Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we lost by two points on the road to the 11- 3 chargers
Especially hard to do in one draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:49 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You explain how we get 7 new starters in one off season and some depth as well. Then I will buy in, it wont happen in one year you got to coach people up and hope for improvement at some spots you can not replace that many starters in one off season.

Needs are needs. If we say we need 3 guys but really need 7...that won't help.

We're likely going to be in a rebuilding cycle for a while.

We didn't improve the roster from last year to this year. We might not improve it going into next year much.

You don't manage to not win a playoff game in 26+ years by sound management.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Needs are needs. If we say we need 3 guys but really need 7...that won't help.

We're likely going to be in a rebuilding cycle for a while.

We didn't improve the roster from last year to this year. We might not improve it going into next year much.

You don't manage to not win a playoff game in 26+ years by sound management.
1.) This isn't baseball there are no major rebuilds that take 4 or 5 years. 

2.)we need a RT, TE, and 2 LB(we play 70% nickle). RG could be a need(Depending on what we do with Westerman) and Nickle CB could if Dennard isn't re signed.

3.) 26 year playoff without a win is a depressing stat not going to lie. However during the past decade we have had a stretch of making it 5 straight years to the playoffs.  There are not many teams that can say they did that outside of an elite organization.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:38 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) This isn't baseball there are no major rebuilds that take 4 or 5 years. 

2.)we need a RT, TE, and 2 LB(we play 70% nickle). RG could be a need(Depending on what we do with Westerman) and Nickle CB could if Dennard isn't re signed.

3.) 26 year playoff without a win is a depressing stat not going to lie. However during the past decade we have had a stretch of making it 5 straight years to the playoffs.  There are not many teams that can say they did that outside of an elite organization.

There are 11 guys on each side of the ball. When you have as many bad starters as us...you don't fix that in one year unless you use free agency in a major way...and we won't.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are 11 guys on each side of the ball. When you have as many bad starters as us...you don't fix that in one year unless you use free agency in a major way...and we won't.
You don't have to be major spenders in free agency to get quality talent. We could sign KJ Wright for 5-7 million dollars  and Jared Cook for the same amount. The first 4 RDs of the draft should get you at least 2 hopefully 3 starters. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You don't have to be major spenders in free agency to get quality talent. We could sign KJ Wright for 5-7 million dollars  and Jared Cook for the same amount. The first 4 RDs of the draft should get you at least 2 hopefully 3 starters. 

LOL. We rarely get 2-3 quality starters from drafts. We didn't this year either. We got 1: Bates.

Price has been one of the worst Centers in the league.

Unfortunately, the Bengals usually only sign free agents who have been waived so it doesn't hurt their compensatory picks.

I'd be down for signing a Wright, Perryman, or Alexander.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL. We rarely get 2-3 quality starters from drafts. We didn't this year either. We got 1: Bates.

Price has been one of the worst Centers in the league.

Unfortunately, the Bengals usually only sign free agents who have been waived so it doesn't hurt their compensatory picks.

I'd be down for signing a Wright, Perryman, or Alexander.
We got two this year in Hubbard and Bates.
Two in 17 with Mixon and Lawson
4 in 16 with Vigil, Boyd, Jackson, and Billings.
We get starters in drafts.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We got two this year in Hubbard and Bates.
Two in 17 with Mixon and Lawson
4 in 16 with Vigil, Boyd, Jackson, and Billings.
We get starters in drafts.

Vigil only starts here because our LB are awful. He doesn’t start on most teams.

Probably not Billings either.

Reply/Quote
A loss is a loss. There are no “moral victories.”
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vigil only starts here because our LB are awful. He doesn’t start on most teams.

Probably not Billings either.

He starts but he is not a 3 down player on most teams.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He starts but he is not a 3 down player on most teams.

Vigil does not start on most teams. He's a backup.

Same with Billings.

Some with 4 of our offensive lineman not named Boling.

On offense - Green, Boyd, Mixon, and Boling are the only guys who would start on a good team.

On defense - Atkins, Dunlap, Bates, and probably Jackson.

There we have 8 guys who would start on a Good team. That means we have 14 guys that wouldn't.

Now tell me how we fix that in 1 year?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You don't have to be major spenders in free agency to get quality talent. We could sign KJ Wright for 5-7 million dollars  and Jared Cook for the same amount. The first 4 RDs of the draft should get you at least 2 hopefully 3 starters. 

Are you aware that KJ Wright has 11 solo tackles this year and has only played in 3 games?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Vigil does not start on most teams. He's a backup.

Same with Billings.

On offense - Green, Boyd, Mixon, and Boling are the only guys who would start on a good team.

There we have 8 guys who would start on a Good team. That means we have 14 guys that wouldn't.

Not one year, but a good GM like Dorsey could probably fix it in a couple.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not one year, but a good GM like Dorsey could probably fix it in a couple.

Our current GM is working on a 30 year plan.

And guys like Green are getting to the point where it won't matter as he's what 30 years old and has been hurt 2 out of the past 3 years. Wasted talent.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our current GM is working on a 30 year plan.

And guys like Green are getting to the point where it won't matter as he's what 30 years old and has been hurt 2 out of the past 3 years. Wasted talent.

Boyd and Mixon are heir apparent for wasted peak talent. 

There's always more room in Mikey's drifting captain-less ship.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 11:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Vigil does not start on most teams. He's a backup.

Same with Billings.

1.) Vigil is a 2 down player and a top 3 down back up LB on most teams.
2.) Billings is a starter at nose for most teams again he isn't a 3 down player though.
3.)Glenn,  Dalton, and  Westerman( one on the few things me and you agree on is he should be starting here) would start on good teams.
4.)Williams, Lawson, Billings, Vigil, Glasgow, Dennard, and Kirkpatrick are all at the very least solid starters on good teams.  Lawson is an all pro if given proper snaps.
5.) I think people are way too harsh on Price and Ross as well. Their first year starters; Price missed most of the off-season program and then got hurt in week 2 and missed multiple weeks. I would like to see what he could do with a full off-season of work and full health. 
Ross has had a poor season when it comes to catch percentage but he also has had a good season when it comes to TDs.  Again I would like to see what he could do  a full season of Dalton at QB and Green opposite of him at WR. I think he has more to offer that what we have witnessed.
(12-23-2018, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you aware that KJ Wright has 11 solo tackles this year and has only played in 3 games?
Yes I am fully aware that's why I think we can get him at a cheaper price.
He also has had 4 straight 100 + tackles in 4 straight years and two straight years of 5 or more pass breakups.
J24

Reply/Quote
Name the good teams Dalton starts on?

Also, Glenn and Dennard are both mediocre.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Name the good teams Dalton starts on?

Also, Glenn and Dennard are both mediocre.

Jaguars
Cowboys
Titans- 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:52 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jaguars
Cowboys
Titans- 

I wouldn't say Jax is a good team, but he'd start there last year when they were... I'd also add Baltimore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:52 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jaguars
Cowboys
Titans- 

The Jags are 5-10 they’re not good lol

Dalton might be able to beat out Dak. Doubt it though. Dak has a 94.7 PR this season. Dalton has only bested that once in 8 years.

So I’ll give you one team. Titans. But even then would they want to move on from a decent young QB who’s actually won a playoff game?

Reply/Quote