Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2nd interview with Arizona for Lou
(02-13-2023, 07:02 PM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/.amp/news/arizona-cardinals-trending-towards-hiring-jonathan-gannon-per-report

Hopefully this trending talk is true about Gannon.  They wouldn't keep Lou waiting this long if they favored Lou and were just checking in on Gannon.

I hope that report, just an hour old, is true also. I realize many have an aspiration to belong is an exclusive club as an NFL head coach, and I certainly don't begrudge Lou that opportunity. But, as stated in Aesop's Fables, be careful what you wish for. Lou could be giving up a position where he is talented and beloved and end up in a position where he is under constant duress and hated by fans. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 07:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Arizona didnt wait until after the Super Bowl to interview Gannon if they really wanted Lou as the head coach.  I would think Gannon is probably the #1 choice which is why they waited for him with Lou being the #2 unless something happened with Gannon in the interview/negotiation process.

That's what I'm saying.  Lou reads as a fallback on the scenario.  
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear you missed the point of the post 

Your point was valid. People misspelling our key players names is just a pet peeve of mine. Especially when it’s someone as knowledgeable as you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your point was valid. People misspelling our key players names is just a pet peeve of mine. Especially when it’s someone as knowledgeable as you.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 06:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear you missed the point of the post 

That would not be the first time.. lol.. never knew this was a spell check blog site.. and thank god we are not in Russia or China.. you probably be a missing person by now...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That would not be the first time.. lol.. never knew this was a spell check blog site.. and thank god we are not in Russia or China.. you probably be a missing person by now...

Add "comrade" and say it in a Russian accent and it's perfect. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: That would not be the first time.. lol.. never knew this was a spell check blog site.. and thank god we are not in Russia or China.. you probably be a missing person by now...

[Image: 61adaa0d4b641f04915f4d243503c598.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yeah I wish we got an answer really soon so we can move on.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Add "comrade" and say it in a Russian accent and it's perfect. 

How do you know he didn't say it in a Russian accent? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:22 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I wish we got an answer really soon so we can move on.

Tired of checking every ten minutes for a update. Its after midnight here and I need to be up early for work. But some were saying maybe tonight and it only 9pm in Arizona and nothing has leaked out.
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals have supposedly announced a 1PM Eastern time press conference. Gannon is still in Arizona and still talking to the Cardinals which means of course they are going to announce Lou as HC. Does anyone know where he is right now?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:58 AM)pally Wrote: The Cardinals have announced a 1PM Eastern time press conference.  Gannon is still in Arizona and still talking to the Cardinals which means of course they are going to announce Lou as HC.  Does anyone know where he is right now?

They were still talking so he stayed over.  
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Edit: if you were asking where Lou is, put out an APB. This is going to be worse than chasing down Collins at the mall.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 11:58 AM)pally Wrote: The Cardinals have supposedly announced a 1PM Eastern time press conference.  Gannon is still in Arizona and still talking to the Cardinals which means of course they are going to announce Lou as HC.  Does anyone know where he is right now?

Eagles are apparently making a push to keep Gannon and two weeks ago Gannon said he wanted to return to the Eagles. So, my speculation is that Gannon is the Arizona choice and trying to convince Gannon to move on and be the head coach and the Eagles are offering more money to Gannon to stay. If there is a 1pm announcement, then it probably hinges on what Gannon told Arizona, not that Lou is the first choice. Just speculation, but since nothing is leaking out just yet ....

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/14/eagles-pushing-to-retain-dc-jonathan-gannon/
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 01:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: Eagles are apparently making a push to keep Gannon and two weeks ago Gannon said he wanted to return to the Eagles. So, my speculation is that Gannon is the Arizona choice and trying to convince Gannon to move on and be the head coach and the Eagles are offering more money to Gannon to stay. If there is a 1pm announcement, then it probably hinges on what Gannon told Arizona, not that Lou is the first choice. Just speculation, but since nothing is leaking out just yet ....

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/14/eagles-pushing-to-retain-dc-jonathan-gannon/

HC spots are rare limited but every year a few are available..  and if he and the eagles have another successful season he will have better options than AZ i think
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2023, 02:11 PM)pally Wrote: If everything goes ok tomorrow the job is Gannon's to turn down

I wonder if there is any Link between Gannon and the Cardinals? Also, are Lou and Gannon the only options or are there a triforce of candidates?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wonder if there is any Link between Gannon and the Cardinals? Also, are Lou and Gannon the only options or are there a triforce of candidates?

From all reports, it is down to Gannon and Lou. And that an announcement would be made soon. I couldn't find any prior link between Gannon and the Cardinals.

Gannon still there in Arizona, so probably Cardinals are trying to hammer out the details of a contract. But Gannon could also say no, as Eagles are desperate to keep him. They don't want to lose both their OC and DC in one year and also have to worry Gannon may take some of his staff to Arizona. There is a prediction that if Gannon is named as Cardinals head coach that he would name the Browns QB coach as OC.

We should  know soon, by all reports.
Reply/Quote
Just seen that Lou's OC choice if the gets the Arizona job is Klint Kubiak. Cards fans are gonna love hearing the Broncos passing game coordinator is their new OC...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Just seen that Lou's OC choice if the gets the Arizona jobs is Klint Kubiak. Cards fans are gonna love hearing the Broncos passing game coordinator is their new OC...

Russ sucked last year  Point blank    it was russ
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Just seen that Lou's OC choice if the gets the Arizona jobs is Klint Kubiak. Cards fans are gonna love hearing the Broncos passing game coordinator is their new OC...

now you know how i felt when we hired Pollack from the losing Jets and we have not had much to smile about since his hire on the Oline
Reply/Quote