Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green
I feel as if we need to have a discussion on AJ Green.

This guy can look so good one week, and then so bad other weeks. We all know Dalton's past with prime time games, but AJ disappears more in prime time games than Dalton. AJ is also the constant casualty of bone headed plays. How many times can he fumble with the game on the line?

Look, I know AJ is a good player and he has good games more often than bad, but im trying to get to the root cause of why he disappears in big games. Do we not game plan around him enough? Does he not take on enough initiative? Does Hue need to do a better job of calling his number?

And I dont want to hear about double teams. All dominant receivers get double teamed and they still put up their numbers.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Quiet you fool.

If you judge AJ, they'll hear you and put on you on blast for having the audacity to judge the untouchable AJ Green.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Last night's game just solidified my opinion of AJ Green. Dude is a really good receiver. Great? Arguably, sure. I won't argue with anyone that says he's great.

Elite? Absolutely not.

To be fair, they didn't throw his way much last night and I think that was the result of the game plan. I think they went in planning on giving the Texans a heavy dose of screen passes. But, when the game is on the line and a pass is perfectly on target, elite WRs do NOT drop those passes nor allow defenders to knock the ball loose.

Green could very well be the best receiver in the league if he would only just work hard ALL game and concentrate on EVERY play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I still don't get how AJ is supposed to have a good game when his Qb doesn't?

He was thrown at 3 or 4 times all game and that was toward the end.
Reply/Quote
It's difficult for us to fully judge AJ Green unless we're actually at the game. I hope someday soon we have the capability to change camera angles in NFL games to where we can see the whole field.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our star wideout, franchise qb, and head coach aren't clutch. Recipe for playoff and primetime failures. We won't be winning any big game with that trio. And now Eifert has caught the curse, so any hope of him being the x-factor come playoff time looks to be done.

We should be able to feed and rely on Green like they do A.Brown. Brown makes it look so easy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Really wish Green hadn't taken that second hand off the ball on his fumble. I know it's reflexive, but man... really sucked to lose our shot at winning like that.

Still, he isn't why we loss.
Reply/Quote
No AJ= Dalton has no one to throw to

Dalton chokes= AJ isn't clutch

AJ balls out= Dalton is the best

AJ chokes= We need to have a discussion

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:18 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's difficult for us to fully judge AJ Green unless we're actually at the game. I hope someday soon we have the capability to change camera angles in NFL games to where we can see the whole field.

Gotta agree with this. I hate the fact that you cant see downfield during games. Dalton throws bombs and you have no idea who its even going to until the last second. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:33 AM)Fresno B Wrote: No AJ= Dalton has no one to throw to

Dalton chokes= AJ isn't clutch

AJ balls out= Dalton is the best

AJ chokes= We need to have a discussion

Hilarious

Would you really say Dalton choked though? Sure it wasn't a great game by him, but I think it's easy to see why.

Eifert Choked. O-Line Choked. Hue Jackson Choked.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:38 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: Would you really say Dalton choked though? Sure it wasn't a great game by him, but I think it's easy to see why.

Eifert Choked. O-Line Choked. Hue Jackson Choked.

AJ choked. Thus the discussion.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I still don't get how AJ is supposed to have a good game when his Qb doesn't?

Uh, not fumble the ball when he gets it?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And I dont want to hear about double teams. All dominant receivers get double teamed and they still put up their numbers.

Double teams? He was shut down by a rookie last night.....
Reply/Quote
Hue choked. At the end of the day you get a guy like AJ the ball. 3 targets is insanely bad. Same as Gio having less than 20 touches a game

But Hue finds a way

But in Hues defense you cant win when your first and second options choke so hard. Eifert 4 dropped first downs, Green game losing fumble
Reply/Quote
I was at the game. The only confusing thing was that AJ was not used as a deep threat for a majority of the game. I know that the protection was awful but, at the very least, run a couple of max protect deep balls with your top guy.

No one choked, IMO. Penalties, field position and a lackluster performance by the offensive line is what hurt. And, despite that, Dalton drove the team down the field with a shot to win the game. Had AJ not fumbled, who knows?
Reply/Quote
It seemed that Hue decided to go with Gruden's playoff strategy against the Texans last night.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
AJ got owned by a rookie.

He is Dalton-esque: Bipolar.

Great one week, can't get open the next.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 11:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: I still don't get how AJ is supposed to have a good game when his Qb doesn't?

If AJ Gets open Dalton has someone to throw to... No one was getting open across the board though on most plays. thats why we saw dalton running for first downs

but will say Dre Kirkpatrick shines in the lights
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If AJ Gets open Dalton has someone to throw to...  No one was getting open across the board though on most plays. thats why we saw dalton running for first downs

but will say Dre Kirkpatrick shines in the lights

Agreed.  Even on the DRE comments (which is a rare kudos from me to DRE). 
Reply/Quote
:angry: :angry: :angry: I can only hope we can chalk it up to a bad game by our receivers, Eifert and AJ included.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote