Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-30-2022, 05:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

This mean we are signing a vet WR?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: This mean we are signing a vet WR?

I think this may be a vet cut procedure move so that he doesn't become available to other teams at least some think so.  Not sure
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Thomas is a vested vet so hes not subject to waivers. Likely will be back in a day when we move somebody to IR.
Reply/Quote
Patriots cut Bill Murray. I thought he was great in Zombieland. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:00 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I don't. Huber really struggled down the stretch last year. Sure, he competed well this preseason, but I can't help but wonder if he'll struggle down the stretch this season. Plus, with McPherson on the team, directional punting won't be as great a need. 

I liked Huber, but I just don't know if he's a full season left in him.

If he makes it through all season playing well, fantastic, but I just don't know if it'll happen.
Same , Huber is old AF. Time to move on. He wasn't that good last year and now he is a year older..
Reply/Quote
Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

LB Joe Bachie (knee)

Terminated the contracts of three vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

S Trayvon Henderson
DE Noah Spence
WR Mike D. Thomas

Look for some combination of Prince, Khalid, and CTB to go on IR tomorrow with these 3 returning

Waived 23 players:
  • LS Cal Adomitis
  • QB Jake Browning
  • P Drue Chrisman
  • OT Devin Cochran
  • DT Domenique Davis
  • TE Nick Eubanks
  • G Lamont Gaillard (injured)
  • G Nate Gilliam
  • LB Clarence Hicks
  • CB Delonte Hood
  • WR Trenton Irwin
  • DE Raymond Johnson III
  • LB Keandre Jones
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • TE Thaddeus Moss
  • G Desmond Noel (injured)
  • HB Jacques Patrick
  • WR Kendric Pryor
  • TE Justin Rigg
  • LB Tegray Scales
  • DT Tyler Shelvin
  • DT Tariqious Tisdale

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Auden Tate. Dede Dorsey. There's a bunch of these guys.

There's another WR that's name escapes me.

Cody Core?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 03:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Auden Tate. Dede Dorsey. There's a bunch of these guys.

There's another WR that's name escapes me.

Armon Binns, Dez Briscoe, Damion Willis, Cody Core, etc. an always expanding list.

That said, I don’t like our WR depth from last year, I’d be more than willing to give Pryor a shot but oh well. Nobody down there is going to be much of a receiving threat against starting DB’s if one of our top guys goes down with injury.
Reply/Quote
Jessie Bates is still on the exempt list

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't like Pryor getting cut, but Zac has been different from Marvin when it comes to preferring VET's over youth and inexperience. Maybe the Superbowl roster will change him and he will now prefer those who was on the roster that took us to the SB over unknowns, but prior to this he has been pretty open to giving those with inexperience a shot.

Disappointing but if we don't keep 7 receivers, another favorite of ours is likely getting a shot.

The "original" Trent has been around awhile and has shown up whenever his number is called. And he brings ST experience. Maybe he is the 7th receiver.

Zac preferred youth over vets when it was Marvin guys. Not when they are Zac guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

LB Joe Bachie (knee)

Terminated the contracts of three vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

S Trayvon Henderson
DE Noah Spence
WR Mike D. Thomas

Look for some combination of Prince, Khalid, and CTB to go on IR tomorrow with these 3 returning

Waived 23 players:

• LS Cal Adomitis
  • QB Jake Browning
  • P Drue Chrisman
  • OT Devin Cochran
  • DT Domenique Davis
  • TE Nick Eubanks
  • G Lamont Gaillard (injured)
  • G Nate Gilliam
  • LB Clarence Hicks
  • CB Delonte Hood
  • WR Trenton Irwin
  • DE Raymond Johnson III
  • LB Keandre Jones
  • WR Kwamie Lassiter II
  • TE Thaddeus Moss
  • G Desmond Noel (injured)
  • HB Jacques Patrick
  • WR Kendric Pryor
  • TE Justin Rigg
  • LB Tegray Scales
  • DT Tyler Shelvin
  • DT Tariqious Tisdale

So the LB that had 72 tackles that one game made the 53?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sucks for T. Henderson. I thought the guy played well the past couple years in the preseason. I figured two strong preseasons plus the inexperience of the freshly drafted back-of-the-draft secondary draftees would put him on the 53 with a 2022 draftee hitting the practice squad. Hope he hooks on somewhere if not here, and plays well!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So the LB that had 72 tackles that one game made the 53?

that dude (Johnston) hits like a Mike Tyson when Tyson was in his prime, but with his entire body!  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 08:13 AM)pally Wrote: They have to be at the initial 53 by 4 PM.  Past experience indicates that the team won't officially announce anything until this afternoon.  However, the names will trickle out throughout the day.  

If the team places someone on IR today, they are done for the season. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone with season-ending injuries so that move shouldn't be made.  For someone to be placed on IR and return during the season, they have to make today's roster.  Look for CTB to make the team today and move to IR tomorrow.  Khalid Kareem and Mitch Wilcox are also potential IR moves.  We could see 1 or more Vets cut today in order to make these moves.  The Vets don't have to go through waivers so are cut with the knowledge they are coming back.

1) Jacques Patrick
2) Drue Chrisman
3) Nick Eubanks
4) Tyler Shelvin-I picked him as my surprise cut...by the time it happened it wasn't one
5) Cal Adomitis
6) Kwamie Lassiter
7) Kendric Pryor
8) Tegray Scales
9) Jake Browning

OFFICIAL LIST
Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

LB Joe Bachie (knee)

S Trayvon Henderson
DE Noah Spence
WR Mike D. Thomas

Waived 23 players:
LS Cal Adomitis
QB Jake Browning
P Drue Chrisman
OT Devin Cochran
DT Domenique Davis
TE Nick Eubanks
G Lamont Gaillard (injured)
G Nate Gilliam
LB Clarence Hicks
CB Delonte Hood
WR Trenton Irwin
DE Raymond Johnson III
LB Keandre Jones
WR Kwamie Lassiter II
TE Thaddeus Moss
G Desmond Noel (injured)
HB Jacques Patrick
WR Kendric Pryor
TE Justin Rigg
LB Tegray Scales
DT Tyler Shelvin
DT Tariqious Tisdale

Very interesting to see all of Thomas, Irwin, Pryor, and Lassiter let go.
That leads me to believe they plan to pick up a WR. Maybe someone who is better for the offense?

Looks like Anderson, the other Thomas, Jalen Davis, and Allan George all make it for DBs. So probably 11 DBs in total with Awuzie, Apple, CTB, Hilton, Bates, and Hill.
Johnston also looks like he stuck for that final LB spot.

Anyone shocked that Adeniji actually is still on the roster? I am.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was a little surprised myself, until someone mentioned a detail that I had forgotten in the punter battle.  Huber is also the holder for FG and XPs.  Chrisman definitely has the stronger, youthful leg, but Huber has a lot of intangibles and experience on his side, as well.

How did you forget that it has been talked about all offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:15 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Mike Thomas is a vested vet so hes not subject to waivers.  Likely will be back in a day when we move somebody to IR.

there are only 5 WRs on the current roster so that is the logical move

congratulations to UDFA Allen George for making the roster.  He wasn't the rookie free agent we thought we would make it be good for him

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Very interesting to see all of Thomas, Irwin, Pryor, and Lassiter let go.
That leads me to believe they plan to pick up a WR. Maybe someone who is better for the offense?

Looks like Anderson, the other Thomas, Jalen Davis, and Allan George all make it for DBs. So probably 11 DBs in total with Awuzie, Apple, CTB, Hilton, Bates, and Hill.
Johnston also looks like he stuck for that final LB spot.

Anyone shocked that Adeniji actually is still on the roster? I am.

They have Hakeem listed at OT maybe he performs better outside but gosh, maybe someone else is picked off waivers.  

I still find it surprising that T. Williams is still on the 53, and 4 RB is kept.   I always thought Patrick was more of a line mover.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:28 PM)pally Wrote: there are only 5 WRs on the current roster so that is the logical move

congratulations to UDFA Allen George for making the roster.  He wasn't the rookie free agent we thought we would make it be good for him

He surprised me.  But I think he still doesn't make 53 because they have to account for Bates.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: How did you forget that it has been talked about all offseason. 

Well, I do work a job 50+ hours a week.  Some details of board discussion sometimes escape me..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote