Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-23-2020, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's almost as if he WANTS Joe Burrow's career to be over. Burrow will be fine and will be our starting QB next year. He was already joking on social media that we can't get rid of him that easy. He is not some fragile California kid. They will fix his knee and he will be 100%. There is no quit in this kid.

You never know how an athlete will recover from a reconstructed knee. Until you see them on the field. 

Important to note, Burrow will be 25 next year. Not 22.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m surprised we don’t have several threads about it.

How about you quit bringing him up so much as a crutch when you can't take any bad news about Burrow and folks will follow suit. 

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:36 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Assuming Lawrence and fields are gone what qb do you take at 3?  Even knowing you would be passing up the bpa at 3.  

Not impressed with Fields. Lawrence (which we won't get a shot at) or Trey Lance would be my pick if QB was an option. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:44 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Draft a GOOD goddamn offensive lineman you idiot organization.

Fixed it for ya...It isn't like they haven't drafted linemen:

Ogbuehi
Fisher
Trade for Cordy Glenn
Price
Jordan
Williams
Adeniji
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:37 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nope. Not even a consideration.

Always a consideration when you are picking in the top 3 and your starting qb only has 2 wins to his name coming off significant injury.

Not saying one will be selected, but to not even consider it would be incompetence.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sewell, Spain and Williams is a great start... but still have that giant ass hole at LG.

Sorry, I chuckled at this because I pictured Mike Jordan like at the end of the movie "Waiting" (if you haven't seen it, hilarious dumb humor) saying "What the hell did I ever do to you, man?"

I know you were describing the vacancy of talent and not the man, but it still made me laugh...
Reply/Quote
Any discussion that goes past drafting Penei Sewell is crazy. Every day this board has a discussion about rebuilding that line and how winning in the trenches is how you win esp in the AFCN. To even consider giving up the best lineman prospect in years with the needs of our OL is unthinkable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:15 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Never gonna happen.  Mike Brown doesn’t pay top dollar for offensive linemen. Zeitler and Whit are the most recent examples of his thought process.  Let them go and then draft the studs like Ogbeuhi, Fisher, and Price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also said they never would spend in FA and they were one of the most active this year.  Sure, it had some back luck with injuries, but you get the point.  

They know that their window is open now with Burrow on a rookie deal.  They have moves they could make to get Thuney.  It makes a ton of sense to me.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:37 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Penei Sewell is the best tackle to come out in the draft in the last 15 years.   Draft him at 3 N don't look back .   You'll have stud protecting Burrow for the next decade or more ..    easiest pick in a long time.    If Fields begins to suck QB Wilson out of BYU will get the second spot....

A lot of people on here must not be paying attention to Kyle Trask at Florida:

6'5", 240 lbs, 70.7% completion %, 2554 yards, 31 TDs and 3 INTs in 7 GAMES.  Yes, he is averaging over 4 TD passes a game and over 360 yards per game in the SEC. 

He will be highly sought after in 2021 draft.  Might be ahead of Fields, but no one will get drafted before Lawrence.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Say Sewell is the pick the Bengals covet, and the Redskins are picking at #4 behind us.  They want one of the big 3 QBs.  There could be a scenario where you slide one pick, get an additional 3rd or something, and still get Sewell.  

I am just trying to point out that the #3 overall pick has some serious value and could help the Bengals.  We know Finley won't win any games, and with Covid protocols I doubt they bring in someone else.  

Yep, there are handful of teams that could be addressing QB this offseason:

Jets
Jags
Falcons
Redskins Football Team
Panthers
Patriots

Outside of the scenario you laid out (dropping 1 pick), the only way I could see them trading down far enough to miss out on Sewell is if they've already signed a Thuney type FA. Just have to hope for a big 3. 
Reply/Quote
This is a deeep OT draft. Passing on Sewell doesn't mean we can't get a franchise one. Unless you are a draft nut, which some of us are, you probably don't realize this.

But he is the best "name" most are familiar with. I recommend you guys do some research on this very talented OT class before you slam anyone who dares not talk of taking him 3rd overall.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Outside of the scenario you laid out (dropping 1 pick), the only way I could see them trading down far enough to miss out on Sewell is if they've already signed a Thuney type FA. Just have to hope for a big 3. 

With the injury luck this team has, they need to bring in a Tuney type free agent AND draft Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A lot of people on here must not be paying attention to Kyle Trask at Florida:

6'5", 240 lbs, 70.7% completion %, 2554 yards, 31 TDs and 3 INTs in 7 GAMES.  Yes, he is averaging over 4 TD passes a game and over 360 yards per game in the SEC. 

He will be highly sought after in 2021 draft.  Might be ahead of Fields, but no one will get drafted before Lawrence.  

Fraud SEC East; Georgia was the only tough opponent they had, basically.

Trask against 'bama would've been a great measuring stick; he does well, his stock rises and you're looking at a top 10, (maybe) top 5 pick.

But he won't have faced any tough Ds otherwise and the LSU matchup will be a nightmare for the Tigers, since Pellini is a POS.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: With the injury luck this team has, they need to bring in a Tuney type free agent AND draft Sewell.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the O-lineman in this draft outside of Sewell so that looks like the ideal play right now.

It's just too early to rule out trading down for a haul when another stud OL could be there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:57 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Admittedly, I don't know much about the O-lineman in this draft outside of Sewell so that looks like the ideal play right now.

It's just too early to rule out trading down for a haul when another stud OL could be there. 

Yep, Reader and Williams have shown me we cannot rely on just one free agent or draft pick, we need to double up on important positions. This team has too much bad luck when it comes to injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yep, there are handful of teams that could be addressing QB this offseason:

Jets
Jags
Falcons
Redskins Football Team
Panthers
Patriots

Outside of the scenario you laid out (dropping 1 pick), the only way I could see them trading down far enough to miss out on Sewell is if they've already signed a Thuney type FA. Just have to hope for a big 3. 

I would add:

Bears (Foles and Trubisky suck)
TB - Tom can't play forever
Saints - see Tom above
Eagles - Wentz has major issues

I think Ryan has a few years left
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: This is a deeep OT draft. Passing on Sewell doesn't mean we can't get a franchise one. Unless you are a draft nut, which some of us are, you probably don't realize this.

But he is the best "name" most are familiar with. I recommend you guys do some research on this very talented OT class before you slam anyone who dares not talk of taking him 3rd overall.

This may be a deep ot class. But Sewell is the only one considered a generational type talent. He is considered the 2nd or 3rd overall prospect in this class. Don’t overthink it, it’s not complicated. Just like last year, need and value met with burrow. Sometimes the pick is so easy and obvious .

There should be good pass rushers available at the top of two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:55 AM)jj22 Wrote: Always a consideration when you are picking in the top 3 and your starting qb only has 2 wins to his name coming off significant injury.

Not saying one will be selected, but to not even consider it would be incompetence.

I GUARANTEE you, QB is not and will not be a consideration in the upcoming draft. 

Zero chance. No way, no how. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:03 PM)sloSTI Wrote: What if lawrence stays at Clemson another year, this whole theory is busted.

Lol... for what purpose, the college experience he's not getting due to Covid? 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I GUARANTEE you, QB is not and will not be a consideration in the upcoming draft. 

Zero chance. No way, no how. 

I disagree.

Not early, but a late round pick up to replace Finley has to be on the board unless they plan to go out and sign a veteran back-up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote