Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Rookie LB's
This past Draft may have gotten us a core of players for the next 10 years. Logan Wilson should be getting Defensive rookie of the year looks and Gaithers is a beast to. It's hard not to get overly excited about these guys and Pratt our LB's have been bad for so long..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:07 AM)Tony Wrote: This past Draft may have gotten us a core of players for the next 10 years. Logan Wilson should be getting Defensive rookie of the year looks and Gaithers is a beast to. It's hard not to get overly excited about these guys and Pratt our LB's have been bad for so long..

In coverage they have been good. They have not been good against the run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think that as the rookie lbs improve, so will the defense.

But the middle is still soft. I hope they improve in the fun game as the year progresses. I assumed this year would be a wash but I honestly did expect at least one win by now.
Reply/Quote
So close to 2-1.... Really sucks..
Reply/Quote
Would be nice to see Bailey get active, if even for teams, just to get his feet wet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been happy with the development of Wilson and ADG. They each have had some good plays in pass coverage over the last few weeks. I wouldn't say either of them has stood out on the whole, but they have made some encouraging plays. They aren't particularly stout against the run, but that's a whole defense problem rather than an individual problem.

At this point, Wilson is light years away from DROY, as he only has 8 tackles through 3 games with 1 interception. I'd say the early favorite for the award is Chase Young with 2.5 sacks in 3 games or maybe Patrick Queen who has 15 tackles, a forced fumble and a sack through 3 games. But there's a long way to go. If Wilson can log 3 or 4 more INTs while putting up good tackle and TFL numbers, he still has a shot at DROY.
Reply/Quote
Young being out indefinitely may help the case, but it's very unlikely in real life Wilson will be defensive rookie of the year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've been happy with the development of Wilson and ADG. They each have had some good plays in pass coverage over the last few weeks. I wouldn't say either of them has stood out on the whole, but they have made some encouraging plays. They aren't particularly stout against the run, but that's a whole defense problem rather than an individual problem.

At this point, Wilson is light years away from DROY, as he only has 8 tackles through 3 games with 1 interception. I'd say the early favorite for the award is Chase Young with 2.5 sacks in 3 games or maybe Patrick Queen who has 15 tackles, a forced fumble and a sack through 3 games. But there's a long way to go. If Wilson can log 3 or 4 more INTs while putting up good tackle and TFL numbers, he still has a shot at DROY.

Queen has an abysmal PFF rating of 30.  He has flashed here and there, but he has played poorly overall.  I think Chase is the clear front runner right now so long as he can stay healthy.  All 3 of the top LB prospects have disappointed so far.  Wilson doesn't play enough to be in the running.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At this point, Wilson is light years away from DROY, as he only has 8 tackles through 3 games with 1 interception. I'd say the early favorite for the award is Chase Young with 2.5 sacks in 3 games or maybe Patrick Queen who has 15 tackles, a forced fumble and a sack through 3 games. But there's a long way to go. If Wilson can log 3 or 4 more INTs while putting up good tackle and TFL numbers, he still has a shot at DROY.

Agreed about Logan Wilson he will need to start taking more snaps away from Bynes and Pratt to compete... and the Line will have to start playing better in front of him.

Chase Young if he doesnt miss to many games is the top contender of DPOY. Behind him I would say its Antione Windfield for Tampa Bay who is playing lights out or possibly CJ Henderson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Young being out indefinitely may help the case, but it's very unlikely in real life Wilson will be defensive rookie of the year.

Isn’t he just week-to-week?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Isn’t he just week-to-week?

Ok, maybe I've been traumatized as a Bengal fan with hearing "week to week" and feeling that means indefinitely. 

Probably genuinely week to week by all other teams definition.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson has 8 tackles and an INT. He had 0 tackles vs Cleveland. I like the guy but rookie of the year??? Come on.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Logan Wilson has 8 tackles and an INT. He had 0 tackles vs Cleveland. I like the guy but rookie of the year??? Come on.

I didn't meas right now by the end of the year, He could be in that category..
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:16 AM)Tony Wrote: I didn't meas right now by the end of the year, He could be in that category..

So Logan Wilson will be DROY, Tee Higgins will pass Chad and AJ for best WR... anymore likely predictions? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So Logan Wilson will be DROY, Tee Higgins will pass Chad and AJ for best WR... anymore likely predictions? Tongue

Ummm. Burrow will be the best Bengals QB ever..
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Would be nice to see Bailey get active, if even for teams, just to get his feet wet.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
Pulling this thread up because I had a question.

Is ADG slow out there? In 2 games he has been a target for mismatch and his speed looked lacking compared to my expectation for him. Anyone else see the same?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pulling this thread up because I had a question.

Is ADG slow out there? In 2 games he has been a target for mismatch and his speed looked lacking compared to my expectation for him. Anyone else see the same?

I think that he's plenty fast, when he knows what he's doing.  What I think you are witnessing is him struggling with the learning curve associated with the complexity of the Pro Game.  No offense to the Sun Belt Conference, but he likely never seen passing offenses like in the NFL in college.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Logan Wilson has 8 tackles and an INT. He had 0 tackles vs Cleveland. I like the guy but rookie of the year??? Come on.

I don't know why, but in my head I inserted a "man" after the "come on" in your post, and it read like this...

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that he's plenty fast, when he knows what he's doing.  What I think you are witnessing is him struggling with the learning curve associated with the complexity of the Pro Game.  No offense to the Sun Belt Conference, but he likely never seen passing offenses like in the NFL in college.

This.

The fastest player on the field will look slow if his reaction time is slow.

We often make a huge deal about a difference of a couple of tenths of a second over 40 yards, but a good experienced player can easily read and react to a play a few tenths of a second faster than a rookie.
Reply/Quote