Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprise Bengals standing pat with their team instead of trying to improve
(10-30-2018, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like about 27 other NFL teams followed the "true Mike Brown nature" today.

Since the beginning of the regular season there have been approximate 10 trades involving about 17 different teams. Many of those recieving players either lead or close to lead their division- you know, winners. But yeah let’s keep going with our old ways because we are the model franchise to follow. More teams should get in line with us if they truly want to win.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure there were players out there that would have helped our situation and help us become a better team. That being said, the asking price was probably too steep and ownership covets their draft picks. I have no problem with no deals today, this team, for the most part, builds through the draft. What this team needs is to get healthy and stay that way, even with a healthy team it's going to be tough sledding the way the defense is performing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Since the beginning of the regular season there have been approximate 10 trades involving about 17 different teams. Many of those recieving players either lead or close to lead their division- you know, winners. 

There have been no more than 5 or 6 meaningful trades and many of the teams trading for players have worse records than the Bengals.  I know the Cowboys traded for Toomer but they are 3-5.  Jags traded for Hyde but they are 3-5 also.

Could you give me a list of all these "winners" who have made big trades this year.  Seems to me it is only a small handful.
Reply/Quote
The real contenders got better today the Bengals just don’t give a shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The real contenders got better today the Bengals just don’t give a shit. 

Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius of all time.  Only 4 teams in the league have more wins than us and Mike accomplished that without caring or trying.

Amazing.

BTW are you really saying that every team that did not trade for a player today does not care about winning?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like about 27 other NFL teams followed the "true Mike Brown nature" today.

Let’s see where the Bengals and those other 27 teams are come the divisional and conference rounds of the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:44 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Let’s see where the Bengals and those other 27 teams are come the divisional and conference rounds of the playoffs. 

So you don't think that a single team that did not trade for a player will win a playoff game?

I'll take that bet.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:02 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think im emotionally checking out for this year,the only thing that can get me back is to go get dez , marshall,or play tate. Otherwise we aint winning nothing.

So playing a 7th rd WR that the entire rest of the league could have claimed off waivers is the difference between winning and losing or us?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius of all time.  Only 4 teams in the league have more wins than us and Mike accomplished that without caring or trying.

Amazing.

BTW are you really saying that every team that did not trade for a player today does not care about winning?

The Rams who are the consensus best team in the league currently made a trade. Maybe you should tell them they are wrong and that since they’re 8-0 they don’t need to address any positions. I bet they’ll listen to you Fred. Is this just another one of those times when you know that they probably should have made a move but you just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Reply/Quote
Only a handful of trades even made. No TE's, no OLinemen, no LB's traded. Could it be...and hear me out, I have an outrageous thought...could it be that none of those guys were available? Does anyone have inside information on whether they tried or do we just go with the assumption that, since no trade was made, that no trade was attempted?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: Christmas-Carol-2017.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There have been no more than 5 or 6 meaningful trades and many of the teams trading for players have worse records than the Bengals.  I know the Cowboys traded for Toomer but they are 3-5.  Jags traded for Hyde but they are 3-5 also.

Could you give me a list of all these "winners" who have made big trades this year.  Seems to me it is only a small handful.

Pats- lead division
Texans- lead division
Eagles- not far behind
Redskins- lead division
Cowboys- not far behind
Ravens- third but only 1.5 behind us
Jags- yes 3-5 but not out of it yet
RAMS- lead division and are undefeated
Detroit- also not far out of it

But yeah- Mike Brown king of superbowlz knows better.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Pats- lead division
Texans- lead division
Eagles- not far behind
Redskins- lead division
Cowboys- not far behind
Ravens- third but only 1.5 behind us
Jags- yes 3-5 but not out of it yet
RAMS- lead division and are undefeated
Detroit- also not far out of it

But yeah- Mike Brown king of superbowlz knows better.

Oh and the Saints- who also lead their division. So that’s 5 out of 8 division leaders who just got better at areas of need. 5 others who are in the mix. The three division leaders who did not trade- Chiefs, Steelers, and whoever leads NFC NORTH. Those three teams don’t have any more GLARING needs than we do.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh and the Saints- who also lead their division. So that’s 5 out of 8 division leaders who just got better at areas of need. 5 others who are in the mix. The three division leaders who did not trade- Chiefs, Steelers, and whoever leads NFC NORTH. Those three teams don’t have any more GLARING needs than we do.

Who were the guys available to fill those needs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Remember...it takes TWO teams to do a trade. Perhaps teams were asking for way too much?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Remember...it takes TWO teams to do a trade. Perhaps teams were asking for way too much?

I can't get anyone to tell me what guys were available at our positions of need that we did not try to get.

Reply/Quote
Not every team can can immediately benefit from a midseason trade. Basically you have to have a glaring need at one position where the new player would make an immediate big impact. Which of course we happen to perfectly fit in both LB and TE. Somehow I think that had we aggressively beat the proverbial bushes we could have found help at either or both positions.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:53 PM)McC Wrote: Who were the guys available to fill those needs?

If you’re implying that these were the only guys available then you’re full of it. However, many different positions. WR, RB, CB, S, DE, DT. Which you can even make an argument that all of those are somewhat of a need. Obviously we have bigger needs than those, but I think specifically WR would have helped in the short term, despite some others thinking 2 receivers is a plethora of talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:58 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If you’re implying that these were the only guys available then you’re full of it. However, many different positions. WR, RB, CB, S, DE, DT. Which you can even make an argument that all of those are somewhat of a need. Obviously we have bigger needs than those, but I think specifically WR would have helped in the short term, despite some others thinking 2 receivers is a plethora of talent.

In other words, you got nothing. And still did not answer my question. I didn't imply anything. I asked a simple question and you can't anwer it.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:00 PM)McC Wrote: In other words, you got nothing. And still did not answer my question.

How did I not answer your question? You want specific names? A quick google search can do that, but I can spoon feed you the answers if you lack the ability to do a google search. Just let me know.
Reply/Quote