Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
As others have pointed out, this could just be a rumor but it's believable that Mike Brown would turn down generous compensation for a player as it fits his established history and MO. With that being said, if MB wont' take a 1st and more for AJ why in the hell hasn't he extended AJ by now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:09 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I dunno, some feel Rodgers isn't ELITE anymore and it appears Bengals fans will only settle for a ELITE QB.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-we-sure-aaron-rodgers-is-still-an-elite-quarterback/

Haha... Who are these "some" you speak of. He's the best talent of this generation.

But they're right. Joe Flacco has won as many rings, and Eli has more.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:02 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: What's wrong with Married with Children? Favre was fun to watch until he became a diva in the aughts. Probably my favorite QB ever.

Anyway, Fly AJ , FLY

Nothing, loved that show, loved watching Brett Favre sling it
Reply/Quote
If true, you make that trade yesterday. Love AJ, but his window here is closed. We need to build for the future.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... Who are these "some" you speak of. He's the best talent of this generation.

But they're right. Joe Flacco has won as many rings, and Eli has more.

Well, this one requires a subscription to read..

https://theathletic.com/1200883/2019/10/16/no-longer-elite-what-the-numbers-tell-us-about-aaron-rodgers/

Does 2 = "some"?  Nervous

Reply/Quote
No way the Bengals get a first n 3rd. He’s a free agent after this season. I wish it was true though.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure this is a done deal. Some people here are reading the tea loves, some are not. The rumor that Mike Brown will not trade AJ Green for various reasons (loyalty, respect, etc.) tells me that Mike Brown is either trying to buy more time to field bids or to drive up the asking price from a specific team. AJ Green's (as well Cordy Glenn) shifting injury timetable tells me that he does not want to play for the Bengals. Call me crazy, but it is the NFL. Hopefully some team's QB gets injured so we can also trade Dalton.
Reply/Quote
If there is any truth to this, and the Bungles REFUSE the offer, wow. That would simply be unbelievable.

Everyone loves AJ Green. But it's best for him and the Bungles. And they can always bring him back if it interests both parties.

And the fact that some people seem to think that a 1st AND a 3rd isn't enough??

If this is true and it doesn't happen I'm going to go find out what exhaust fumes taste like.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
At this point I would take a first for just about anybody on the roster.
Reply/Quote
This would give us picks (+/- a few) 2, 29, 34, 66, 92, 104.

That should open the window a year earlier for the Bengals. It would allow a top 5 QB, rebuild the O-line with a RT and G to add to last year's pick of Jonah and still have 2 top 100 picks to spend on a neglected D (LB and BPA)

At WR you would still have Boyd, Ross, Tate, Erickson, Morgan and could add to that with a round 4-5 WR and free agency (if we trade away players with expiring contracts we don't have to worry about protecting compensatory picks and we got the picks a year earlier).

This trade would be huge for the franchise. Thank you for everything AJ but this trade can make the Bengals contenders again.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:15 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: This would give us picks (+/- a few) 2, 29, 34, 66, 92, 104.

That should open the window a year earlier for the Bengals. It would allow a top 5 QB, rebuild the O-line with a RT and G to add to last year's pick of Jonah and still have 2 top 100 picks to spend on a neglected D (LB and BPA)

At WR you would still have Boyd, Ross, Tate, Erickson, Morgan and could add to that with a round 4-5 WR and free agency (if we trade away players with expiring contracts we don't have to worry about protecting compensatory picks and we got the picks a year earlier).

This trade would be huge for the franchise. Thank you for everything AJ but this trade can make the Bengals contenders again.

The Bengals have to make this deal although I would rather see him go to the Saints if the "package" was the same

Also factor in any returns for Carlos Dunalps, maybe Cordy?  and anyone else with a heartbeat another team would take
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If there is any truth to this, and the Bungles REFUSE the offer, wow. That would simply be unbelievable.

Everyone loves AJ Green. But it's best for him and the Bungles. And they can always bring him back if it interests both parties.

And the fact that some people seem to think that a 1st AND a 3rd isn't enough??

If this is true and it doesn't happen I'm going to go find out what exhaust fumes taste like.

They taste like they smell... Delicious.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd love to see Green play for the Packers.

Me to

AJ is in my top 5 all time favorite Bengals. By the time Mike Brown's way has the team good enough to be any kind of contender again AJ will be 40.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Mike Brown won't trade AJ for a 1st and 3rd what makes you think he's in a hurry to move on from Dalton?  The lack of moves we are making doesn't indicate he thinks we are rebuilding, so much as we are a win-now team that has just gotten super unlucky the past few seasons with injuries.

AJ for a 1st and 3rd, no way!  But he's going to cut the only good QB he's ever had that didn't go all "get me outta here" on him?  Ehh...Ida know.

Heck - They might not even trade Cordy Glenn at this point! There has to be some team offering picks for him.

I feel like there's a good chance that management buys the close loss thing and thinks we're like 4-3 or 5-2 with Green, Jonah, and Glenn. aka They have no clue how football works.

The amount of starters we have playing terrible is astounding. Adding 1 Good player, 1 unknown, and Glenn who I'll generously call average won't be that huge of a difference.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s not going to be ok with an empty stadium. A high 1st round QB brings excitement.

I really don't think they care about exciting the fanbase.

This past year they had a GREAT opportunity. New HC. Largely new staff. NewDey slogan. Then free agency hits and the 1st day they re-sign Bobby Hart! Then Troy Blackburn blasts out that harsh interview for those that didn't like it.

Then, they signed several...role-players in free agency for hefty contracts. Didn't address LB other than bringing in Preston Brown. Kept injury-prone Eifert.

They had some $50 million in cap space. That was the time to sign a Jordan Hicks at LB! Maybe a Saffold at Guard.

That's what McVay got when he went to the Rams!

Then, they draft a blocking TE in the 2nd Round when a guy like DK Metcalf was there.

Very little this team does screams we want to excite the fans!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being active on the trade market and in free agency and/or hiring a GM would bring excitement, too.

Would Dalton really pull a Palmer and leave, though?  He seems like he'd just not rock the boat and be a good soldier.  Then again, fans might be so eager to take Mike Brown's side if it happens again.

Honestly...WHERE is Dalton going to go that he'd be guaranteed to start?

People say he'll go home to Texas but the Texans wouldn't start him over Watson.

He could go to Chicago and compete for the job possibly. There are a few spots like that. Maybe Tennessee.

He'd most likely be a backup until there was an injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:59 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I'd take a 1st, Bryan Bulaga and Za'darius Smith.

I'd take a 1st, their starting RT and (arguably) their best defensive player too, but you're just as likely to get Rodgers as those guys.  A more realistic get would be Rashan Gary, who hasn't exactly been killing it up there, but I doubt they'd give up on him so quickly.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s not going to be ok with an empty stadium. A high 1st round QB brings excitement.

"A new young head coach with new ideas brings excitement."

Yawn
Reply/Quote
Coachspeak...but they still think they can salvage the season. Doesn't bode well for those hoping for a fire sale:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Once Mike Brown was offered the entire draft from a team (like Ditka's saints), no way in helium that he'll ever accept anything less while alive.
Reply/Quote