Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-23-2020, 12:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Have they said how bad it is?

Most likely just an ACL but even if it's other ligaments he's still coming back. Like others have said this isn't the 90's, or even 15 years ago like with Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: This thread is about the 3rd pick. I'm presenting the argument that QB could be in the discussion given what happened today.

I think you need to step off the ledge man. Unless and until they announce his injury is like alex smiths or Bridgewater’s then the chicken little routine is a little premature. Assuming “just” a torn acl he will be back. He will have to get over the mental hurdle of having people around his legs again.

Assuming Lawrence and fields are gone what qb do you take at 3? Even knowing you would be passing up the bpa at 3.

And wouldn’t it be insanity to put another high qb pick behind this line? I’d rather get a line in here first before worrying about what burrow may or may not be next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Penei Sewell is the best tackle to come out in the draft in the last 15 years. Draft him at 3 N don't look back . You'll have stud protecting Burrow for the next decade or more .. easiest pick in a long time. If Fields begins to suck QB Wilson out of BYU will get the second spot....
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: This thread is about the 3rd pick. I'm presenting the argument that QB could be in the discussion given what happened today.

Nope. Not even a consideration.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:36 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think you need to step off the ledge man. Unless and until they announce his injury is like alex smiths or Bridgewater’s then the chicken little routine is a little premature. Assuming “just” a torn acl he will be back. He will have to get over the mental hurdle of having people around his legs again.

Assuming Lawrence and fields are gone what qb do you take at 3? Even knowing you would be passing up the bpa at 3.

And wouldn’t it be insanity to put another high qb pick behind this line? I’d rather get a line in here first before worrying about what burrow may or may not be next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This times 100. Regardless of the injury to Burrow, at #3 you start thinking about building the line for whoever the QB is in 2022 and beyond. Maybe it’s Joe, maybe it’s another rookie in a couple of years. Either way, you start building the dayum line now.
Reply/Quote
Not topic related but we should start a go fund me to send Joe to Dr. Andrews and not our crack pots.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Right. Like we worried he'd get hurt? Bengals fans wouldn't have to worry so much if so much of the worry didn't turn out to be warranted. 

(11-22-2020, 11:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Forced players from old regime on new HC..... Rinse wash repeat. 

And who is going to come here with that already established. Another no name, no record Zac Taylor type. 

(11-22-2020, 11:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Old reliable Dalton go to. 

Is Dalton available at pick 3? I didn't think so, so who is thinking about Dalton but you right now?

(11-22-2020, 11:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nobody is killing for Joe Burrow until they see how he plays post injury. 

(11-23-2020, 12:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: A fairytale? Today was a nightmare. 

And nobody knows anything about how he'll come out of this playing. 

(11-23-2020, 12:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: You think that's my fairytale? Your just taking shots. Burrow going down today with such a brutal injury (it looked like it was more than "just" the ACL), isn't what anyone wanted. 

But you don't pass up on a QB worthy of a top 3 pick unless you know for sure you have a Franchise QB. And we don't.

If Zac stays then obviously this is moot. But if people want to clean house, you have to be open to all options. 

(11-23-2020, 12:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: He'll play again as the Teddy B's etc have. 

Will he play up to the same level is what we don't know. 

(11-23-2020, 12:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Have they said how bad it is?

I was wrong; you're not nuts.

You're BEYOND nuts.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:50 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Not topic related but we should start a go fund me to send Joe to Dr. Andrews and not our crack pots.

If Burrows agent and family are smart they have already made the call to Gulf Brreze and scheduled the appointment....and don’t listen to whatever the Bengals tell them
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Old reliable Dalton go to. 

Is Dalton available at pick 3? I didn't think so, so who is thinking about Dalton but you right now?

All of you clowns who never got on board with Burrow in the first place.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well, Dalton did throw 3 TDs today and got a win.  Ninja Ninja

I’m surprised we don’t have several threads about it.

Reply/Quote
Were staring at losing 5 key defensive players on our roster that will need to be replaced.
Dunlap(already gone), Atkins, Lawson, Alexander, and Jackson. If some gives you a good trade for the #3 pick then you have to think about it at the very least.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Were staring at losing 5 key defensive players on our roster that will need to be replaced.
Dunlap(already gone), Atkins, Lawson, Alexander, and Jackson. If some gives you a good trade for the #3 pick then you have to think about it at the very least.

Think about it all you want but it needs to basically be a QB type haul to pass on Sewell. Nothing should be more important going forward than protecting Joe Burrow and Sewell is a good start.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 11:39 PM)ah5 Wrote: Joe Burrow is not some west coast cry baby....

WhoDey2 That he is not... Hilarious
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Ja'marr Chase would have to be in the conversation.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think about it all you want but it needs to basically be a QB type haul to pass on Sewell. Nothing should be more important going forward than protecting Joe Burrow and Sewell is a good start.

I'm not disputing that it has to be a big time haul but if someone offers us that we have to consider it.
For example if Miami offers us the 8th overall, 17th overall, 49th overall for the third pick then that would be tempting. 
I just did a mock draft on the draft network an with that haul we would get Farley from Tech(#1 CB), Pitts at TE(#1 TE), Leatherwood at G, and Rashard Hamlicar at Edge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Best case we lose out and draft Penei Sewell. No more of this not paying guards shit sign Joe Thuney in free agency and project the franchise at all costs !

Draft Sewell with the 3rd pick to play LT. Sign Taylor Moton to play RT.  Put Adeniji at RG and move Williams to LG.   Hopkins/Price at C.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I was wrong; you're not nuts.

You're BEYOND nuts.

It's almost as if he WANTS Joe Burrow's career to be over. Burrow will be fine and will be our starting QB next year. He was already joking on social media that we can't get rid of him that easy. He is not some fragile California kid. They will fix his knee and he will be 100%. There is no quit in this kid.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why trade Sewell?

Say Sewell is the pick the Bengals covet, and the Redskins are picking at #4 behind us.  They want one of the big 3 QBs.  There could be a scenario where you slide one pick, get an additional 3rd or something, and still get Sewell.  

I am just trying to point out that the #3 overall pick has some serious value and could help the Bengals.  We know Finley won't win any games, and with Covid protocols I doubt they bring in someone else.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: What 3rd QB do you think teams would be giving up a lot for? There's literally no one after Lawrence and Fields. Especially in a year like this where someone possible hasn't had a chance to come out. Maybe Trask will get up there but we'll see I guess.

We need to fill a lot of positions. There's no reason to trade out of the 3rd spot especially since there's not going to be much trade value. 

If we slip into the 1st or 2nd slot then I can get on board with trading. 

Uh, Kyle Trask from Florida has been improving his odds of winning the Heisman every week, especially with Clemson missing so many games and Field's recent 3 INT game.  

Last year, I think the Lions were hoping for some trade equity, but this year there will be three very successful rookie QBs that I think will help the class of QBs in next year's draft.  

Having a QB on a rookie deal is huge for a team.  Believe me, there will be teams hungry for #3, and one could be the team at #4 or #5.  Even sliding two spots could yield an additional 3rd rounder.  We will have to wait and see, but there will be a lot more value than if the Bengals rattled off 3-5 more wins with Burrow.

Not what I wanted by any means, but hoping something positive comes out of it.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All of you clowns who never got on board with Burrow in the first place.

This is a lie. I was one of the first around here to spot Burrow last September. Your personal insults have to stop. You got away with them yesterday because emotions were high, and I know you are upset as we all are but this isn't a good look.

Palmer, never gave us a season like he did in 2015 prior to injury.

Rather we like it or not, Burrow may never reach the highs he could have.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote