Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprise Bengals standing pat with their team instead of trying to improve
(10-30-2018, 09:59 PM)McC Wrote:  I haven't said anything to agree or disagree with.  Unlike you, I don't go into hysterics before I know what actually happened.  And the information will come out.  And if it does, and you're right, I'll admit it.  Until then, you're going off half cocked, as they say.

And here's one more thing.  Let me know when bitching changes our situation and I'll jump right on board.  You summed up the whole situation with the ugly history(Gee, no one's ever stated those facts), yet you seem unable to grasp the true reality of the situation.  And you seem to think that if you yell loud enough, that somehow what hasn't changed in those 28 years will suddenly change and you think that the moaning you do means you want to change the status quo more than me because I'm way beyond wasted words.  I see the lay of the land and nothing you or I will ever do will change that.  Anyone even remotely familiar with the Bengls should know that.  Hell, it's Bengals 101.  Hoe smart are you if you can't even see that?

So I can’t post my frustrations? Wow, wonderful board to be a part of! WOOO!

PS- I am not a hoe. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:00 PM)McC Wrote: I never once said I did.  You have to stop all this assuming.

Just seeing what it’s like to be like McC.
Reply/Quote
I just logged on after a long work day, teaching, and homework. Today was the trade deadline so who did we get? Patrick Peterson? Larry Fitzgerald? Maybe a good tight end? Von Miller? Ndamukong Suh? Richard Sherman?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There have been no more than 5 or 6 meaningful trades and many of the teams trading for players have worse records than the Bengals.  I know the Cowboys traded for Toomer but they are 3-5.  Jags traded for Hyde but they are 3-5 also.

Could you give me a list of all these "winners" who have made big trades this year.  Seems to me it is only a small handful.

Damn!  Dallas is trying out 44 year old WR's?  

That is a franchise that is really going all out and leaving no stone unturned.
Reply/Quote
The funniest threads are the ones that people start about who the Bengals should target for a trade, they actually sound optimistic when they post. How can any fan seriously believe that things like that will happen???????? Come on people, seriously!!!!! It was obvious that they should have fired the DC after the Chiefs game. It’s obvious that injuries have the team short handed and that being 5-3 is the time to give up draft picks if you have to and try to win now. Fact.... mediocrity is acceptable.... Done ranting, there’s no point, it’s always the same bs with this organization.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So I can’t post my frustrations? Wow, wonderful board to be a part of! WOOO!

PS-  I am not a hoe. Lol

Post away.  Call me crazy but I always felt stating frustration once is enough and doing it over and over again is just self indulgence.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just logged on after a long work day, teaching, and homework.  Today was the trade deadline so who did we get?  Patrick Peterson?  Larry Fitzgerald?  Maybe a good tight end?  Von Miller?  Ndamukong Suh?  Richard Sherman?

All of the above.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:17 PM)McC Wrote: Post away.  Call me crazy but I always felt stating frustration once is enough and doing it over and over again is just self indulgence.

Well I guess we will just have to disagree. I’ll keep posting, and you keep attacking peoples opinions. Have a good day sir.

-sincerely
The uniformed hoe- in your words
Reply/Quote
I just want them to fix the defense somehow. Whether that be Austin using the bye week to make some adjustments and tweaks, or Austin being Zampese'd. Either way we need to somehow prevent setting the NFL record for most yards given up in a season.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:59 PM)McC Wrote: Name one trade that could have been made that wasn't.

Dalton for Rodgers. Any trade could have been made if the need and reward were there. When you trade there are deals you have to overpay for because you are the one who needs the trade to help your team. Owners who truly want to win now and not hoard their money like Mike Brown does go for it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just logged on after a long work day, teaching, and homework.  Today was the trade deadline so who did we get?  Patrick Peterson?  Larry Fitzgerald?  Maybe a good tight end?  Von Miller?  Ndamukong Suh?  Richard Sherman?

Quote of the year came on Cincy Jungle. Someone remarked that we would probably bring back Paul Alexander and a poster said " Maybe we should bring back Alexander as a Defensive Coordinator since he knows how to stop the run and get pressure on the QB!!" 
Reply/Quote
Must be nice to have a GM with this attitude.

Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) on Tate Acquisition: You’re always trying to get the best price. There is no doubt about it. But we’re not trying to win the trades. We’re trying to get really good players. The message to our fans, to our players, to our coaches, to everyone in this organization is our foot is always going to be on the gas. We’re always trying to win. We’re always going to try to put our best foot forward. What we can do now is try to do that for this season and this moment. That’s what we’re going to do and that’s our responsibility.”

HEY MIKE BROWN AND TOBIN, TAKE NOTES.....AND IN CASE YOU DIDN’T REALIZE, YOUR DEFENSE IS ON PACE TO BE THE WORST IN NFL HISTORY.........EVER! CRICKETS FROM THIS FRONT OFFICE.....CRICKETS.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Rams who are the consensus best team in the league currently made a trade. Maybe you should tell them they are wrong and that since they’re 8-0 they don’t need to address any positions. I bet they’ll listen to you Fred. Is this just another one of those times when you know that they probably should have made a move but you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. 

No.  This is another example of the Bengals doing the same thing as almost every other team in the league and a lot of fans squealing about how it proves the Bengals "Don't care about winning."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:18 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Guess there were no players who could help our team or is it Mikey doesn't want to spend any more of his 10 million cap space to improve his team. How in the sam hill did we have to have this miser as our owner???

I don't think the Bengals had any expectation of being a true contender this year and considered it as (hopefully) the last year in the rebuild. If that's the case, it could make sense that they didn't want to be aggressive at the trade deadline. Plus, we all know they overvalue their draft picks.

The Bengals also could, like every year, want to roll over remaining cap space to next year to help cover extensions. They have Dennard, Uzomah, Kroft, Eifert, Preston Brown, Hopkins, Redmond, MJ, Fisher, Ogbuehi, and Vinny Rey all hitting FA next year. They clearly won't (and shouldn't) keep probably even half of those guys, but they will have a lot of positions to replace and hopefully will bring in some outside replacements to fill those holes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: . Owners who truly want to win now and not hoard their money like Mike Brown does go for it. 

Then almost every owner in the league thinks like Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton for Rodgers. Any trade could have been made if the need and reward were there. When you trade there are deals you have to overpay for because you are the one who needs the trade to help your team. Owners who truly want to win now and not hoard their money like Mike Brown does go for it. 

Ok, you've GOT to be trolling, at this point.

Just, stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  This is another example of the Bengals doing the same thing as almost every other team in the league and a lot of fans squealing about how it proves the Bengals "Don't care about winning."

While true, some (most?) fans don't want to be lumped in with the majority of what other teams do. They want the team to be more like the Pats, who have made the majority of the near-deadline trades while also being arguably the most successful team since 2000. 
Here is an article written last year about how the Patriots approach the NFL trade deadline - https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/27/16555968/patriots-2017-nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-deals
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius of all time.  Only 4 teams in the league have more wins than us and Mike accomplished that without caring or trying.

Amazing.

Bullshit.  They are winning DESPITE Mike Brown.
I swear, it's like the movie Major League...

[Image: PNrD7c0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of other teams needed TE.  Which one got Cook?

Do you think the Raiders Fire Sale is not over? Do you honestly think the Raiders would not let go of Cook for a 7th or 6th round pick? Do you even think the Bengals Front Office even picked up the phone just to inquire and entertain the possibility? Cook has been rumored to be traded for weeks,  teams probably don't want to take on that salary. Then again it would have been faster if your boy Mike Brown just take the $5 Million he paid Eiffert and lit it on fire instead.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:02 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think im emotionally checking out for this year,the only thing that can get me back is to go get dez , marshall,or play tate. Otherwise we aint winning nothing.

Why would we go get Dez, why put a veteran receiver on the field, or Marshall, another veteran receiver...or even Tate, a big body receiver who flashed in preseason.... If you want to know who the better player/option is for the Bengals - watch the guy who isn't playing. 

In an imperfect world, maybe Tate is not better than Core...but who needs Tate to be All-World...we just need Tate to make the catches Core is dropping and if that happens, that helps the Bengals win. And we know Marvin "The Lovable Loser" Lewis is not in place to help the Bengals win. I really believe, when it is all said in done, that Marvin Lewis was sabotaging the Bengals and I am not playing. Just watch all the books come out when he dies.... SMH
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote