Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Trade in Works
How's this, McCarron and a 4th for Sheldon Richardson and Christian Hackenberg.

Hackenberg as our new back up if Driskell doesn't pan out.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I don't want anything to do with Richardson. Off field issues and pending free agent.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:12 PM)corpjet Wrote: How's this, McCarron and a 4th for Sheldon Richardson and Christian Hackenberg.

Hackenberg as our new back up if Driskell doesn't pan out.

**** NO!!!

Keep Hackenberg away from here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Can't deal McCarron to another team when Dalton is poised to be killed this season.

Wont matter if Dalton getting Killed so would McCarron..   If the OL cant Pass Protect time to run more. if they cant run block... Time to replace the OL coach. lol

Ob could be better on the left.. And sometimes bigger guys take longer to get their legs fully back under them  (like geno his first season back from injury was far from an impressive one)

Drafted RG Westerman  and Fisher needs a spot on the OL
Reply/Quote
This isn't happening. Broncos trading Siemian to Jets already in works once they get Romo.

Chris Mortensen‏Verified account
@mortreport
Cowboys now expect to trade Tony Romo to Broncos or Texans, sources say. Broncos talking with Jets about Trevor Siemian.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wont matter if Dalton getting Killed so would McCarron..   If the OL cant Pass Protect time to run more. if they cant run block... Time to replace the OL coach. lol

Ob could be better on the left.. And sometimes bigger guys take longer to get their legs fully back under them  (like geno his first season back from injury was far from an impressive one)

Drafted RG Westerman  and Fisher needs a spot on the OL

Nice post Xeno, completely agree.
Reply/Quote
I think Richardson would be beneficial as we wouldn't have to use a pick on that area. Besides, McCarron's bones are just the same as Dalton's. In the end, they'll both probably be broken at the end of the year. At least with Richardson we could break some other people's bones...maybe.
Reply/Quote
If this team was one player away and that player was a defensive lineman, then I'd be all over it. No brainer. Unfortunately, this team is about 4 offensive linemen away. And 2 linebackers. And possibly a corner. And a running back. You get the picture.

On the other hand, it might be a fun way for the team to distract fans from the carnage free agency has wreaked on the line. Bring in a big name player, make the headlines, blah blah. Heck, it could even eat up some cap with his 8 million dollar salary and give Hobson something else to cry poor about. Quarterback is still toast when September gets here.
Reply/Quote
Richardson
Geno
Billings
Dunlap

Oh My....
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Cutler might be on his way to New York. Would effectively kill this trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:58 PM)samhain Wrote: If this team was one player away and that player was a defensive lineman, then I'd be all over it.  No brainer.  Unfortunately, this team is about 4 offensive linemen away.  And 2 linebackers.  And possibly a corner.  And a running back.  You get the picture.

On the other hand, it might be a fun way for the team to distract fans from the carnage free agency has wreaked on the line.  Bring in a big name player, make the headlines, blah blah.  Heck, it could even eat up some cap with his 8 million dollar salary and give Hobson something else to cry poor about.  Quarterback is still toast when September gets here.

Bring in Fluker or Reiff at RG, Wisnewski or Mangold at C, draft one of the top Centers for the future.

Even with this we have to hold out hope our young Tackles can protect Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't want anything to do with Richardson. Off field issues and pending free agent.

I'll pass too. We already have enough assholes on our D.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:58 PM)samhain Wrote: If this team was one player away and that player was a defensive lineman, then I'd be all over it.  No brainer.  Unfortunately, this team is about 4 offensive linemen away.  And 2 linebackers.  And possibly a corner.  And a running back.  You get the picture.

On the other hand, it might be a fun way for the team to distract fans from the carnage free agency has wreaked on the line.  Bring in a big name player, make the headlines, blah blah.  Heck, it could even eat up some cap with his 8 million dollar salary and give Hobson something else to cry poor about.  Quarterback is still toast when September gets here.

Amen.
Reply/Quote
If they trade McCarron at this point it should be for a LT. Someone has to have a spare one laying around that needs a QB. Hell, I think the Rams have a pretty good LT and dumpster fire at QB, maybe we can swing that deal.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:06 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Desperation. They have to know the fans are livid and going to be calling for a few heads on a pike. They need to make some sort of splash.
Remember the Bengal's management DO NOT CARE WHAT FANS THINK OR WANT. Repeat that over and over until it soaks in.
Reply/Quote
A one year rental on a 3-4 DE who can't bend the edge and got 1.5 sacks last year. No thanks. I'd prefer that they kept McCarron. What is up with them trying to force fit 300 lb dudes who can't pass rush in at De anyway?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Crowe Wrote: Lol...just so you know, the bengals could very well fix the oline with a solid draft and a decent free agent or 2. Yes I know it sucks to lose our own, but sometimes that's what it takes to fix the issues we have. As far as grabbing a guy like Richardson, that would be a boon to our line, I just hope if it happens that we can extend him.

This is a weak draft for O line.  They are not signing any unrestricted free agents so they don't lose their precious comp picks.  We are screwed.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: Agreed as part of this deal there has to be some type of extension or some type of draft pick compensation packaged

This is the creative part of the proposal that would make me consider it.  No doubt he would be a massive upgrade at RDE.  If they threw in a 3rd round pick this year, or even a 3rd rounder in next year's draft I would strongly consider it.  

I still can't believe Cleveland hasn't offered us their 2nd.  That is what I think helps both teams the most.  Have the no-cost McCarron there to push Osweiler for the job and when he wins it, you can release Osweiler next season.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:04 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This is a weak draft for O line.  They are not signing any unrestricted free agents so they don't lose their precious comp picks.  We are screwed.

Pretty comical on NFL radio last night:  One of the talking heads pointed out "from an article from Butch Hobson" that the Bengals expect to receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for Zeitler and a 5th round for Whitworth.

Polian chuckled and said something to the effect of "let me know how those picks help protect Dalton".  I also laughed because it basically means that there is no way the Bengals will sign any FA as that would effect the compensatory picks.  

I hope they sign Sexy.  
Reply/Quote
God, this would suck so bad...
Reply/Quote