Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
the fix is in
What I saw today was a Bengals team who came to play. Yeah there was some bad play calls at the red zone not running hill there. But I was very pleased with how dalton played hitting his passes. You just can't beat the refs too. Good things by us were taken away. I'm not going through each one of them. But it was on offense and defense, just blatant bad calls to keep the Pats in it. I came from this game pissed that this game we love is corrupt. I feel like walking away from it. We aren't in the nfls agenda to win. Do you honestly think the nfl would allow Tom Brady first home game to be the Bengals beat them?? Hahaha not if the league has any say. Just look at the ravens game too PATHETIC.
Reply/Quote
Today had nothing to do with the refs. The better team won, period.

Reply/Quote
We got hosed by the refs but that was not the core issue in the game - we lost because our D was awful again and the OL was a sieve like it has been every game. At least they FINALLY benched Og.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What I saw today was a Bengals team who came to play. Yeah there was some bad play calls at the red zone not running hill there.  But I was very pleased with how dalton played hitting his passes.  You just can't beat the refs too.  Good things by us were taken away.  I'm not going through each one of them. But it was on offense and defense, just blatant bad calls to keep the Pats in it. I came from this game pissed that this game we love is corrupt.  I feel like walking away from it.  We aren't in the nfls agenda to win.  Do you honestly think the nfl would allow Tom Brady first home game to be the Bengals beat them??  Hahaha not if the league has any say.  Just look at the ravens game too PATHETIC.

I truly believe that too. Go back to the Pittsburgh game to see all the blatant holding they were doing right in the refs face. That's why I don't watch any football games or espn or the nfl netowrk in between Bengals games. You're right. "The fix is in. 
Reply/Quote
I won't say we lost solely because of the refs but there were definitely times they sucked at their jobs. The 3rd and 18 call on Kirkpatrick was the worst IMO, pretty much what turned the game around. I don't think Kirk did anything wrong on that play.
Reply/Quote
As horrible as NFL officials have been and often times I do believe there is some bias... But not today. We got straight up beat by a better coached team. Plain and simple.

BTW, why does the NFL employ so many senior citizens to be referees? Granted the head ref today was young-ish but there's plenty of old dudes out there refereeing professional football games. Why is that? How can they keep up? And can they see well? Mental awareness? Just seems odd
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: We got hosed by the refs but that was not the core issue in the game - we lost because our D was awful again and the OL was a sieve like it has been every game. [b]At least they FINALLY benched Og.[b/]

Right? A well coached team would have taken care of that problem weeks ago. We can only hope it's a long-term benching.

Great job Paulie, keep up the good work  ThumbsUp Hype Ced up like he's Ghiacuc or Nate Livings, we know it's coming 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: We got hosed by the refs but that was not the core issue in the game - we lost because our D was awful again and the OL was a sieve like it has been every game. At least they FINALLY benched Og.

BS!  They got petty penalties on on 3rd down stopping calls on the pats to sustain drives. That had a tremendous outcome on the game.
Reply/Quote
I come to realize most our fans are ignorant. They believe what Dan fouts says on tv more then a any fan would tell them. They go by what the refs call is the right call. They actually believe we got to just keep stopping the pats over and over, even if penalized lol dre Kirkpatrick got a bad call on third down. My Bengals group instantly said dre Kirkpatrick is sorry. Even last year, Jeremy's knee was down. But the majority has said hill ruined it. We got a bunch of sheep as fans. There was a play on offense while I was getting a sack, I think we got holding when there wasn't. By the time I got back that's when the safety happened. We wouldn't of been in that situation. There was one play Brandon lafell got pass interfered with the corner was all over him, no call of course. And that Adam Jones third down was one of the worst you could see. HE DID NOTHING. what else was he supposed to do besides just let him catch it lol that's when I gave in. We got hosed again. A simple bad holding call can change a game. Our fans just don't seem to get that.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: BTW, why does the NFL employ so many senior citizens to be referees? Granted the head ref today was young-ish but there's plenty of old dudes out there refereeing professional football games. Why is that? How can they keep up? And can they see well? Mental awareness? Just seems odd

Part of it's because the NFL won't hire FT officials.  So, you get people who are just augmenting their income instead of being solely devoted to the job and treating it as a career.  That attracts a lot of people that are other things during the week, like judges, accountants, etc.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:06 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I come to realize most our fans are ignorant. They believe what Dan fouts says on tv more then a any fan would tell them. They go by what the refs call is the right call. They actually believe we got to just keep stopping the pats over and over, even if penalized lol dre Kirkpatrick got a bad call on third down. My Bengals group instantly said dre Kirkpatrick is sorry.  Even last year, Jeremy's knee was down. But the majority has said hill ruined it. We got a bunch of sheep as fans. There was a play on offense while I was getting a sack, I think we got holding when there wasn't. By the time I got back that's when the safety happened. We wouldn't of been in that situation. There was one play Brandon lafell got pass interfered with the corner was all over him, no call of course. And that Adam Jones third down was one of the worst you could see. HE DID NOTHING. what else was he supposed to do besides just let him catch it lol that's when I gave in. We got hosed again. A simple bad holding call can change a game. Our fans just don't seem to get that.

Do you know who was really on the Grassy Knoll, or if Jet Fuel really burns hot enough to melt steel beams?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:08 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Do you know who was really on the Grassy Knoll, or if Jet Fuel really burns hot enough to melt steel beams?

Yeah whatever sheep
Reply/Quote
My confession: I was not happy to see Russell Bodine get hurt but part of me was happy to see the other center get a chance to play. Unfortunately, he sucked too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:11 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah whatever sheep

Big Mad, or Little Mad?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My confession:  I was not happy to see Russell Bodine get hurt but part of me was happy to see the other center get a chance to play.  Unfortunately, he sucked too.

He looked equally as bad as Bodine but if Bodind is out awhile he'll have all week to prepare and (hopefully) look better. 

Center has to be our biggest draft need
Reply/Quote
Yeah, totally the Refs fault that the TEs got 210 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, totally the Refs fault that the TEs got 210 yards.

Shhh, this dude having a full-blown meltdown is the most entertaining thing on here tonight.  Let him be.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, totally the Refs fault that the TEs got 210 yards.

Wtf that have to do with the calls, see what I mean another sheep who aren't focused on the calls just other things.all you sheep keep believing the refs are fair and equal. I bet you Tom Brady will be in the Superbowl this year. You'll just say he's that good.ignorant people. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Wtf that have to do with the calls, see what I mean another sheep who aren't focused on the calls just other things.all you sheep keep believing the refs are fair and equal. I bet you Tom Brady will be in the Superbowl this year. You'll just say he's that good.ignorant people. 

other things... Like, a football game? We lost. We didn't deserve to win. Nobody anywhere believes the refs are fair and equal, but they are not why we lost today. Relax and put the bottle away
Reply/Quote
I just watched Julio Jones all but get tackled with no PI call against the Seahawks. I'm convinced this league is fixed
Reply/Quote