Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-22-2020, 10:47 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Even if Burrow's injury was career ending (which it's not) you still take Sewell.

Yep. Burrow was about as pro ready as a rookie QB can be. And he still couldn’t make it through an entire season behind these scrubs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ridiculous mentality. I know emotions are running high, but you don’t give up on Burrow unless it’s truly a career ending injury (very unlikely).

All bets are off with Burrow post injury. We are back to square one. No one knows what we'll have with him once he recovers. 

It really all depends on if they reset at HC. You can't handcuff a new staff with this thinking. 

We have to be open now as the future at the position faces uncertainty.

Bad seasons are to be expected but 2 win seasons shouldn't come around often even in down years. You don't pass on a Franchise QB unless you know you have one when you pick that high. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: All bets are off with Burrow post injury. We are back to square one. No one knows what we'll have with him once he recovers. 

It really all depends on if they reset at HC. You can't handcuff a new staff with this thinking. 

Bad seasons are to be expected but 2 win seasons shouldn't come around often even in down years. You don't pass on a Franchise QB unless you know you have one when you pick that high. 

We do. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: This worries me.

Carson Palmer had mental issues about stepping into passes for years...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Joe Burrow is not some west coast cry baby....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We do. 

We did...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thanks doctor.

You  can't pass on a potential Franchise QB unless you know you have one. Not that high.

I know it sucks.

Reply/Quote
You pick Sewell. If this team does something stupid and trades back I don’t expect much more than another 2 win season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: All bets are off with Burrow post injury. We are back to square one. No one knows what we'll have with him once he recovers. 

Again, stupid mentality. Taylor’s old boss took a QB he was “handcuffed” with to the Super Bowl within 2 years.

And we will know Burrow’s medicals long before the draft.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We do. 

We did.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: We did.

You're nuts.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, stupid mentality. Taylor’s old boss took a QB he was “handcuffed” with to the Super Bowl within 2 years.

And we will know Burrow’s medicals long before the draft.

Burrow's medicals won't tell us how he'll play post injury. 

The reality of what we'll wake up to tomorrow morning is we have questions concerning our QB of the future. Not what we thought or wanted, but where we are at.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: You  can't pass on a potential Franchise QB unless you know you have one. Not that high.

I know it sucks.

1. We do have one.

2. If we don’t then our trash OL ended his career and we should not even begin to think about putting another top 5 QB behind them until we get it straightened out. That would be beyond dumb.

We’re not going to have a shot at the top 2 guys anyway. I know some of you are dying to take your boy Fields, but it ain’t happening.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're nuts.

Do you know if he'll ever be the same?

If no, then we don't know (we don't rather we like it or not). 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow's medicals won't tell us how he'll play post injury. 

The reality of what we'll wake up to tomorrow morning is we have questions concerning our QB of the future. Not what we thought or wanted, but where we are at.

If he’s cleared medically he’s our QB. Period.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow's medicals won't tell us how he'll play post injury. 

When was the last QB to tear an ACL not come back somewhat normal? Don't use Alex Smith, as he about died on the table and was at tail end of his career anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're nuts.

Probably wants Andy back...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Do you know if he'll ever be the same?

If no, then we don't know (we don't rather we like it or not). 

He will be exactly the same.

Why are people worried? He traveled home with the team and was moving around under his own power.

You people worry so damn much for something that isn't in your control and has 0 effect on your livelihood.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1. We do have one.

2. If we don’t then our trash OL ended his career and we should not even begin to think about putting another top 5 QB behind them until we get it straightened out. That would be beyond dumb.

We’re not going to have a shot at the top 2 guys anyway. I know some of you are dying to take your boy Fields, but it ain’t happening.

I wouldn't say his career is over. Just that if there is a new staff (best case scenario), then a QB at 3 must be an option given the uncertainty. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn't say his career is over. Just that if there is a new staff (best case scenario), then a QB at 3 must be an option given the uncertainty. 

Any Coach that comes here will come under the assumption they will be working with JB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn't say his career is over. Just that if there is a new staff (best case scenario), then a QB at 3 must be an option given the uncertainty. 

There is no QB worth taking at 3. Stupid conversation is stupid.

Reply/Quote