Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC Championship Bengals vs. Chiefs
(01-24-2022, 04:22 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Dude.  We were down by two TD's three times and still won.

If an atom exploded and caused a mushroom cloud of lombardi trophies to rain on the queen city you'd point out that Einstein and Tesla never saw eye to eye on the proper design of an electric blanket.

Well, they should make them with more heat coils/warmer thingys on one end to help keep your feet warm.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:53 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Man, tough game this. I personally prefer getting the Chiefs to the Bills (playing the best pass D in the league in cold Buffalo would've been tough), but this really is pick your poison. Like last night's game showed, they are two insanely good teams so it's a tough draw either way.

Chiefs don't play the pass as good as the Bills, and hopefully Burrow will get more time to throw than he did in Tennessee. I think Mahomes is what the NFL is for the next few years, close and important games at the end of the season won't be finishing 17-14 anymore, but 35-32 or something. I think if we're to win in Kansas, we'll need another 300+ yard day and at least a 3 TD day from Burrow.

Defence needs a heck of a day, but they've played well to this point. I'm not expecting us to hold the Chiefs to 20 or something, but if the defence can disrupt Mahomes and force him into play where he doesn't just roll us, I'll take it.

If we can play like we did in the first Chiefs game, and like we have all playoffs, we'll have a chance. If you go into a playoff game with a chance, you take it.

I agree with this.

Somehow, the Bengals also need to control the clock so the defense has something left in the tank at the end. But I don't feel bad about the matchup, given how the Bengals finished the second half last time the two teams met.
Reply/Quote
With 13 seconds left, I was sure the Bengals were going to Buffalo. I can't believe Patrick got them down the field for a FG in that little time, but it may have been because the Buffalo defenders were exhausted.

Maybe I should go to Wilmington for the game? Hmm. I could also drive a slightly less distance and watch the game on a movie theater screen at my sister's in Shawnee, KS. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:06 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: America is pulling for us lol.  

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1485451813520392192?s=21

There are a lot of Chiefs fans who are bandwagon fans, the way that fans gravitated to the Chicago Bulls because of Michael Jordan, or who followed Tom Brady to Tampa Bay.  I do expect overall, however, most fans will be rooting for the Bengals, given how few want to see the same teams in the Super Bowl year after year.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:56 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Oh God, I'm so sick of the Chiefs. I was hoping the Bills would spank them, but dammit. I hope like hell we can put them down once and for all next weekend. I don't want to see the Chiefs make another SB.  Sick

And I hope the Niners can put the Rams down. Bengals vs Niners III is what I'd love to see. Chiefs vs Rams would be a terrible SB for me, considering I hate both teams.

We'd have to face the 49ers AGAIN?
Reply/Quote
We have nothing to lose this week. We weren’t supposed to be here. The AFC Championship was last night according to most media. I love it. This team will come out loose and fast. Idk if they win, but they aren’t going to go down without a fight. If I’ve learned anything this year, it’s to stop doubting this team. I won’t do it this week either.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:22 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Dude.  We were down by two TD's three times and still won.

If an atom exploded and caused a mushroom cloud of lombardi trophies to rain on the queen city you'd point out that Einstein and Tesla never saw eye to eye on the proper design of an electric blanket.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that we should or shouldn't win this game?
Reply/Quote
This has been an amazing season and it's made watching the Bengals fun again.

I don't know whats going to happen this upcoming weekend but win or lose Im proud of this team.

Im proud of those of us that have endured the last 31+ years and are still here.

I'll be disappointed if they lose but I'll get over it quickly and I'll be excited for this teams future in a way that I haven't been in a long, long time.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are getting zero respect by the talking heads and media. Both are being dicks about this team. I hope this motivates the team and they trash the Chiefs Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Did any Chief's fans ACTUALLY WATCH the game on January 2nd? Reading their message board apparently they didn't. Holy moly I can't take it. Are they really that delusional? The refs won that game! The Chiefs took them lightly, but it'll be different this time! No way the Bengals can stop Mahomes. Hello? Watch your hometown team much? The Bengals held the Chief's and Mahomes to 3 points in the second half. 3 POINTS! Ja'Marr Chase had more RECEIVING YARDS than Patrick Mahomes had PASSING YARDS. To hear their fans Joe Burrow has the weakest arm of all the QB's left in the playoffs. Unreal.

I absolutely think the Bengals can win. They faced the best defense in the league, got brutalized by it and still won. Mahomes is a gamer for sure. He's no joke, but to think there's no chance means they still think they're playing the 2019 Bengals. Game day can't get here soon enough. Their fanbase is the most pompous, obnoxious and self-inflated fanbase in the entire league which is saying a lot because we see the Steelers twice per year.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 09:21 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: With 13 seconds left, I was sure the Bengals were going to Buffalo. I can't believe Patrick got them down the field for a FG in that little time, but it may have been because the Buffalo defenders were exhausted.

Prior to this, the Bills had two losses so horrific that they merit their own Wikipedia pages. One is the Music City Miracle, when they took the lead in that playoff game with 16 seconds left and lost on a kickoff return. Then the Wide Right loss in a SuperBowl. I don't know what this one will be called, but it will probably have 13 seconds in the name.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 04:02 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Please, if there is a God, I hope we don't have to listen to Romo slobbering over every pass Mahomes throws. 31 other QBs can throw a pass to wide open WR crossing the middle of the field

Looks like Romo is doing the AFC championship game this weekend, and hopefully he's slobber free
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm happy it's the Chiefs

1. The Bills defense is better than KC's

2. We'd have a hell of a time not letting Allen run for 100 yards

Am I saying beating KC will be easy ? NO But even at arrowhead I like our chances better against that D.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:12 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That’s ridiculous.

this is good for us....as I posted prior to the Titans game we were 3.5 pt UDs ...I think we play better as underdogs and lights a bigger fire for the team and especially Joe B. I hope its 10 by kick off
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Prior to this, the Bills had two losses so horrific that they merit their own Wikipedia pages. One is the Music City Miracle, when they took the lead in that playoff game with 16 seconds left and lost on a kickoff return. Then the Wide Right loss in a SuperBowl. I don't know what this one will be called, but it will probably have 13 seconds in the name.

Looking at the Bills message boards immediately after the game ended, "13 seconds" was repeated time and again.  Some posts were just that and no more.  It joins Wide Right, No Goal and Music City Miracle in the annals of Buffalo soul-crushing losses.  I feel for them, they were probably celebrating like crazy after that last TD and making plans for another home game.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Chiefs fans are most arrogant idiots I have ever seen they know nothing about football. Not the slightest bit concerned about a team they lost by 3 to that only scored 3 in the 2nd half. Saying the Titans were trash yet they only scored 3 against them the entire game. Bills d was fraudulent we match up better our S are better our corners overall are better than Bills. LB are closer with Logan back our Dline can contain Mahomes better than Bills. Last I checked Chiefs Dline is not nearly as good as Titans our Dline is better than the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:17 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Joe.
Jason.

Granted, I did say Jason becuase I mix them up and that was changed almost immediately, but again, you would’ve known if you had followed the discussion before you opened your mouth.

I’m dropping this. Just do a better job at reading before trying to be a wise ass.

So if you're going to get fussy and tell me to go back and read your posts and your responses to others, make sure that you quote the right people and don't misrepresent yourself next time. 

"do a better job at reading" says the dude that is having trouble writing his own posts. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:00 AM)Trademark Wrote: Mahomes told Burrow he would see the Bengals in the playoffs and here we are......Bengals must avenge their brothers in battle, the Bills!

Should be a great game. We need to keep Kelce and Hill from beating us and when we get after Mahomes we need to get him 
down. The Bills couldn't do either and that is why they lost. Allen played too damn good for them to lose that game. Sucks for 
the Bills, oh well. I think we match up better with the Chiefs anyways and can beat them, we will see.
Reply/Quote
Stunt on these hoes, boys.
Reply/Quote
Trap game?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote