Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/3 of Amercians would refuse to hide a Jew during the Holocaust
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/poll-one-third-americans-would-827179

What would you do if you were faced with this question? Risk your life and your families lives to protect another against evil?

I thought this was interesting. And if you give it a long thought and go through all the risks it's an interesting question.

I believe we would hide them. We don't trust the gov anyway. There are a lot of risk, so I can understand why others would be scared.

Quote:One-third of American adults, if alive during the Holocaust, would refuse to hide a Jew from the Nazis.

That data comes courtesy of a scientific poll conducted as part of an odd marketing ploy to promote the digital release of the film Return to the Hiding Place, which tells the true story of Christians who risked death to shelter Jews from Nazis seeking to ship them off to death camps during World War II.
Nah, I'd be more likely to be the guy who would be duped into believing the Jews were evil. I'm more likely to believe the crap the government sells me than think for myself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2015, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nah, I'd be more likely to be the guy who would be duped into believing the Jews were evil.  I'm more likely to believe the crap the government sells me than think for myself.

Well we already know that lol.
(09-25-2015, 05:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well we already know that lol.

That's why I believe that Muslims are inherently bad and need to be stopped before they destroy our country.  Oh wait.... Ninja
(09-25-2015, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's why I believe that Muslims are inherently bad and need to be stopped before they destroy our country.  Oh wait.... Ninja

Muslims were in cahoots with the Nazi's. Still use their propaganda today. So it's not a surprise to see you go there ;P
What was "scientific" about the poll?
(09-25-2015, 06:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was "scientific" about the poll?

Not exactly sure but I thought it would be an interesting topic.
(09-25-2015, 06:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not exactly sure but I thought it would be an interesting topic.

what % of the 1/3 do you think would be 'progressives'?
(09-25-2015, 06:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not exactly sure but I thought it would be an interesting topic.

I think it is easy for people to speculate what they would do, but quite different when the rubber meets the road.
(09-25-2015, 06:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what % of the 1/3 do you think would be 'progressives'?

Depends on how many support negative eugenics.
(09-25-2015, 06:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think it is easy for people to speculate what they would do, but quite different when the rubber meets the road.

Totally agree. This would be a hard decision. Putting your family at risk for a stranger is a hard choice.
(09-25-2015, 06:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Totally agree.   This would be a hard decision.  Putting your family at risk for a stranger is a hard choice.

It's not hard for me.
I would like to think I would help fellow human beings. I would also like to think that I would have opposed slavery if I were born centuries ago. But the truth is, who knows?
NS;DR [source] Not Scholarly; Didn't Read.
If you're Jewish, think twice about being hidden by anyone under 30, because that's going right up on Facebook.
we call these people "republicans".
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(09-25-2015, 06:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think it is easy for people to speculate what they would do, but quite different when the rubber meets the road.

[Image: ee508dd9aba93242a046671f293dc0cf.jpg]

It's also pretty interesting that people who are against the ethical treatment of the current persecuted sects of people are so sure they would have stood up and put their lives on the line to fight the persecution of people in the past.

Yep, and I won't join the military now, but you can bet if I were around when WWII was in full force I would have killed Hitler personally! Ninja
(09-25-2015, 08:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: ee508dd9aba93242a046671f293dc0cf.jpg]

My wife constantly messes up idioms. this is funny to me on another level.

So what would you do?