Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
Sewell is the only choice at #3.

Chase or Parsons or trade back if he goes before we pick.

Rousseau ain't Chase Young or Bosa level.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 03:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I disagree.

Not early, but a late round pick up to replace Finley has to be on the board unless they plan to go out and sign a veteran back-up.

Yessir. That's a point i made in a subsequent post. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:43 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Finley looked god awful...there is zero chance he pl;ays well enough to win the rest of the year.  If we had a decent defense, it might be possible but this D is pure trash

Honestly, blessing in disguise. We can suck super bad and pick some great onlinemen.
Reply/Quote
I mean, the first round curse continues...

if we draft Sewell he is going to have a freak injury anyways. We gotta rely on the 2nd and 3rd picks as well to get this thing right.
Reply/Quote
O LINEMAN THE 1ST THREE ROUNDS
Reply/Quote
With only 7 picks, what's drafting another Finley late going to do for the team?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:09 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: O LINEMAN THE 1ST THREE ROUNDS

You good with the current state of the defense?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:51 AM)jason Wrote: You good with the current state of the defense?

Considering we skipped the OL need in 2020 draft I would say yes..
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:09 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: O LINEMAN THE 1ST THREE ROUNDS

I'd rather get one with our first and pick up a FA who has proven success rather than hope we hit homeruns on lineman in 3 rounds. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think I would only be okay with the first two.

All of the pass rush problems won't be solved immediately, but getting a real DC and getting a healthy Atkins and Reader in 2021 will make huge strides towards fixing it. I am still convinced that it's mostly DC incompetency that's killed the pass rush. Dunlap performing in Seattle only just confirmed what I already believed.

I'm not sure what the Bengals could be offered that would make me willing to trade down in 2021. At #3 you have a guaranteed chance at an All-Pro level talent difference maker in either Sewell or Chase. Both of which would help your franchise QB in different ways. If you have a Sewell/Chase caliber player available, you gotta take them. Doubly so when you have a questionable FO that you don't trust with the extra picks.

Only 2 Options In My Mind:
1. Sewell
2. Chase only if Sewell isn't available

1,780 yards at 21.2 a catch and 20 TDs in the SEC in 14 games. That is otherworldly. 9/221/2 in the Championship game. Just look at how much Justin Jefferson is dominating as a rookie and then remember that Chase was better. 

If Sewell is gone by the time they pick, Chase is available, and they don't take Chase? It'll be a repeat of the Browns trading down and passing on Julio Jones. 

This makes a lot of sense.  Higgins isn't a replacement for Green, but is going to be very good.  You need to surround Burrow with weapons and Chase would be huge.  The biggest problem on the offensive line ins't at Tackle at all.  It is at guard.  Sign Thuney, and chose from Spain, XSF, and Adeniji at the other tackle spot.  Fred Johnson for backup tackle and Adeniji could slide out as other backup tackle.  

Then I would spend most of the draft (after Chase) on the defensive line and CB.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 05:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly can't see any rationale for taking a WR at #3.  That would be a typical Bengal move and we would be idiots to do it.

I just don't see how a team that struggles to protect the QB would pass on a generational talent at the most important position on offense outside of QB.  We would be the laughingstock of the league.

What makes the Cheif's offense so special?  It is just Mahommes or is it partially because he has the likes of Hill, Hardman, Robinson, Watkins, and Kelce?  Oh, and then they draft CEH.  

When you have a QB with Burrow's talent you have to protect him and surround him with weapons.  I think our tackles are doing well, but the guards have been awful.  Maybe Spain is a find.  Maybe it is Finney.  But if you sign Thuney and then get Chase, this offense becomes downright lethal.  And that is what we need to beat pitt and balt.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: Considering we skipped the OL need in 2020 draft I would say yes..

They signed XSF as a free agent, and he looked ok until getting injured (early, of course).  Frankly we saw a LOT of big guy injuries early because of the lack of real camps with COVID.  

They drafted Adeniji who looks to be a real find in the 6th round.  

They stood by Hart and it appears to have been a good decision, but standing by Jordan....not so much.  

Sign Thuney and put either Spain, Finney, or XSF at LG and watch this team soar with a weapon like Chase.  
Reply/Quote
I am all over Coach Matt's mock draft

[Image: EnoLUByW8AAj7S5?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:51 AM)jason Wrote: You good with the current state of the defense?

You good with the current state of Joe's knee?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: With only 7 picks, what's drafting another Finley late going to do for the team?

They have 8 picks because of Dunlap trade
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
We will go over this in the Draft Central threads, but if Sewell is there you take him.

Move JW to right tackle where he played in Alabama for a year before moving over to LT. JW was graded as the top Run-Blocking tackle in football before coming out into draft and could also play guard according to PFF/scouts.

The Bengals need to move on from Green I feel, so WR round two unless one of the top DE are there in round 2.

I don't care who the coach is or acting GM, after what happened to Burrow and all of the criticism of the OL, if Sewell is there and the Bengals pass to take Chase or someone else, there will be rioting of sorts at least in my household. I love Chase, but Marshall may be available later and other good WR will be there in rounds 2-3.

They really need a starting guard, Sewell AND top FA like Thuney.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: We will go over this in the Draft Central threads, but if Sewell is there you take him.  

Move JW to right tackle where he played in Alabama for a year before moving over to LT.  JW was graded as the top Run-Blocking tackle in football before coming out into draft and could also play guard according to PFF/scouts.  

The Bengals need to move on from Green I feel, so WR round two unless one of the top DE are there in round 2.  

I don't care who the coach is or acting GM, after what happened  to Burrow and all of the criticism of the OL, if Sewell is there and the Bengals pass to take Chase or someone else, there will be rioting of sorts at least in my household.  I love Chase, but Marshall may be available later and other good WR will be there in rounds 2-3.  

They really need a starting guard, Sewell AND top FA like Thuney.

I think if you get a FA guard Thuney type, draft sewell, then use Spain at the other guard spot, then your line is going to look so much better next year, at least on paper. 

I can live with Sewell-Spain-Hopkins-Thuney-Williams. 

We need to go all in on the offense this year. We can worry about the defense later. You have to protect the investment. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:08 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: You good with the current state of Joe's knee?

Negative...

But if they can't stop anybody he's still gonna be chuckin' it every play. Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess... Seems we were best when we had a gnarly defense though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 06:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They have 8 picks because of Dunlap trade

Lol...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I am. With all the injuries back, 1 or 2 FAs and especially a new DC this defense should make BIG steps forward...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote