Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
marvin is worse then I even thought he needs to go asap
Did you guys read what he said about ties? The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it. His guys already took enough snaps. That right there shows he doesn't care. He doesn't have desire to win whatever it takes. Just like he doesn't care if Mike nugent misses. He doesn't care if Cedric isn't even NFL caliber. Yes a former Bengals linebacker on a podcast even said, ced doesn't even look NFL caliber. Who cares if Andy is getting sacked, and we actually move the ball better with Winston at guard. It's time to stop being so passionate about my team I love. It's being ran by a guy who is clueless and doesn't have the desire to win!!! Why can't we have a bill bellicheck? We aren't winning with marvin guys. No way.
Reply/Quote
Agree bro
Reply/Quote
Marvin isn't terrible, but hes not good..

I just think that majority of us are tired of his act, and are ready to move on. He's had some good teams, but failed to do anything meaningful with them.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Did you guys read what he said about ties?  The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it.

No I did not see that.

Link?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No I did not see that.

Link?

Something about 94 snaps played already they don't need to play more.

(Im reading it and thinking the whole time that these guys make more in a year that I would in a lifetime, whats another dozen minutes or so?)
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why can't we have a bill bellicheck? 

Same reason 30 other teams can't have a Belichick.

Next?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same reason 30 other teams can't have a Belichick.

Next?

Do you like Marvin Lewis and would you like to see him stay on as head coach next year? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:35 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Did you guys read what he said about ties?  The words actually came out of his mouth he don't mind a tie,and if there was another quarter to be played, he wouldn't want them to play it. His guys already took enough snaps.  That right there shows he doesn't care. He doesn't have desire to win whatever it takes.  Just like he doesn't care if Mike nugent misses. He doesn't care if Cedric isn't even NFL caliber. Yes a former Bengals linebacker on a podcast even said, ced doesn't even look NFL caliber. Who cares if Andy is getting sacked, and we actually move the ball better with Winston at guard.  It's time to stop being so passionate about my team I love. It's being ran by a guy who is clueless and doesn't have the desire to win!!! Why can't we have a bill bellicheck?  We aren't winning with marvin guys. No way.

Yeah, "better than a loss".  I've been where you are at now since 2010 my man.....it's getting beyond old.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No I did not see that.

Link?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/02/marvin-lewis-ok-with-ot-rules-thinks-college-version-is-hokey/
Reply/Quote
The culture of mediocrity comes from the top down. The problem is higher than Marvin. He just knows all he needs to shoot for is 7-9/8-8 and his boss will be fine. Has he got the most ties in Nfl coaching history?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you like Marvin Lewis and would you like to see him stay on as head coach next year? 

I don't hate Marvin, but I think its time for a change at Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't hate Marvin, but I think its time for a change at Head Coach.

Yep....and Marvin is decent enough, he's just not "Super".  He is a good man though, it's hard to talk bad about such an upstanding man, and the guy that saved us from the abyss.....but his time has passed here.  It's time to take the next step.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:09 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Marvin isn't terrible, but hes not good..

I just think that majority of us are tired of his act, and are ready to move on. He's had some good teams, but failed to do anything meaningful with them.

I think it's hard to judge him. Sure we see the 0-7 in the playoffs which is bad...but he's still operating with largely the same front office structure in place that hasn't won a playoff game in 24+ years.

He coaches a team that basically doesn't sign external free agents to more than 1 year deals.

He definately has his faults...and he definately doesn't have control of the team...but he came to a team that perennially 4-12 and turned it around.

Let's see if Jackson can turn the Browns around in a few years. That would be akin to what Marvin did here.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....and Marvin is decent enough, he's just not "Super".  He is a good man though, it's hard to talk bad about such an upstanding man, and the guy that saved us from the abyss.....but his time has passed here.  It's time to take the next step.

Aside from all the frustration with this team, it just feels like its time.

You know that feeling when you realize you're in a relationship and its not going anywhere, you just know you need to end things. Its that kind of feeling.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:48 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Aside from all the frustration with this team, it just feels like its time.

You know that feeling when you realize you're in a relationship and its not going anywhere, you just know you need to end things. Its that kind of feeling.

I can agree with this. I just don't know if the coach we bring in will take us to the next level.

Look at assistant coaches...since losing Zimmer and Gruden...each replacement has been a slight fall-off.

I do think we need a coach that can instill discipline in this team.

I also sometimes wonder what the Bengals would have become with Coughlin instead of Lewis. I do like Marvin, but Coughlin built an expansion franchise into a contender.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Marvin and the Bengals organization care more about the well-being of their employees than the end result.
A lot of us wish more companies would be that way, but it seems that's never the case for sports.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe Marvin and the Bengals organization care more about the well-being of their employees than the end result.
A lot of us wish more companies would be that way, but it seems that's never the case for sports.

Look at it from Mike Brown's perspective. His dad dies, then he has a 14-15 year run of absolutely horrible football. He brings in Marvin...and Marvin doesn't gripe much about the organizational structure. Turns the team around with the owner as a GM. Plus, they apparantly can co-exist.

One of the biggest reasons Zimmer wasn't a HC in the NFL for so long was that he was so outspoken and owners worried about that.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/04/the-interview-that-nearly-ended-mike-zimmers-head-coaching-dream/
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at it from Mike Brown's perspective. His dad dies, then he has a 14-15 year run of absolutely horrible football. He brings in Marvin...and Marvin doesn't gripe much about the organizational structure. Turns the team around with the owner as a GM. Plus, they apparantly can co-exist.

One of the biggest reasons Zimmer wasn't a HC in the NFL for so long was that he was so outspoken and owners worried about that.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/04/the-interview-that-nearly-ended-mike-zimmers-head-coaching-dream/

True, and being outspoken is probably what cost the last coach that won a playoff game here to lose his job.....the Christmas Eve Massacre.

Reply/Quote
What does he care? He is working a job he has for life all the while making millions. Win, loss or tie he's going to stay regardless. That breeds complacency, mediocrity and overall apathy. I believe Lewis put everything he had into last season and came up short once again. In the first round, once again. Now Lewis is just a shell. Last season took it's toll on the guy, and by the looks of it a final toll. Now he is just walking around, looking around and keeping up with his media obligations but a shit he could not give.

Remember, at the end of the day he still has a SB ring while working as a DC for one of the best defenses in the history of the sport. Sure he would love one as a HC, but he has already been there and won the prize, so he at least has that to fall back on. The Bengals? Not so much and won't as long as he holds the position of Head Coach. That is clear.

I truly believe if he cares about this organization that gave him his opportunity of being an NFL HC than he would retire at the conclusion of the season for the long-term betterment of the team and the fans that have supported this franchise through thick, thin and thinner.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same reason 30 other teams can't have a Belichick.

Next?

31 counselor, there are 32 nfl teams Wink
Reply/Quote