Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese is Killing Us
Well. After last night's game, the Bengals now rank 32nd in Red Zone TD percentage. Dead last in the NFL.

Also, for comparison, the Bengals were ranked 6th in the NFL last year.

30.77% this year, an even 65% last year.

And I know, people talk about Eifert. But I guess they forget he also missed 3 games last year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 02:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Well. After last night's game, the Bengals now rank 32nd in Red Zone TD percentage. Dead last in the NFL.

Also, for comparison, the Bengals were ranked 6th in the NFL last year.

30.77% this year, an even 65% last year.

And I know, people talk about Eifert. But I guess they forget he also missed 3 games last year.

Incredible

If this team is to go anywhere this season they have to fix the O-line and red zone issues. And they pretty much go hand in hand.

We stand no chance against the big guns running for 47 yards a game and unable to convert running it on 3rd and 1. Same thing on goal to go situations, if teams know we can't run it because our run blocking is crap we're in for a tough row to hoe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, you got me.  Ex professional coaches and players probably can analyze film at the same level of NFL OCs.  I-ll listen to any of them if they post here. 

Maybe you need to get over yourself. It's awfully naive for anyone to claim that they know so much about a lot of different people they've never met. But you take it to the next level claiming that you know that people you've never met know less than other people you've never met.

That's bad enough but it doesn't stop there. You go into a public Forum for Bengals' fans and are expecting what exactly? So far it's a down year in the only stat that matters. Wins-losses. You want people to be happy about that? Let people vent for crying out loud. I just never get why some frustrated fans feel the need to put other people's down who want the same thing.

Maybe we are not all "Belicheks" but we can see when things aren't going right and it's our rights as fans to ***** about it wrong or right.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am pretty sure no ex-players or coaches come here to debate strategy or scheme.

Would you go to a high school website to debate dating and relationships? 
What?

I'm the only one that does this?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: What?

I'm the only one that does this?

Nah, why do you think fred was so eager to volunteer that comparison?  Dude was trying to get everyone off the scent...
Reply/Quote
Zamp is in way over his head Dallas simply played a two deep man under coverage and instead of zamp after establishing the run using max protection play action routes like the one a.j green made a 23 yard reception on he kept calling plays from the shotgun..This offensive line is not playing well enough right now to keep calling some of these shotgun concepts, then when we did have rhythm going first drive he calls a stupid jet sweep that lost yards I don't see him having a good day against belichick.
Reply/Quote
This is what we get when we hire from within. The offense hasn't changed and the play calling has gotten worse.
Reply/Quote
How many more times do we have to watch Andy get sacked running a play fake from shotgun?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:42 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: How many more times do we have to watch Andy get sacked running a play fake from shotgun?

This season?  Oh, only about 11 more games.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:45 PM)JumboTron Wrote: This season?  Oh, only about 11 more games.

Sad part is we could've went after a much more competent oc brad Childress would've been a perfect hire
Reply/Quote
If we had the Dallas o line Zampese would be a genius.

the right side of o line plus center are way way below average for an NFL team. I think Ohio State's D line would play them very even.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:54 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If we had the Dallas o line Zampese would be a genius.

the right side of o line plus center are way way below average for an NFL team. I think Ohio State's D line would play them very even.

I agree with you oline is below average that's why he should max protect a hell of alot more than he's doing 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, you got me.  Ex professional coaches and players probably can analyze film at the same level of NFL OCs.  I-ll listen to any of them if they post here. 

It's time for me to reveal that I am Dave Shula.  Ask of my wisdom and I shall impart!
Reply/Quote
I also miss Jay Hayes our former Dline coach.
The man was grossly underrated in what he did for the group. Its showing now in our run defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 09:25 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Maybe you need to get over yourself. It's awfully naive for anyone to claim that they know so much about a lot of different people they've never met.  But you take it to the next level claiming that you know that people you've never met know less than other people you've never met.  

That's bad enough but it doesn't stop there.  You go into a
public Forum for Bengals' fans and are expecting what exactly?  So far it's a down year in the only stat that matters.  Wins-losses.  You want people to be happy about that?  Let people vent for crying out loud.  I just never get why some frustrated fans feel the need to put other people's down who want the same thing.  

Maybe we are not all "Belicheks" but we can see when things aren't going right and it's our rights as fans to ***** about it wrong or right.

Fred and I don't always agree, and sometimes I tire of his defense of the team, but he is easily in the right here. He does not need to get over himself on this one. Fans absolutely do not have the knowledge to call a game at the NFL level. The knowledge difference between the NFL and fans is much greater than any other major sport in the world.

Also, I agree that we as fans have every right to ***** and moan about the team. It's part of being a fan when the team is struggling. The difference is thinking a regular fan has the ability to step in and do a better job is completely ridiculous. Something is clearly wrong with our offense and we can complain all we want, but to suggest we know both what is wrong and how to fix it is completely asinine. 

Just the other week I was reading through this and was like, "woah." I'm sure many people here already knew this information, but it shows the complexity of the game. This is just a surface level piece on a single, simple topic that could expand so much further at the NFL level. NFL OCs already know this so well that they don't even have to think about it. They also have probably spent 20+ years analyzing the game against the toughest competition in the world, applying more depth than this. So yes, it is crazy to think that a fan could step in and call a game. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 03:31 AM)MrRager Wrote: Fred and I don't always agree, and sometimes I tire of his defense of the team, but he is easily in the right here. He does not need to get over himself on this one. Fans absolutely do not have the knowledge to call a game at the NFL level. The knowledge difference between the NFL and fans is much greater than any other major sport in the world.

Also, I agree that we as fans have every right to ***** and moan about the team. It's part of being a fan when the team is struggling. The difference is thinking a regular fan has the ability to step in and do a better job is completely ridiculous. Something is clearly wrong with our offense and we can complain all we want, but to suggest we know both what is wrong and how to fix it is completely asinine. 

Just the other week I was reading through this and was like, "woah." I'm sure many people here already knew this information, but it shows the complexity of the game. This is just a surface level piece on a single, simple topic that could expand so much further at the NFL level. NFL OCs already know this so well that they don't even have to think about it. They also have probably spent 20+ years analyzing the game against the toughest competition in the world, applying more depth than this. So yes, it is crazy to think that a fan could step in and call a game. 

Completely agree, but it's not Asinine to feel that we could've made a more competent hire at oc,brad Childress is sitting out there doing nothing you can't tell me zamp has a better resume correct if am wrong but I don't even recall us interviewing nobody for the position 
Reply/Quote
I wonder how long the staff continues to let the offense sputter like this. Ogbuehi isn't ready. May be he needs to sit down and let Fisher or Winston have a shot. Maybe we should bring somebody in off the street. A third of the season is almost gone. How long before something changes from a personnel standpoint. This has to be the most "ride or die" team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:16 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Completely agree, but it's not Asinine to feel that we could've made a more competent hire at oc,brad Childress is sitting out there doing nothing you can't tell me zamp has a better resume correct if am wrong but I don't even recall us interviewing nobody for the position 

The Bengals have proven that one thing they are good at is hiring coordinators.  In just the last three years 3 of them have become head coaches.

They obviously know what they are doing in this area.

Childress is nothing special.  What makes you think he is a good OC? 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have proven that one thing they are good at is hiring coordinators.  In just the last three years 3 of them have become head coaches.

well first off toast gruden and Jackson had a veteran oline,solid skill position players and respectable running games...This current season coming in we already knew that wouldn't be the case at least initially,Tyler eifert was hurt coming in marv jones was gone mo sanu also,and on top of it all we was essentially starting a rookie right tackle...I'm not saying Childress had to be the choice even though I would've preferred him,I'm just not happy that we didn't at least interview other candidates 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have proven that one thing they are good at is hiring coordinators.  In just the last three years 3 of them have become head coaches.

Childress is known to be a very good game planner,very strategic on how to attack the defense meaning if the defense is playing two deep man under like Sunday then he'll have about 25 plays on his call sheet that attacks that defense effectively zamp didn't call plays strategically Sunday 
Reply/Quote