Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round pick #33
(02-22-2020, 12:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: Which word? I'd, say, the, odds, of, a, wr, there, go, up or exponentially?  I'm guessing exponentially, but only because it appears to be a $15 word as opposed to a .12 cent word like the rest.   Smirk
I agree though. If Green is gone they'll absolutely go wr..

Your cogitation on the equivalence my correspondence is discombobulated, but a legitimate conclusion.

Mellow 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haven’t they traded down and acquired more picks in the second round last 3 years? I’m guess that’s a high probability.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Draft Denzel Mims at 33.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 06:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we damn well better be

Need to at the very least bring in a decent Linebacker.

I expect us to do this anyways.

Thuney and Trevathan are the guys I want but it is high expectations considering our history.

I think we will be a little more active than usual in FA this year considering last season, us having the first overall pick, needing
a QB and Burrow having such an unprecedented season right when we need this exact type of QB.

(02-21-2020, 07:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's funny, cuz Jones was considered a developmental prospect in the mid 2nd to high 3rd round range.

And then he destroyed the whole Senior bowl and was instantly anointed a day 1 starter.

It's crazy how quickly expectations change based on off season workouts and all star games.

But yea, I mean I'm so excited to see the CBs develop and what we do at RT. I'd love any of those players, but Jones is the golden goose, imo.

Yeah, Jones shown he can play great against top competition during the Senior Bowl. This is what I like to see in a player
we draft. I think if we started off the Draft with Burrow and Jones that would be the most ideal scenario IMO.

(02-21-2020, 07:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm in the minority, but we don't need more ol. What we had was getting better and supposedly Jonah is healthy.

Like I said, if be happy with a lb or dl at that spot, but I wouldn't hate a wr either. As someone mentioned, it's a good wr class, we can likely get a quality wr all the way to the third.

Could get a damn good WR in the 4th this year. That is how good of a class it is.

We need better Guards period. Thuney, Scherff, Glasgow I don't care. One of these guys would help the team immensely.

(02-22-2020, 01:07 AM)jason Wrote: You've been around long enough to know that neither Thuney nor Trevathen are on this team's radar. Hell I wanted Trevathen back when we had Burfict. Maybe when he's completely spent we'll get him like we did Dansby... I almost forget that he ever played here. He killed it for the Browns while we square pegged a round hole with Harrison... Who also had a resurgence when he left here.

To be fair that was when Marv was here, we will see. We finally made a good LB pick last Draft with Pratt.

Maybe with a new staff we will have better luck with the Linebackers.

The FO cannot just ignore FA this Offseason with the blatant weaknesses at Guard and at LB.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chase Young at #1 and our QB at #33. Ninja

No.  I leaned to Young until i saw Burrow play Okl + Clemson....wow.  MONEY. Best games when it counts.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 04:43 PM)redwood Wrote: No.  I leaned to Young until i saw Burrow play Okl + Clemson....wow.  MONEY. Best games when it counts.

Same here, was thinking Burrow was receiving a little too much hype until he started beating the best.

Then you look back and watch his season and it was the best ever by a QB.

Runyan blocked Young very well in the rivalry game. Starting to lean Runyan at 33.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 09:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, was thinking Burrow was receiving a little too much hype until he started beating the best.

Then you look back and watch his season and it was the best ever by a QB.

Runyan blocked Young very well in the rivalry game. Starting to lean Runyan at 33.

Im very pro OL early but Im pretty sure its going to be LB or CB at pick 33. Zach Baun, Kenneth Murray or Damon Arnette, one of them will be a Bengal. 

Remember Anarumo uses a hybrid defensive scheme and he really covets a guy who can line up at either edge or LB to show different fronts and Zachs natural talent at Wisconson made him that type of defender. I think Zach is the defender Lou is missing other than just talent.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 09:48 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Im very pro OL early but Im pretty sure its going to be LB or CB at pick 33. Zach Baun, Kenneth Murray or Damon Arnette, one of them will be a Bengal. 

Remember Anarumo uses a hybrid defensive scheme and he really covets a guy who can line up at either edge or LB to show different fronts and Zachs natural talent at Wisconson made him that type of defender. I think Zach is the defender Lou is missing other than just talent.

Could be right, I am just thinking it is more likely they go after a LB in FA over OL.

I like Baun from what I saw last season, like those backers honestly and Queen.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for oline or lb here, just as most seem to be.

Ts, #33 is sort of a luxery/gamble spot. There should be several players available, that were supposed to be first rounders. It's a spot where they could potentially pick up a weapon with a first round grade.
I'm all for drafting for need, but #33 is a tricky spot, and also a good one to be in.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd honestly love to see that pick traded. It's a very interesting and coveted spot which could allow us to go a couple of different ways.

1.) If there is a player you absolutely love and have targeted, that may have fallen, trade up a few spots and snag them.

2.) Look for a team that covets Jordan Love or Jake Fromm and get a nice return on moving down a few spots.

Personally, I would lean heavily towards #2. My ideal scenario, although unlikely, would be...

-Trade AJ. Or, less ideal, let him walk.
-Use cap savings on stud OT or LB
-Trade down from 33 and charge an arm and a leg so someone can draft their QB there.
-Draft Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson or another WR from this deep class with 2nd

Result = Multiple extra picks from trade(s), cap savings from no AJ, and a WR corp of Boyd, Higgins/Jefferson, Tate, Ross...

Patrick Queen to the Queen city,he is a beast and a 1st round talent,might have to trade back into the 1st to get him.He will go in the first and he is a winner.Born in August,a person that is a born fighter.Like Boomer E. , Big Anthony Munoz,Tom Brady,A.J. Green all born in august.
Reply/Quote
I think if queen, Murray or Baun are there, that’s the pick. If not I think they go cb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right, I am just thinking it is more likely they go after a LB in FA over OL.

I like Baun from what I saw last season, like those backers honestly and Queen.

I am a fan of Baun and Epenesa as well.

Epenesa
Baun
AJ Terrell
Kenneth Murray
Neville Gallimore

So there's no telling who falls at this point. But they are all talented.
Reply/Quote
WR Brandin Aiyuk from Arizona St. guy is tuff as nails reminds me of Deebo from the 49ers n Cardinals WR Boldin . He’s great run after catch n can play special teams. Him , Boyd n AJ Green with Mixon n Burrow would make me a happy Panda. My 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 03:12 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: WR Brandin Aiyuk from Arizona St.   guy is tuff as nails reminds me of Deebo from the 49ers n Cardinals WR Boldin . He’s great run after catch n can play special teams.  Him , Boyd n AJ Green with Mixon n Burrow would make me a happy Panda.   My 2nd round pick.

I like this kid as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 04:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd honestly love to see that pick traded. It's a very interesting and coveted spot which could allow us to go a couple of different ways.

1.) If there is a player you absolutely love and have targeted, that may have fallen, trade up a few spots and snag them.

2.) Look for a team that covets Jordan Love or Jake Fromm and get a nice return on moving down a few spots.

Personally, I would lean heavily towards #2. My ideal scenario, although unlikely, would be...

-Trade AJ. Or, less ideal, let him walk.
-Use cap savings on stud OT or LB
-Trade down from 33 and charge an arm and a leg so someone can draft their QB there.
-Draft Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson or another WR from this deep class with 2nd

Result = Multiple extra picks from trade(s), cap savings from no AJ, and a WR corp of Boyd, Higgins/Jefferson, Tate, Ross...

If a team covets Love or Fromm aren't they going to trade up to the back of the first to take them so as to get the 5th year option e.g. like Ravens for Lamar Jackson in 2018, Vikings for Bridgewater in 2014, Redskins for Patrick Ramsey in 2002? All taken with the 32nd pick.

Since 2000 the 33rd pick has only been traded 4 times and never for a QB.
One was the previous year before they knew it was the 33rd, one was trading up into the first leaving just two teams trading up for the 33rd.

2017 Browns moved up from 33rd to 29th for Ndjoku
2015 Giants traded up from 40 to 33 for Landon Collins (cost them 108th and 245th)
2010 the Patriots received a 2011 2nd round pick from Carolina that turned out to be the 33rd
2007 Cardinals moved up from 38 to 33rd for Alan Branch (the Raiders received the 105th)
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2020, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to at the very least bring in a decent Linebacker.

I expect us to do this anyways.

Thuney and Trevathan are the guys I want but it is high expectations considering our history.

I think we will be a little more active than usual in FA this year considering last season, us having the first overall pick, needing
a QB and Burrow having such an unprecedented season right when we need this exact type of QB.

Yeah, Jones shown he can play great against top competition during the Senior Bowl. This is what I like to see in a player
we draft. I think if we started off the Draft with Burrow and Jones that would be the most ideal scenario IMO.

Could get a damn good WR in the 4th this year. That is how good of a class it is.

We need better Guards period. Thuney, Scherff, Glasgow I don't care. One of these guys would help the team immensely.

To be fair that was when Marv was here, we will see. We finally made a good LB pick last Draft with Pratt.

Maybe with a new staff we will have better luck with the Linebackers.

The FO cannot just ignore FA this Offseason with the blatant weaknesses at Guard and at LB.

We can (and should) pick up a guard through FA. Hell, trade Dalton for a guard. I wouldn't pick a guard in the second this year, not with the need at wr, lb and needing replacements soon on the DL. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How about neither and we sign Tom Brady to a 10 year $10 Billion contract?  Mellow

Someone's in the mood for super bowls.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 08:15 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: If a team covets Love or Fromm aren't they going to trade up to the back of the first to take them so as to get the 5th year option e.g. like Ravens for Lamar Jackson in 2018, Vikings for Bridgewater in 2014, Redskins for Patrick Ramsey in 2002? All taken with the 32nd pick.

Since 2000 the 33rd pick has only been traded 4 times and never for a QB.
One was the previous year before they knew it was the 33rd, one was trading up into the first leaving just two teams trading up for the 33rd.

2017 Browns moved up from 33rd to 29th for Ndjoku
2015 Giants traded up from 40 to 33 for Landon Collins (cost them 108th and 245th)
2010 the Patriots received a 2011 2nd round pick from Carolina that turned out to be the 33rd
2007 Cardinals moved up from 38 to 33rd for Alan Branch (the Raiders received the 105th)

What? You're not in favor of trading #33 for future potential comp picks? Mike Brown might. I can almost hear his brain ticking.. Let's see..trade #33 to some team who might lose a starter in free agency for their comp pick(s) in the bottom of the 6th round! MB's ticking time bomb.........tick....tick......tick...........tick................t...i...c...k..... Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I am a fan of Baun and Epenesa as well.

Epenesa
Baun
AJ Terrell
Kenneth Murray
Neville Gallimore

So there's no telling who falls at this point. But they are all talented.

Also like Gaither in the mid rounds, nice list.

Queen played great in the big game so that is why he is on every one's radar and being talked about as a first round pick.

Before the big game against Clemson he was a mid rounder according to most.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 03:12 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: WR Brandin Aiyuk from Arizona St.   guy is tuff as nails reminds me of Deebo from the 49ers n Cardinals WR Boldin . He’s great run after catch n can play special teams.  Him , Boyd n AJ Green with Mixon n Burrow would make me a happy Panda.   My 2nd round pick.

Nice comparison on Aiyuk. Hopefully we get someone like Glasgow and Schobert or another LB'er in FA so we can get either 
this guy, Mims or Shenault at 33.
Reply/Quote