Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Trade in Works
IF this is true, let's hope he finds some respect for his coaches and teammates. Skipping meetings and showing up late for meetings worries me.
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt this rumor has any legs, but if the Bengals pull this off it would be a flat out steal.
Reply/Quote
This deal won't happen. We just lost Whit, and now the front office will turtle up and hide under their desks until the draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it would be a good deal for us.. We get a DE without using our first rounder on one and allows us to take BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:43 PM)BengalBo Wrote: I think it would be a good deal for us.. We get a DE without using our first rounder on one and allows us to take BPA.

I think it would be a good deal as well. Sign him, draft Foster....
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:37 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I seriously doubt this rumor has any legs, but if the Bengals pull this off it would be a flat out steal.

How is it a steal? This guy makes $8 million this year and is a free agent...

And he had 1.5 sacks last year with 5 the year before. His 2nd year in the league he had 8.

This guy is overrated.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:06 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just read about it, and hopefully he has cleaned up his act.  Was already suspended for failing drug tests when he was clocked at 143 mph, tried out outrun the police, and had loaded weapons in the car.  The arresting officer said the car wreaked of marijuana.  The part that really bothered me was that he had a 12 year old in the car with him... come on dude...

This. Hard pass.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is it a steal? This guy makes $8 million this year and is a free agent...

And he had 1.5 sacks last year with 5 the year before. His 2nd year in the league he had 8.

This guy is overrated.

The situation on the Jets complete changed when they switched Defensive coaches.  He originally started out playing interior D and later was moved to edge when they got wilkerson.  The idea was that they wanted all their top interior players on the line instead of positional fits.  He will do much better in a 4-3 playing RDE and 1 tech on pass rush downs.  You simply can't double team both atkins and him which is going to be a nightmare for offenses.  If we Draft another pass rusher to play RDE in the draft in the top 4 rounds which they have said during the combine they wanted to draft two than this trade makes a lot of sense especially if they move on from peko and rotate him with Billings. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pass. Don't do this.
Reply/Quote
If it happens great. If not I hope we trade AJM before the draft; as I am tired of having to do AJM instead of just AJ to know who I'm talking about. it makes me as angry as MLJ.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:52 PM)Burma Wrote: If the line is bad enough to get Dalton IRed, it's safe to say we wont be in the super bowl hunt and a quality back up QB would do nothing to change that sad reality.

I wouldn't jump all the way to IR. But it's going to take the line several games to get used to each other. An injury to Dalton is a bigger possibility the less effective his line is. That could be anywhere from a few plays to several games. Having someone who can come in and not force us to run, run, run, punt is huge on the chance we're a bubble team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is it a steal? This guy makes $8 million this year and is a free agent...

This guy is overrated.

He's got the talent so maybe a fresh start would do him good. Reggie Nelson/Pacman had the same questions when we signed them and look what they did for us. Hell even Deltha O'Neil played good for us and everyone said he was overrated. Sometimes a change of scenery can be all the player needs
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:21 PM)BengalBo Wrote: He's got the talent so maybe a fresh start would do him good. Reggie Nelson/Pacman had the same questions when we signed them and look what they did for us. Hell even Deltha O'Neil played good for us and everyone said he was overrated. Sometimes a change of scenery can be all the player needs

He's a free agent with severe off-the-field issues too.

I'd rather have a 2nd Round pick for AJ.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton gets injured behind our o-line it doesn't matter who the backup is because it's probably an indication that they haven't improved from last season.

We aren't the Pats we have a bit of re-building to do and we have extra trade ammo in McCarron so now is the time to pull the trigger. It's a blessing that we have something we can trade that holds value to other teams. The gap between how we value him and other teams would is too large because he rides the pine for us. There are backups all over the place holding on to one that other teams see in high regard is silly when you are picking 9th in the draft.

As far as Richardson goes the defense hinges on the d-line and it has been neglected just as badly as the o-line has so no complaints from me. This team isn't going to sniff the playoffs if we can't stop the run regardless unless we just play lights out on offense. Richardson gives us help right away and won't need to develop his game.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:28 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If Dalton gets injured behind our o-line it doesn't matter who the backup is because it's probably an indication that they haven't improved from last season.

We aren't the Pats we have a bit of re-building to do and we have extra trade ammo in McCarron so now is the time to pull the trigger. It's a blessing that we have something we can trade that holds value to other teams. The gap between how we value him and other teams would is too large because he rides the pine for us. There are backups all over the place holding on to one that other teams see in high regard is silly when you are picking 9th in the draft.

As far as Richardson goes the defense hinges on the d-line and it has been neglected just as badly as the o-line has so no complaints from me. This team isn't going to sniff the playoffs if we can't stop the run regardless unless we just play lights out on offense. Richardson gives us help right away and won't need to develop his game.

Great post, we would also be getting a proven player here instead of an unknown draft pick.

We need proven players cause most of our coaches don't know how to coach up draft picks as of late.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Say he does join and have a great season..

Can't we just franchise tag and do a contract?

Imagine him and Geno in the middle...

Goodness.

Do a contract?

We haven't extended a tagged player since Rudi Johnson in 2004. Also, he didn't sign a new deal until after the draft when we missed out on Steven Jackson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I realize this is Jump of The ledge Week. But folks do realize we sign a lot of our bigger name players; especially with lots of gas left in the tank. I doubt we would treat Wilk any differently if he came here an performed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:54 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: Sounds great until you remember that Dalton is likely to be murdered by a RDE at some point this season.

Richardson could shoot that RDE though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:03 PM). bfine32 Wrote: If it happens great. If not I hope we trade AJM before the draft; as I am tired of having to do AJM instead of just AJ to know who I'm talking about. it makes me as angry as MLJ.

Ha. Yeah he's gone by Mac, AJM, Macaroni and McC all because people can't just call him AJ. 

For while, people called Michael Johnson "MJ93" to differentiate from Marv Jones. Them he comes back and changes his number. Way too confusing.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Jets are going to want more than AJM for Richardson. Probably a 3rd or a 4th.
Reply/Quote