Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-22-2020, 07:03 PM)sloSTI Wrote: What if lawrence stays at Clemson another year, this whole theory is busted.

I honestly hope he does.

I love Clemson, and think Lawrence is going to be a very special player in the NFL (pretty sure I haven't hidden that belief).

I would really hate to see him end up like Darnold was in New York, wasting away on a shit team.

If he stays, Fields goes #1 and Jacksonville has an interesting choice to make. Might be worth it for them to take the stud LT and get a guy like Fitzmagic to hold it down a season and build the line and not get their rookie QB killed or hurt, then draft one the following season.........   Whatever Whatever Whatever

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best case we lose out and draft Penei Sewell. No more of this not paying guards shit sign Joe Thuney in free agency and project the franchise at all costs !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Who is that? You blame Jordan.. come like saying our rookie QB held the ball too long

This is a top 5 dumbest post this year. On any media platform. And it's 2020. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they were smart they’d pay Thuney. But I’m sure we’ll roll with career backups like XSF. Because Bengals.

I would love to see them spend on a quality Guard... hell if not Thuney, bring back Zeitler. I believe the Giants were open to moving him/possible cap saving cut. Never should have let him leave to start with... him or Whit for that matter.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I honestly hope he does.

I love Clemson, and think Lawrence is going to be a very special player in the NFL (pretty sure I haven't hidden that belief).

I would really hate to see him end up like Darnold was in New York, wasting away on a shit team.

If he stays, Fields goes #1 and Jacksonville has an interesting choice to make. Might be worth it for them to take the stud LT and get a guy like Fitzmagic to hold it down a season and build the line and not get their rookie QB killed or hurt, then draft one the following season.........   Whatever Whatever Whatever

But if they have to amputate Burrow’s leg (not unlikely given our medical history) and Lawrence stays he could end up with an even worse fate than the Jets...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But if they have to amputate Burrow’s leg (not unlikely given our medical history) and Lawrence stays he could end up with an even worse fate than the Jets...

[Image: 3ab8064801538ac45ac5cfde5004c853.gif]

Reply/Quote
If we draft Sewell were moving Williams to LG next season. Their not going to move on from Hart after him having a good season ( at least according to PFF).
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re an absolute ***** clown. How could you waste so much time on a football message board and still be so utterly clueless? JFC it’s truly remarkable.

HE GOT HIT AFTER HE THREW THE BALL.

Did Tayler call a go route on that play?From the 2 yard line?I hope not.AJ Green was wide open in the middle of the field past the first down marker,but it appeared Burrow was looking to go deep and then changed his mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:15 PM)J24 Wrote: If we draft Sewell were moving Williams to LG next season. Their not going to move on from Hart after him having a good season ( at least according to PFF).

That could work. Are we assuming Xavier S will be at RG next year? According to PFF he was very good though the sample size was very small:

https://i.redd.it/bcz7rc7potz51.png

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That could work. Are we assuming Xavier S will be at RG next year? According to PFF he was very good though the sample size was very small:

https://i.redd.it/bcz7rc7potz51.png

I assuming it would be spain at RG
RT- Hart
RG- Spain
C- Hopkins
LG- Williams
LT- Sewell
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sewell, Spain and Williams is a great start... but still have that giant ass hole at LG.

That will be filled by signing Joe Thuney as a Free agent at all cost.

LT Sewell LG Thuney C Hopkins RG Spain RT Williams.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:47 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That will be filled by signing Joe Thuney as a Free agent at all cost.

LT Sewell LG Spain C Hopkins RG Thuney RT Williams.

Clown shoes Taylor is already defending the OL. We’re not bringing in a top guy like Thuney.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:47 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That will be filled by signing Joe Thuney as a Free agent at all cost.

LT Sewell LG Spain C Hopkins RG Thuney RT Williams.

Would certainly be nice. Has Williams ever played RT or Sewell?

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Would certainly be nice. Has Williams ever played RT or Sewell?

Williams did in college.
J24

Reply/Quote
Sewell + Thuney off season any less would be a disaster after what happened today.

It's time for Mike Brown and Co. to invest in O-Line instead of playing with their toys.

God lets hope Burrow has his magic still.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:52 PM)J24 Wrote: Williams did in college.

I'm on board with that then.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would love to see them spend on a quality Guard... hell if not Thuney, bring back Zeitler. I believe the Giants were open to moving him/possible cap saving cut. Never should have let him leave to start with... him or Whit for that matter.

Never gonna happen. Mike Brown doesn’t pay top dollar for offensive linemen. Zeitler and Whit are the most recent examples of his thought process. Let them go and then draft the studs like Ogbeuhi, Fisher, and Price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
SUCK for SEWELL is my new mantra
Reply/Quote
This is not complicated. If we are at #3, take Sewell. Move Jonah to RT. OT should be set for a decade.

Then sign the friggin' best available FA guard available. Period. Thuney. Warford. Whomever.

Spain + XSF can cover the other guard spot and be our prinary reserve OG.

So, the OL I am feeling good about:
OT: Sewell, J. Williams; Adeniji
OG: FA stud, XSF, Spain
C: Hopkins

That's 7. Hart becomes an expensive backup at $6.9 mil with only $1 mil in Dead cap money if he is cut loose. He clearly is our next best lineman. And is a good run blocker. Could maybe play some G. Keep him unless the money gets tight. OT is one spot where I don't necessarily mind a fairly well paid backup.

Price is next. He costs $3.7 or so with $1.6 in dead cap. If we think Finney is just as good, boot Price.

If we want to keep Fred & Jordan as low priced projects as the #9/#10 lineman on the roster, or PS guys, fine. But neither should be anywhere near a starting job. #4 OT/OG is as high as they should be at present. Ditto Redmond.
Reply/Quote
Keep looking ahead to the next draft ?

Does it even matter.

What FINALLY changed in the Browns organization to turn them around??

Could it be the new owner who took over in 2012?
Reply/Quote