Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
marvin is worse then I even thought he needs to go asap
(11-08-2016, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, looks lik&e they have finally recovered from that blockbuster trade Hue made and are now playing good ball. 

Yep.....they finally hired a decent coach again....first one they had since Hue Jackson. Wink 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Carr having an MVP type season helps too.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't Zimmer do as well under other coaches as he did under Marvin? 

What great players did Zimmer have while he was under other coaches? He was on offensive oriented teams. You can only polish a turd so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 11:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I also love Marv defenders saying basically we've had two/three different rosters....three different staffs.....but somehow it's all their faults we're 0-7 in the playoffs during his tenure.  LMFAO ! Really? LMAO

There is no logic to this argument.

There are lots of other teams that turnover their rosters and never win.  Why would it be impossible for it to happen to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:48 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: What great players did Zimmer have while he was under other coaches? He was on offensive oriented teams. You can only polish a turd so much.

Dallas:
Greg Ellis
Alonzo Spellman
Darren Woodson
Dat Nguyen
La’Roi Glover
Mario Edwards
Terrence Newman
Roy Williams
Marcellus Wily
Chris Canty
Jay Ratliff
Marcus Spears
DeMarcus Ware

Atlanta (The ’07 D was loaded) :
Jamaal Anderson
Jonathan Babineaux
John Abraham
Michael Boley
Keith Brooking
Brent Grimes
DeAngelo Hall
Chris Houston
Lawyer Milloy

Maybe, just maybe those down years you point to Marvin having without Zims could have had more to do with lack of talent........Nah, that can't be it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no logic to this argument.

There are lots of other teams that turnover their rosters and never win.  Why would it be impossible for it to happen to the Bengals?

......because the Marv homers blame the players and other coaches.  If that was the case, surely ol Marvy could strike paydirt after that much turnover.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......because the Marv homers blame the players and other coaches.  If that was the case, surely ol Marvy could strike paydirt after that much turnover.

Other teams have not despite going through several different coaches in addition to multiple roster turnover.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Other teams have not despite going through several different coaches in addition to multiple roster turnover.

Have not what?  Have not set the NFL all time mark for playoff futility? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 11:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dallas:
Greg Ellis
Alonzo Spellman
Darren Woodson
Dat Nguyen
La’Roi Glover
Mario Edwards
Terrence Newman
Roy Williams
Marcellus Wily
Chris Canty
Jay Ratliff
Marcus Spears
DeMarcus Ware

Atlanta (The ’07 D was loaded) :
Jamaal Anderson
Jonathan Babineaux
John Abraham
Michael Boley
Keith Brooking
Brent Grimes
DeAngelo Hall
Chris Houston
Lawyer Milloy

Maybe, just maybe those down years you point to Marvin having without Zims could have had more to do with lack of talent........Nah, that can't be it.

Why doesn't Marvin have any up years without Zimmer then? The only year that the defense has played well without Zimmer is last year? Marvin had plenty of time to have multiple good years without Zimmer, but he hasn't. I wonder why that is. Marvin has been in the top half of the league only twice without Zimmer. That's pretty pathetic honestly.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 03:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Have not what?  Have not set the NFL all time mark for playoff futility? Mellow

Have not won a payoff game.  Some teams have not even MADE THE PLAYOFFS since Marvin has become head coach.

This is the biggest problem with most of the Marvin haters.  They have no idea what is going on in the rest of the NFL.

"It is impossible for an NFL team to go 13 years without winning a playoff game unless Marvin Lewis is coach. He holds the NFL record.  Derp."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 06:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why doesn't Marvin have any up years without Zimmer then? 

Why did Zimmer only have one top ten scoring defense before working under Marvin?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 09:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Have not won a payoff game.  

Pats have won many of those.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 09:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Have not won a payoff game.  Some teams have not even MADE THE PLAYOFFS since Marvin has become head coach.

This is the biggest problem with most of the Marvin haters.  They have no idea what is going on in the rest of the NFL.

"It is impossible for an NFL team to go 13 years without winning a playoff game unless Marvin Lewis is coach. He holds the NFL record.  Derp."

Yep, cause that's EXACTLY what I said. Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, cause that's EXACTLY what I said. Rolleyes

What you said was that it was impossible for an NFL team to go 13 years without enough talented players to win a playoff game.

I was just pointing out the fact there was no logic to that argument.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 09:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is the biggest problem with most of the Marvin haters.  They have no idea what is going on in the rest of the NFL.

The rest of the NFL possibly may not be important to Bengal fans.

I am very concerned with my household, but not overly worried about the neighbors,unless it directly impacts my property.

( example -they start keeping smelly goats or chickens contrary to HOA rules )
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 03:01 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: The rest of the NFL possibly may not be important to Bengal fans.

I am very concerned with my household, but not overly worried about the neighbors,unless it directly impacts my property.

( example -they start keeping smelly goats or chickens contrary to HOA rules )

I understand this point.  But if you have no clue what is happening outside of your community then try not to insult the ones that do.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 10:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did Zimmer only have one top ten scoring defense before working under Marvin?

Like I said before. The teams he was on were offensive based teams. Its hard to have a good defense when the team is more of an offensive team.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What you said was that it was impossible for an NFL team to go 13 years without enough talented players to win a playoff game.

I was just pointing out the fact there was no logic to that argument.

Nope......I believe the Bengals have had more than enough talent to do this.  I believe coaching has held them back.  Be it the HC....or the supporting staff.....

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 09:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Have not won a payoff game.  Some teams have not even MADE THE PLAYOFFS since Marvin has become head coach.

Props to you for being right, but as it stands the only 2 teams that haven't made the playoffs since Marvin took over are the Raiders (7-2) and the Bills (4-5).  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2016, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Props to you for being right, but as it stands the only 2 teams that haven't made the playoffs since Marvin took over are the Raiders (7-2) and the Bills (4-5).  

You forgot the Browns.

Pus the Lions, Bucs, and Dolphins have zero playoff wins and only 5 combined playoff appearances.
Reply/Quote