Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 02:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Still, two years for a top rated player, even with the age, is not a bad deal at all.  Say they cut him after next year and have $4.5 in dead money.  That is not a big deal, especially when the cap with probably be $20 million over what it is today.

If he keeps playing at a high level, yes.  However, even though he still played great last year, he started to show signs of slowing down.  It's a risky deal for the Rams.

At the end of the day, I can't fault Whit for taking that deal and I can't really blame the Bengals for not paying that much.  Good luck to the man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What, exactly, is your definition of a beast?

Ogbuehi was a project all the way.

One does not draft projects in the first round....
Reply/Quote
Yeah...truthfully...he's going to slow down at some point.

It's likely more a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal than a 3 year deal...I'd say.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sad the Front Office let Andrew Whitworth go. I'm torqued, however, that they did not have a replacement plan in place if it happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Must admit Whit is the one I thought we'd keep and from listening to him in interviews there is no way I thought LA would be the landing spot. Seems Whit was just blowing smoke with the contender talk.

LT just became a major concern.

meh - Marvin has stated that the OL was "not a concern". I wonder if he's since changed his mind?  Hmm
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Quote:BengalFanInNJ Wrote: [url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Breaking-Whit-to-Rams?pid=353655#pid353655][/url]If they are available. There will be a run on offensive linemen late in the first round and into the second. Personally, I was hoping for Pocic in the 2nd or maybe Orlovsky from West Virginia in the 3rd but those guys are Centers. I think Elflein can play both Center or Guard so that wouldn't be a bad option either in the 2nd round if he's still available. I hate going into a draft HAVING to address a position and if Zeitler goes, Guard is now a position of need along with OT barring them signing a GOOD free-agent.

I still want Rueben Foster in the 1st.
Jon Toth, Center out of Kentucky, can play all 3 interior line positions and is the real deal. Seems more and more to be the logical choice to me...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not sad the Front Office let Andrew Whitworth go. I'm torqued, however, that they did not have a replacement plan in place if it happened.

They tried to draft a replacement but it didn't work out
Reply/Quote
Anyone who wanted us to give whit the same contract the rams did have to be nuts.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Big Whit finally had enough. He stuck it to the Bengals hard. Can't say I don't blame him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Looks like Big Whit finally had enough. He stuck it to the Bengals hard. Can't say I don't blame him.

He didn't stick it to the Bengals.  He is a free agent.
Reply/Quote
Vikings FA LT Matt Kalil might be "AN" option, maybe not "The" best option, but better then throwing Ced in there.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Looks like Big Whit finally had enough. He stuck it to the Bengals hard. Can't say I don't blame him.

Yep he showed them. He went to a transient team that is a constant cellar dweller. That'll teach 'em.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep he showed them. He went to a transient team that is a constant cellar dweller. That'll teach 'em.

Lol! He was a FA and getting too old for a 3 year deal anyway. Sometimes the fsns on here really confuse me
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he keeps playing at a high level, yes.  However, even though he still played great last year, he started to show signs of slowing down.  It's a risky deal for the Rams.

At the end of the day, I can't fault Whit for taking that deal and I can't really blame the Bengals for not paying that much.  Good luck to the man.

I understand that age is a concern, but what "sign of slowing down" are you referring to?  The guy was All-Pro in 2015, and only allowed 14 pressures on more than 500 drop backs last year.  He did not allow a sack after week five.  He was the number two rated LT last year.  You can be concerned about him being able to maintain, but he is still playing at an exceptionally high level to this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:11 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Vikings FA LT Matt Kalil might be "AN" option, maybe not "The" best option, but better then throwing Ced in there.

Kalil is going to Carolina.

The market for replacements is drying up quick. You basically have to be working on Plan B since Tues atleast.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I understand that age is a concern, but what "sign of slowing down" are you referring to?  The guy was All-Pro in 2015, and only allowed 14 pressures on more than 500 drop backs last year.  He did not allow a sack after week five.  He was the number two rated LT last year.  You can be concerned about him being able to maintain, but he is still playing at an exceptionally high level to this point.

This is a good point, but allow me a minute to explain something:

There's "Cincinnati good" and "NFL good." There's no question Andrew Whitworth was a superstar with the Bengals but would he command such attention with oh, um, let's say Dallas?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One does not draft projects in the first round....

Which is why I was so pissed when we drafted Ogbuehi in the first round XD
Reply/Quote

They drafted a replacement. He left for more money. I'm not sure the sticking to?

(03-09-2017, 03:11 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Vikings FA LT Matt Kalil might be "AN" option, maybe not "The" best option, but better then throwing Ced in there.
Big question mark after the injury. But reports are he's going to play with his brother, anyway.

(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I understand that age is a concern, but what "sign of slowing down" are you referring to?  The guy was All-Pro in 2015, and only allowed 14 pressures on more than 500 drop backs last year.  He did not allow a sack after week five.  He was the number two rated LT last year.  You can be concerned about him being able to maintain, but he is still playing at an exceptionally high level to this point.

I haven't had a chance to see what (or if) the Bengals offered, but my guess is that had something to do with it. The rumors I've heard was they were offering the same kind of money, but only wanted a 1 or 2 year deal. Which, to me, is understandable.
Reply/Quote
As Kat Terrell pointed out earlier, losing Whit not only creates an issue at LT, but also leaves a huge void in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)BengalBo Wrote: Lol! He was a FA and getting too old for a 3 year deal anyway. Sometimes the fsns on here really confuse me

He'll most likely never see the 3rd year of that contract though.  15 mill guaranteed isn't all that unreasonable...
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote