Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
With the rookies officially reporting to camp today and the rest of the team reporting on the 25th, I thought it would be a good idea to have a universal training camp thread. A place we can discuss the goings on of camp, share published stories, etc. A one stop shop of sorts.

And so it begins.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: With the rookies officially reporting to camp today and the rest of the team reporting on the 25th, I thought it would be a good idea to have a universal training camp thread. A place we can discuss the goings on of camp, share published stories, etc. A one stop shop of sorts.

And so it begins.

It is a good idea, i am excited this year. Finally got that stud Center i have been asking for for like 10 frickin' years.

Dalton might actually have a pocket to step into and we might have some semblance of a running game.

We already got the RB's and weapons, we just needed that Line and i have confidence in the guy coaching up the Line
unlike Piano Heinz 57 Man. Looking for an O-line that looks like this the closer we get to the season...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Alexander Redmond
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good idea, i am excited this year. Finally got that stud Center i have been asking for for like 10 frickin' years.

Dalton might actually have a pocket to step into and we might have some semblance of a running game.

We already got the RB's and weapons, we just needed that Line and i have confidence in the guy coaching up the Line
unlike Piano Heinz 57 Man. Looking for an O-line that looks like this the closer we get to the season...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Alexander Redmond

On paper the off-season moves look good. I’m in the “prove it” camp though. I’m certainly excited about the season but I honestly have no idea what this team is going to be. I can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5. I tend to think they fall somewhere in between And either barely miss or barely squeak into the playoffs.

But again, I have absolutely no idea what they are. There are just so many questions to be answered and I’m not sure we will have any real answers until the real regular season bullets start flying. I’m mostly just hoping the team escapes camp and the preseason without any major injuries to important pieces. They should all be bubble wrapped until September 9th.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: On paper the off-season moves look good. I’m in the “prove it” camp though. I’m certainly excited about the season but I honestly have no idea what this team is going to be. I can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5. I tend to think they fall somewhere in between And either barely miss or barely squeak into the playoffs.

But again, I have absolutely no idea what they are. There are just so many questions to be answered and I’m not sure we will have any real answers until the real regular season bullets start flying. I’m mostly just hoping the team escapes camp and the preseason without any major injuries to important pieces. They should all be bubble wrapped until September 9th.

Yes sir, have to stay healthy. The reason why i am cautiously optimistic is the O-line and the new O-line coach.

We have needed a good Center for a long damn time and we needed a new O-line coach for a long damn time.

Finally happened and adding a proven NFL giant LT that played next to our guy in college sure should help too.

Might even take away some of my gelling thoughts as Sled said in the other thread.

Nice that both Glenn and Boling played next to each other at Georgia, should help in gaining our chemistry quicker.

My ceiling is 14-2, floor is 8-8. We will win more games then last year for sure IMO.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, have to stay healthy. The reason why i am cautiously optimistic is the O-line and the new O-line coach.

We have needed a good Center for a long damn time and we needed a new O-line coach for a long damn time.

Finally happened and adding a proven NFL giant LT that played next to our guy in college sure should help too.

Might even take away some of my gelling thoughts as Sled said in the other thread.

Nice that both Glenn and Boling played next to each other at Georgia, should help in gaining our chemistry quicker.

My ceiling is 14-2, floor is 8-8. We will win more games then last year for sure IMO.
I hope your ceiling record comes to fruition. Cheers

Reply/Quote
Anyone have any actual info on how the rookies looked today?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think they just reported today. Not sure they did any actual work on the field.

Reply/Quote
Whoever goes to some of the practices, please post pics and updates if possible. Can't wait to see what these guys put together. As TRD says, He "can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5." I honestly think the teams we face this year will tell reporters after their loss that it resembled Hiroshima on August 6th, 1969. These poor bastids are not going to know what hit them! Shit is about to hit the fan!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone have any actual info on how the rookies looked today?

First practice is Thursday per schedule https://www.bengals.com/news/2018-training-camp-schedule
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good idea, i am excited this year. Finally got that stud Center i have been asking for for like 10 frickin' years.

Redmond will not be at RT.  Sorry.  :).  It will be Fisher or OG most likely unless Fisher has remaining health issues.  Maybe outside chance for Hart.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 07:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whoever goes to some of the practices, please post pics and updates if possible. Can't wait to see what these guys put together. As TRD says, He "can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5." I honestly think the teams we face this year will tell reporters after their loss that it resembled Hiroshima on August 6th, 1969. These poor bastids are not going to know what hit them! Shit is about to hit the fan!

What happened in 1969 in Hiroshima?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: On paper the off-season moves look good. I’m in the “prove it” camp though. I’m certainly excited about the season but I honestly have no idea what this team is going to be. I can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5. I tend to think they fall somewhere in between And either barely miss or barely squeak into the playoffs.

No. That is the conservative thinking I want the team to get away from. We have to go out and play as much as we can together to learn the new playbook the OC installed and let our o-line jell as much as possible before the games that count start. Yes we want to stay away from injury but not at the cost of giving away wins at the beginning of the year just cause someone might get injured. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:43 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: No. That is the conservative thinking I want the team to get away from. We have to go out and play as much as we can together to learn the new playbook the OC installed and let our o-line jell as much as possible before the games that count start. Yes we want to stay away from injury but not at the cost of giving away wins at the beginning of the year just cause someone might get injured. 

The bubble wrap was a joke. I just don’t want anyone to get injured while striving to jell and get better during camp and preseason games. Up until sept. 9th that is and will continue to be my main concern.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What happened in 1969 in Hiroshima?

Dunno about Hiroshima, but Yasgur's farm hosted a little Music & Art Fair called 'Woodstock' in August 1969.   Ninja

(07-23-2018, 08:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The bubble wrap was a joke. I just don’t want anyone to get injured while striving to jell and get better during camp and preseason games. Up until sept. 9th that is and will continue to be my main concern.

I think there's a long line behind you supporting this sentiment. Our history of injuries and poor play from replacements has us looking up way too much in the past years. I pray to the Football Gods to let this team stay in tact and on the field, for this coming year at least. Just being greedy here as I'm more than aware that injuries are part of the game. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
It's an interesting off season. I think the Bengals are clearly underrated but with that said I'm not optimistic they will be good. It's a very strange feeling.
Reply/Quote
Eifert sounding upbeat...

Reply/Quote
Football (in some form) is finally here. I'm looking forward to seeing a few things as Training camp begins...

The Oline
Rb's not named Gio.
Wideouts not named AJ.
Lb's not named Burfict, Rey.
Billings/Willis/Tupou development (if any).
QB's not named Dalton

A lot of good storylines to keep an eye on during camp.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eifert sounding upbeat...

Of course Camp is a grind to Eifert; as he usually takes the regular season off. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 10:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Football (in some form) is finally here. I'm looking forward to seeing a few things as Training camp begins...

The Oline
Rb's not named Gio.
Wideouts not named AJ.
Lb's not named Burfict, Rey.
Billings/Willis/Tupou development (if any).
QB's not named Dalton

A lot of good storylines to keep an eye on during camp.
All this and the new playbook on offense which is supposed to be more intermediate passes to push the ball deeper down the field.
Reply/Quote
CBS has this:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CIN/cincinnati-bengals

"Bengals' Brandon Bell: Placed on NFI list
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Bell (undisclosed) was placed on the Non-Football Injury list Monday, Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

The nature of Bell's injury isn't clear. When healthy, the second-year linebacker will compete for a depth role within the Bengals defense."
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote