Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-22-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re an absolute ***** clown. How could you waste so much time on a football message board and still be so utterly clueless? JFC it’s truly remarkable.

HE GOT HIT AFTER HE THREW THE BALL.

Dude Burrow got hit low, and it was caused by the Bengal lineman driving the defender low. Burrow would have been hit at the waist had the Cincy lineman not drove him low.  That's just a fact
Reply/Quote
C'mon..Bungles will pick a kicker who's worse than Randy @3..then cut him, he'll get signed by Pittsburg and break every kicker record ever made.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:54 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Dude Burrow got hit low, and it was caused by the Bengal lineman driving the defender low. Burrow would have been hit at the waist had the Cincy lineman not drove him low.  That's just a fact

I have no idea what your point is? Are you trying to defend Jordan or are you agreeing with me?

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:06 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This isn't about blame, this is about Jordan getting abused each and every week out there. This team has one option at G that doesn't suck. Spain. Jordan gets blown up, Redmon is a walking penalty and XSF is an unknown that is injured.

Also, as Nico points out above, the hell dude??? Burrow did not hold the ball long on his injury play at all. He was waiting for the deep route to develop and threw the ball on time to a WR.

Yes, he has taken sacks this year from holding it too long, but this was not even remotely the case when Allen (who I am sending a box to with his picture and my shit on top of it too) was tackled/dove/crashed into Burrow's knee.

As much as we've disagreed at times past, you are correct on this 100%. Burrow let a route develop and tossed the ball to the WR on time (almost completed the pass) and was hit into his plant leg after the pass was gone.... not sure how anyone blames him for it... even a Chargers fan should see it was a well timed throw.
This worries me.

Carson Palmer had mental issues about stepping into passes for years...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
With Dallas winning, it's looking like no higher than the 3rd pick is a lock. QB can't be off the table.

Dependent on the injury and if there's a new staff.

It's late in the year, and it's a significant injury, the uncertainty of how Burrow will look post recovery means you'd have a decision to make if a QB is available.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Lawrence or Fields can not be off the board now. Burrow may never be the same again. We all knew this was going to happen when the organization decided that the o-line was fine as is. They scrap heaped a few guys but never really solidified it....to Joe Burrow’s demise. Tank for Trevor needs to be in play. Also...... Zac Taylor HAS TO GO! The guy is a bum!
Reply/Quote
QBs could ( should ) refuse to play here. There was false rumors about Burrow doing that this past year. I would think a player has much greater reason to do that now.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Lawrence or Fields can not be off the board now. Burrow may never be the same again. We all knew this was going to happen when the organization decided that the o-line was fine as is. They scrap heaped a few guys but never really solidified it....to Joe Burrow’s demise. Tank for Trevor needs to be in play. Also...... Zac Taylor HAS TO GO! The guy is a bum!

You want to get another QB injured? How ***** stupid are people? Either draft Sewell or trade back and go OL later. Pretty simple really.

Reply/Quote
Nah we owe Burrow to give him through his rookie contract

Anyone advocating for another QB right now is a clown. This isn't Madden 21
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Lawrence or Fields can not be off the board now. Burrow may never be the same again. We all knew this was going to happen when the organization decided that the o-line was fine as is. They scrap heaped a few guys but never really solidified it....to Joe Burrow’s demise. Tank for Trevor needs to be in play. Also...... Zac Taylor HAS TO GO! The guy is a bum!

I get the sentiment, but if Burrow ends up having a ton ACL and not much else, then he's still your guy.  That's very fixable in this day and age.  Even players that run and cut more than quarterbacks come back to form after ACL surgeries.  The injury would have to be a lot more catastrophic to get me looking at quarterbacks with that pick, particularly when there's a guy likely to be there that's being called a generational talent at OT.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You want to get another QB injured? How ***** stupid are people? Either draft Sewell or trade back and go OL later. Pretty simple really.

You go get the best 2 OL in free agency. It’s what they should’ve done with Burrow. You need seasoned linemen that are proven. Even good rookies are a gamble.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You want to get another QB injured? How ***** stupid are people? Either draft Sewell or trade back and go OL later. Pretty simple really.

You may not be in the position to grab a Franchise QB again (ideally not picking top 3).

Until you know you have a Franchise QB (and with the injury we no longer know that), then you have to to take one. It's the most important position on the team. As long as it's not a reach. 

Besides, people want a new Coaching staff. That typically comes with a new QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I go tackle if Sewell is available, if not trade back to fill more holes
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: You go get the best 2 OL in free agency. It’s what they should’ve done with Burrow. You need seasoned linemen that are proven. Even good rookies are a gamble.

That involves them actually agreeing to come here. And Sewell is as close to a sure thing as you can get. OSU QB’s otoh...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: You may not be in the position to grab a Franchise QB again (ideally not picking top 3).

Until you know you have a Franchise QB (and with the injury we no longer know that), then you have to to take one. It's the most important position on the team. As long as it's not a reach. 

Besides, people want a new Coaching staff. That typically comes with a new QB.

Ridiculous mentality. I know emotions are running high, but you don’t give up on Burrow unless it’s truly a career ending injury (very unlikely).

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ridiculous mentality. I know emotions are running high, but you don’t give up on Burrow unless it’s truly a career ending injury (very unlikely).

After seeing what happened to Joe’s knee, it looked like he shredded every ligament and tendon in it. Pretty gruesome. He may recover at some point, but he may not either. You need to prepare like he won’t and hope that he does.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:32 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: After seeing what happened to Joe’s knee, it looked like he shredded every ligament and tendon in it. Pretty gruesome. He may recover at some point, but he may not either. You need to prepare like he won’t and hope that he does.

Thanks doctor.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thanks doctor.

Actually am
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:39 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Actually am

[Image: 7852c531d50138226723d0f0d6348630.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Even if Burrow's injury was career ending (which it's not) you still take Sewell.
Reply/Quote