is Killing Us
Changing OC's every other year has caught up to us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:35 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Childress is known to be a very good game planner,very strategic on how to attack the defense meaning if the defense is playing two deep man under like Sunday then he'll have about 25 plays on his call sheet that attacks that defense effectively zamp didn't call plays strategically Sunday 

In 10 seasons as a HC or OC from '02 to '12 his offenses finished higher than 10th only twice and in the bottom half of the league 6 times.

Don't know how you could call him "very good".
Reply/Quote
Brad Childress? So we're just throwing out names now in hopes of one of them making sense?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:47 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Brad Childress?  So we're just throwing out names now in hopes of one of them making sense?

Not interested in Childress as replacement. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Changing OC's every other year has caught up to us.

Not necessarily. The system has been static, as well as the coaches and how long they have been here. It's just the particulars of how each person calls a game. Dalton has a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage and, i'd guess, he just needs a few games to get used to Zampese's style.

The problem is, the players need to execute better.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The problem is, the players need to execute better.

That is A problem, but I wouldn't say it is THE problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 02:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not necessarily. The system has been static, as well as the coaches and how long they have been here. It's just the particulars of how each person calls a game. Dalton has a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage and, i'd guess, he just needs a few games to get used to Zampese's style.

The problem is, the players need to execute better.

It's not just schemes and play calling.  A lot has to do with the personality of the person putting it all together, is that person a leader, does he have the respect of the players, and does he motivate them.  Hue was a brash, in your face kind of guy.  Zampese strikes me as much more mellow.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 10 seasons as a HC or OC from '02 to '12 his offenses finished higher than 10th only twice and in the bottom half of the league 6 times.

Don't know how you could call him "very good".

He has more of pedigree than zamp,Childress is my personal choice not saying it had to be Childress but they could've at least interviewed others there's no logical excuse to defend that toast simple and plain 
Reply/Quote
There's a little tiny part of me that wants to hold out hope that Zampese will turn this around, There's a small part of me that wants to give him a pass for having the worst O-line (thus far) this season, in the NFL.

But then I remember this isn't a new team and new players to Zampese. If there's anybody on the planet that should be in tune to Dalton and this offense it's Zampese !!!!

Yet we're among the worst in the NFL converting 3rd downs. We're horrible at scoring in the red zone. And I fully believe the yards Dalton has racked up is a result of the players being good enough to overcome horrible coaching and game planning.

I'm already leaning hard towards Zampese being a bust as an OC. Hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's a little tiny part of me that wants to hold out hope that Zampese will turn this around, There's a small part of me that wants to give him a pass for having the worst O-line (thus far) this season, in the NFL.

But then I remember this isn't a new team and new players to Zampese. If there's anybody on the planet that should be in tune to Dalton and this offense it's Zampese !!!!

Yet we're among the worst in the NFL converting 3rd downs. We're horrible at scoring in the red zone. And I fully believe the yards Dalton has racked up is a result of the players being good enough to overcome horrible coaching and game planning.

I'm already leaning hard towards Zampese being a bust as an OC. Hope he proves me wrong.
We'll know very shortly.  I hope with all his football contacts, someone will come to his aid and tell him how to fix this offense. If not, it will be over before it started.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Changing OC's every other year has caught up to us.

I don't see Zampese getting a HC offer, so I'm predicting a Bratkowski-style tenure for him. Consistency is back!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 08:53 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He has more of pedigree than zamp,Childress is my personal choice not saying it had to be Childress but they could've at least interviewed others there's no logical excuse to defend that toast simple and plain 

Because that would mean the front office had to go through ALL that work interviewing and planning another OC for the team, wouldn't it be easier just to hire within so you dont miss a Sunday BBQ with the Browns?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:42 AM)GodFather Wrote: Because that would mean the front office had to go through ALL that work interviewing and planning another OC for the team, wouldn't it be easier just to hire within so you dont miss a Sunday BBQ with the Browns?  Ninja

lol that's funny man 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see Zampese getting a HC offer, so I'm predicting a Bratkowski-style tenure for him.  Consistency is back!

Oh, that's a horrible thought.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 12:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't see Zampese getting a HC offer, so I'm predicting a Bratkowski-style tenure for him.  Consistency is back!

I would like to think this is a joke.  Unfortunately, I know it isn't...
Reply/Quote