Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeke to the Bengals?
Just saw a segment on ESPN where they think Ezekiel Elliott would be a good fit for the Bengals. He played at OSU and we know how Mike Brown loves former Buckeyes. He is not as good as he used to be, but maybe if Mixon moves on he will be ok. We'll see what develops.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:58 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just saw a segment on ESPN where they think Ezekiel Elliott would be a good fit for the Bengals. He played at OSU and we know how Mike Brown loves former Buckeyes. He is not as good as he used to be, but maybe if Mixon moves on he will be ok. We'll see what develops.

I highly doubt it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 03:58 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Just saw a segment on ESPN where they think Ezekiel Elliott would be a good fit for the Bengals. He played at OSU and we know how Mike Brown loves former Buckeyes. He is not as good as he used to be, but maybe if Mixon moves on he will be ok. We'll see what develops.

Saw that, and thought.. NO.
Reply/Quote
After 7 years running the ball with a lot of carries, I think he's kind of washed up. 3.8 yards per carry this past year. Pollard rushed for 5.2 ypc.
Reply/Quote
it's ESPN so it must be true. Good job
Reply/Quote
Which RB on the current roster or available in free agency would you trust to block for #9?

Or would you trust a rookie?

They need someone to fill Perine's role
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Saw that, and thought.. NO.

right but then you think about his pass pro....  I heard he was pretty go at that.

But also wonder what his salary demands will be
Reply/Quote

Huge Buckeyes fan and we can hope this is all complete BS and that it never happens.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how good of blocker Zeke is. Pollard seemed to run much better. I would hope Zeke is a good blocker.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:09 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Which RB on the current roster or available in free agency would you trust to block for #9?

If the OL comes along, we won't be in many 3rd and Long situations.
Once the RT is solved, (Bengals finished with 26.1 pts/game last year) it's not out of the question to get to 29.2 pts/game (KC was top scoring team last year).

Edit:
To answer your question, Mixon is going to have to step up his game.
Reply/Quote
Rather have McKinnon if you are signing old RB's.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't know how good of blocker Zeke is. Pollard seemed to run much better. I would hope Zeke is a good blocker.

Zeke is a hell of a pass blocker.

Draft Mayer in the first and go with a pass heavy offense and Zeke will help line in pass protection and then he’ll still be able to offer something as a runner since we won’t run him into the ground.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:22 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Rather have McKinnon if you are signing old RB's.

Draft Charbonet in 2nd rd and we are good  but still would like a change of pace guy like Mckinnon
Reply/Quote
I don't want Zeke. Not unless the contract is strong in our favor.

WTS, he would be a good replacement for Perine.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Negative zero chance. The rb room is done. They wouldn’t have signed Trayveon as soon as they knew about Samaje leaving. He’s Perine’s replacement and Mixon was always going to be here or Samaje would have stayed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:09 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Which RB on the current roster or available in free agency would you trust to block for #9?

I think Roschon Johnson is the perfect replacement for Perine, and by far the guy I would trust most in pass protection as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Zeke is a hell of a pass blocker.  

Draft Mayer in the first and go with a pass heavy offense and Zeke will help line in pass protection and then he’ll still be able to offer something as a runner since we won’t run him into the ground.

You will use any excuse to draft Mayer won't you?
Reply/Quote
Im good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Negative zero chance. The rb room is done. They wouldn’t have signed Trayveon as soon as they knew about Samaje leaving. He’s Perine’s replacement and Mixon was always going to be here or Samaje would have stayed.

They've waived Williams twice and re-signed him 3 times. Nothing about him being back says they're 'done with the room'...especially considering the draft, where they'll take at least one.

As for Perine, one of the reasons he said he chose Denver is because of their 'ground and pound' style, as he called it, which he says fits his physical style of play.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 04:39 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You will use any excuse to draft Mayer won't you?

How is that an excuse to draft Mayer?

We still need a tackle regardless.
Reply/Quote